Eredar should have been an Allied Race

This quest is a dead giveaway that we’re doing some dark/light shik right? RIGHT? idk if i even care at this point. i’ll be at blIzZcoN anyways. lul

Wish it was mine, because it looks cool. But it’s one I found on Icy-Veins.

Actually all racials should be removed. Like races need to be combined. Then you just can go to the barber and change your race when ever you want. Because f the micro transactions and Activision.

It’s totally backwards. Lightforged should have been the skin, Eredar should have been the allied race. :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

You know I wasn’t going to buy the paladin trading post set but that mog has convinced me lol

1 Like

That’s… not a healthy attitude to take.

Given how much variety and detail we see on the eredar models on Argus, it’s really weird that it’s taken two expansions since legion, and all we get are two skin shades, a couple new hair colors, and a racial recolor that’s copied over from a toy.

They could have done a lot better than this, and the lack of effort shows.

I would agree with all parts of this except for the fact that some racials are actually super fun, especially the active ones like the highmountain charge and the KT haymaker.

Makes playing melee classes for those races really fun and thematic, and I’d hate to see those go away in favor of more homogenization.

Would it be better to ride them on every little thing and them deciding to give us nothing but the middle finger and tell us to be happy with it?

with the allied races they are imho skin swaps
high mountain is the same as the og tauren but with moose antlers not bull horns
the light forge same just added lights on them
only allied races are new is Vulpera and kt is new in a way no same skeletons match any alliance races

Personally allied races clog up spots… a lot of things I think should of always been just a cosmetic choice and not ANOTHER race.

That said ya the racial could be odd but honestly :person_shrugging:

This is actually a good idea, and a solution I had already used for my other personal customization pet peeve, which is not being able to name our mounts like we can name our battle pets.

1 Like

How is that different than what happens a lot of the time anyway? Lmao. I don’t understand your argument. I’m happy with what they gave us, but compared to what we’ve gotten elsewhere, it feels like less, and I’d like to see more.

shrug Me I’m just happy to get something, Besides I personally dislike Allied Races because as many have said. A lot of them could have just been customization options to the Core races perhaps with the quests added to them for Heritage and such.

I have enough trouble trying to decide between a Base Orc or a Mag’har Orc Warrior As there are elements from both I like.

At least Draenei/Man’ari got it better than people that wanted Dark Ranger because what we got just one skin that’s literally tied with the skin color and eyes where no matter how much it’s been requested people can’t get more skin colors, red eyes separated from the skintone, the skin for Nightborne and so on and so on.

I’m sure people would be happier with more for anything but at least with the whole Man’ari thing they put in more work than Dark Ranger and it shows.

2 Likes

Oh don’t get me started about Dark Rangers, and how about the fact that you can’t get the Undead racials with Dark Rangers because they customizations are only available on elves?

COOL. GOOD.

1 Like

Would like Underwater breathing for Death Knights as well.

Just be an undead DK. /fourhead

No, but seriously, the inconsistency makes my inner lore nerd go nuts.

I would if I didn’t absolutely despise the DK reverb on Undead characters. Like they were sucking on Helium.

1 Like

What’s so awful about that is little changes like that make all the difference honestly and it takes very little work so it’s like why not just do it so that it’s better all around, even with the Man’ari thing I’ve been supportive of people wanting cracks, scars, different horn colors, etc. because it helps with the fantasy of what you are supposedly playing.

In the case of Dark Ranger as I said they just got shafted with the one skin literally as a skin since the eyes and skintone aren’t useable otherwise and it’s like okay well I wish they’d put in more work on Dark Ranger like they did Man’ari and then more work on Man’ari to finish it up.

2 Likes

THIS. This is the biggest problem I have. And I hope the addition of the Eredar skins shows that they’re more open to adding these tiny customization tweaks going forward, because it really isn’t huge to add these options in, and they make sure a big difference for making my character feel like EXACTLY the character I want to play with and interact with the world through.

1 Like