Eredar should have been an Allied Race

Can warlocks still get green fire from MoP? That’d work well with those guys/gals.

3 Likes

draenei now have their corrupted forms and elves now can be undead. id love to have the felblood elves as well for unlock make it for all elves from the legion time period.

2 Likes

Yep. I happen to have it.

1 Like

Seriously. Full-fledged races wouldve been much better than allied races in every way. Better customizations, better implementation, and also ACTUAL starting zones…

But no, they just had to give us rushed out races, and some shouldnt have even been anything more than customizations for their original race.
Forever salty about it tbh.

5 Likes

Doubt that would happen, making a macro that just casts that ability and changing the icon is your best bet

Nonoa, can you perhaps add this as a request for the High Elf customizations regarding the Void Elves? Changed colored Void Elf racials? If the Draenei can get something like this, then the vocal majority should also have access to their correct racial colorizations.

2 Likes

I don’t think the Eredar should of joined the alliance it was pretty dumb if you ask me. But Velen doesn’t seem to care at this point.

The reason behind this is likely linked to his son and Illidan’s speech in the cinematic back then. He has changed since then.

2 Likes

If Man’ari Eredar had to be playable, this is probably the best way to go about it. Pretty much the only thing neat about the Lightforged as its own “race” is I’m pretty sure that draenei to LFDraenei is the only “race change” that can canonically occur.

Like a normal draenei steps into a magic light-machine, passes the trials and steps out as a Lightforged. That’s kind of neat, I guess.

Still should have been barber shop options like the Man’ari

2 Likes

I remember when people thought they would be able to get a free lightforging for their draenei, but no that didn’t happen.

Allied races have had so many specific quests and concepts that it would probably break things to roll them back into their main race.

Also you would probably still need to have void elf, nightborne, and vulpera (and maybe Kul tiran with their unique skeletons) as stand-alone main races.

2 Likes

There are enough allied races. Damn things have turned into a “flavor of the month” gag.

1 Like

Still a waste of a slot for the Alliance. Should have been something better, like Sethraks, as an example.

2 Likes

No more low-effort allied races. Five of the ones we got in Legion and BfA are flat-out recolors, two are model hacks with different animations, and people still insist on whining about them taking up spots on the character creation menu and saying that Blizzard should undertake the mechanically improbable task of deleting them from the game and giving their parts to their parent races.

Having eredar as simply barber options for draenei spares me from having to make a new character or pay $25 to race change my existing draenei, and from having to listen to the cries of how eredar paladins don’t make sense, how they should have paladins anyway because it doesn’t matter, their racials being broken or underwhelming, how they should’ve gone to the Horde for arbitrary reasons, etc. It also spares the devs from having to make a whole third draenei variant due to the community’s misguided belief that older races have priority.

4 Likes

TBH this is how most of the allied races should had been

1 Like

A thousand percent. And take the opportunity to redo the racials.

I always pushed for Eredar or possibly Man’ari for Horde to give them an excuse to have Draenei Warlocks. Then you make all their racials based more accordingly to their previously associated Legion powers. Always made sense to me. Would’ve much preferred that over Lightforge Draenei.

Blizzard should just let people pick their faction at character creation at this point.

2 Likes

You know, at this point they might as well. Canonically, the entire faction war is essentially over…

2 Likes

No they shouldn’t. They should have stayed as enemies.

And yes this includes dark iron dwarves.