[Customization - Race] High Elf Race, Customization & In-Game Architecture

More and more void elves continue to utilize the Atomic Recalibrator to have blood elf hairstyles to better represent high elves. Not to mention have a sun glow to their eyes to represent the rare pilgrimage the Quel’dorei are allowed to take to the Sunwell per lore.

As one poster put it: “I wish we could use blood elf hair options on void elves. And vice versa. Same with nelf and nightborne.”

This wish is shared across multiple communities and would be a benefit for all to share such hairstyles.

It only takes a moment to make a Sin’dorei hairstyle in Blender work for a Ren’dorei and vice-versa. And it is not that trivial to adjust hairstyles in Blender to match other races in general. This seems like a low-hanging fruit that anyone using Blender could knock out and make the community very pleased with options.

Furthermore: https://www.wowhead.com/news/forsaken-guard-armor-update-on-patch-10-2-ptr-cape-polearm-and-pauldron-335256?webhook

I hope that the Alliance Quel’dorei and other races can get updated tabards. Thinking of the one high elf/Quel’dorei Alliance tabard for now: The Silver Covenant. The new versus old tabards are night and day, and they clash immensely in their low resolution compared to the gorgeous tabards Dragonflight has brought us.

Personal Thought: I feel both blood elves and void elves have ownership over Quel’dorei and a way to integrate them with shared customization would be to treat them like the Pandaren: Alliance High Elves & Horde High Elves. Glyph the name ‘blood elf’ and ‘void elf’ for customization or make it a check box in the character creator. Kael’thas Sunstrider dubbed the name ‘blood elves’ many suns ago in lore and betrayed his people, it would not be a stretch for them to utilize this name as well. Or leave it alone - just a suggestion to make everyone happy since technically ‘all’ are Quel’dorei/high elves and feel proud ownership over this.

Glory to the Alliance Quel’dorei! Our dream of becoming a recognized reality lives on. And shorel’aran. Thank you for reading. :pray:

Update: I was pinged on another post and this suggestion also plays into the glyphs too. There is so much an inscriptionist can do to add more flavor to the game via implementation.

To have the void elf racials that turn you a blue-purple into a more thematic high elf look, or to remove the racials that change your appearance altogether, would be amazing.

This has always been super non-immersive within the RP community when fighting mobs in the wild during a campaign as an Alliance high elf… Then you suddenly turn into a blueberry capable of competing with Wonka’s Violet Beauregard in a Chocolate Factory as a passable blueberry pie.

I believe if shadow priests can pretty much remove their ‘shadow’, this is not such a big ask and would be a popular glyph based off how many void elf players simply choose a high elven appearance.

Thank you again!

18 Likes