Eredar for the Horde - Change My Mind

Horde should have gotten Eredar. Now that Sargeras is imprisoned, his hold over the Eredar is broken. The Horde has always been about second chances and the Eredar, no longer bound to Sargeras, are without a real home or leader. Plus, it would have pissed off the Draenei which fuels the tension between the two factions. Lightforged should not have even been a thing. And red space goats on Horde side would have made more sense than Alliance getting a second space goat race.

8 Likes

2nd chances? You realize that the Horde kicked the Void Elves out of the Horde. And the Alliance welcomed them.

Kind of ironic.

3 Likes

The “Horde” didn’t. Blood elves did that. And if not for Alleria, the Alliance would have shunned them as well.

6 Likes

The Sindorei kicked them out due to the danger they presented to the Sun Well, I’m sure the rest of the Horde wouldn’t have had a problem with them remaining in the Horde but not being allowed into Silvermoon.

6 Likes

So I guess the Horde isn’t ‘all about’ 2nd chances then? Only some of them are? Partly about 2nd chances I guess?

1 Like

Conjecture IMO. No one vetoed the Blood Elves decision so they were complicit with it.

1 Like

Sin’dorei business, go back to your drinks.

3 Likes

Forsaken: Shunned by the Alliance, given a chance by the Horde.
Blood Elves: Shunned by the Alliance, given a chance by the Horde.
Nightborne: Distrusted by Tyrande, so they went Horde.
Zandalari: Fought both factions numerous times since Cata, accepted into the Horde.
Mag’har Orcs: Were the Iron Horde on Draenor, joined the Horde.

Their track record for second chances outweighs their one time they banished anyone from the Horde.

3 Likes

Eredar would fit in well in conflict with the Lightforged Draenei.

It would also present us with a fel-positive race rather than the usual anti-fel.

Finally…I cant help but wonder what is happening to their ranks ever since the fall of the Legion. It would be interesting to see.

4 Likes

They weren’t kicked out of the Horde. They were kicked out of Silvermoon for endangering the Sunwell’s existence.

They defected the Horde on their own lol

7 Likes

There is always a “give them a second chance, but if they bite the hand that feeds them” angle. Or to put it another way: The void elves were Blood Elves that got their second chance with the Horde then they delved into void magic and posed a threat to the Blood Elves while still technically part of the Blood Elves and then got kicked out.

It would be closer to a young thief being given a chance with a good family then stealing from that family then being unable to go back with that family because the family now thinks that there is no hope for the thief.

eredar seem like they are a bit chaotic evil. Not sure how they would fit in on either faction.

1 Like

I seriously wanna be a red space goat dude. I’m not even joking.

3 Likes

I don’t blame them. Alleria was exiled from Silvermoon (being allied to the Alliance for the most part), and she was the one who saved the Void Elves. The Blood Elves wanted nothing to do with Umbric and his people.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say the Horde gave the Blood Elves a 2nd chance. What did they do exactly? Fight Horde who were murdering them?

The Alliance gave the Void Elves a 2nd chance though. because they defected to the Horde and the Alliance accepted them back.

2 Likes

Not to mention the permanent deaths of Kil’Jaeden and Archimonde. Did someone take over leadership? Do they remain evil or do they try to rebuild their broken civilization now that they are no longer under Sargeras’ control?

1 Like

Pretty sure 99% of them didn’t feel particularly forced.

They still have tons of planets they conquered and tons of generals I’m sure.

Oh really.

Sylvanas and the forsaken: Killed other forsaken for simply wanting to visit their human families.

Nightborne: Outright hate the night elves after being saved by them just because Tyrande said a mean girls thing.

Orcs in general: Still hated Jaina despite she helping them since WCIII and being friends with Thrall until they destroyed theramore.

Mag’har: Hate all draenei despite the draenei from their universe having nothing to do with ours.

Not to mention that the horde constantly starts wars and tries to kill the Alliance under any excuse following any crazy leader that comes by.

The Alliance has literally forgiven the horde and allow them to exist over and over again with Draenei quite literally saving Blood elves, Varian helping Saurfang, Genn understanding forsaken etc… etc…

4 Likes

Eredar weren’t mind controlled by Sargeras. Tricked into it yes and the fel magic twisted their minds, but everything they did on the crusade was intentional with no regret. Whenever we see them they’re having the time of their lives burning things.

Hard to say “I’m sorry, we’re cool now!” after 25,000 years of deliberate awfulness. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Normally, I’d agree… but the cut scene when you defeat Kil’Jaeden implies that he regrets his decision to follow Sargeras because he thought it was the only way to protect them from Sargeras.

You really like to pretend as if the threat they presented to the Sunwell wasn’t a biggie, hm?

Did you forget the fact that Eredar are directly responsible for everything wrong that has happened to the orcs? And were indirectly (as part of the legion) responsible for what happened to Forsaken and Blood elves?

Sure, the Horde is about giving second chances, but the story between the Horde and anything Legion related is not exactly the best.

Also, I think we’ve had enough shared models as it is.

2 Likes