[Era] Drop the cost of cloning

It is ridiculous this is still a thing, it should’ve never been done in the first place.

23 Likes

Yeah, the cloning fee was one of the scummier things Blizz has done to their customers.

22 Likes

At this point with the populations issues on Era servers, I would propose that the fee be removed. We want people to return and play in Era.

16 Likes

Its funny i was just looking at my rogue and was like "im not paying 15 bucks just to reactivate him AND then pay to transfer him to another server

4 Likes

This is a good example of simple things that prevent people from even bothering from playing era…this barrier needs to go…

I don’t even think they should charge to transfer on era…I think with the servers there are only really 2 or 3 real clusters now…EU, US, oceanic. This is legacy content that isn’t really their main driver and is just something dwindling in the background now…

2 Likes

Even if they just combined the reactivation with the transfer id consider it. That way i can do some research see if theres a good classic era server then just activate and transfer there in one breath at one cost

Id absolutely play Era if cloning fee wasn’t a thing

7 Likes

SEE BLIZZ? SEE?
Cmon. It’s time. Help people return to Era and give it a go.

4 Likes

Nah they chose to leave Classic for their progression server. Let them have it. If people actually want to play Era they can create a phresh character or pony up. Let them think of it as purchasing a character boost!

Yeah . I can agree. I paid for a copy and transfer. And the worst thing - I wanted to transfer and alt - but he’s locked for 90 days

I have a bunch of toons on Heartseeker. I transferred my paladin and druid to Bene in TBC, and paid to clone Cauchy (during a sale.) I logged in and like 5 people were online. 3 were from other servers.

You mean support a cash grab that is no longer relevant.

3 Likes

More like a plenary indulgence

Bump blizz, consider this, give this to the era players instead of waiting on the clone money to pay for Friday drinks…

3 Likes

Here’s to hoping the cost of cloning is dropped. After all it was the restrictive price of cloning which killed off a lot of interest in Era at launch. Blizz finally made transfers in Era free to consolidate the playerbase so I do not see why the price of cloning cannot be dropped too.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t get my hopes up. What possible negative would they have in not lowering the cost?

A few unsubs to a very small player base? Are you actually going to unsub if they do not lower the price?

If the answer is no, then they won’t lower the price. That’s it.

For alliance, what is the classic era cluster? My toons are on Sulfuras and I want to raid era again.

whitemane cluster is the goto for US this includes:

Anathema, Arcanite Reaper, Bigglesworth, Blaumeux, Fairbanks, Kurinnaxx, Rattlegore, Smolderweb, Thunderfury, and Whitemane.

Not sure if you have option for free transfer.

I dont think so. I’ll check later. I would xfer to WM but my horde toons are there. Might just do TF.

There is a guild still raiding on another cluster Faerlina, maybe hit up Lovepony.

You can also transfer to any of those realms, doesn’t have to be whitemane.