Epilogue: Judgement spoilers

Well this is the corner they’ve wrote themself into with this dumb story, and further evidence that WoT should’ve never happened. Because there’s a bunch of souls that need to be saved and will probably have to spend a good long while waiting in purgatory, assuming the jailer’s army isn’t doing anything, if it still exists, we don’t even know. Sylvanas needs to be punished somehow.

Does she just go to prison for the rest of her unlife? Is she executed? I think that’s what most Alliance players wanted to see, that would’ve been great catharsis. But it’s not the path Blizzard wanted to take for a lot of reasons, primary being that they’ve decided to try to use Sylvanas as some sort of abuse allegory, which I think is pretty gross. Secondarily, I don’t think a lot of Horde players would be very happy with another Horde character getting axed. Prison time might be more realistic but feels milquetoast given the circumstances and the sheer enormity of what Sylvanas was going for. I don’t really know how you go about sentencing someone for not only genocide, but conspiring to unmake reality.

So given that the situation is just bad, I think this is the best way it could’ve ended diplomatically speaking. Personally I would not have cared if she was executed on the spot. But we always knew that was never an option. They said early on that Sylvanas dying was off the table.

6 Likes

The definition of a hypocrite is a person who pretends to have certain beliefs, attitudes or feelings when they really do not .
Tyrande and Malfurion fall under this by way of their actions to get Varian to forgive Genn, and the Gilneans, yet Tyrande will not forgive the Shal’dorei, and Malfurion won’t forgive Illidan, despite both being of similar situations. As if their standards apply to everyone else, but not themselves.

1 Like

This is probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever watched. Pelagos… the Judicator of the afterlife, is asking a bunch of mortals if they are okay with the perpetrators’ self appointed punishment. And then it’s "mortal " Tyrande marching forward with her vengeful judgement?

Is this supposed to be a cosmic realm? Eternal ones should be serving tables at the inn.

The whole expansion seemed like that scene in one of the Ice Age sequels, where Manny is telling all the kids a story, and one of the kids complains so he changes the story, and then all the kids laugh at him.

4 Likes

What I don’t get is, why let her keep all her gear for that? Why not confiscate her weapons and armor, like Maiev in Legion? It’s not like she’d need them anyway, what with the jailer and the mawsworn utterly decimated and all.

Tyrande really never thinks things through.

Mawrats. And stuff?

1 Like

Hey, if WE had to deal with those things, and didn’t originally even have access to ground mounts over there…

Besides, doesn’t she have teleportation powers and stuff? Also, we are talking about her punishment here.

Once again, Tyrande really never thinks things through.

The Mawsworn are still in the maw, they are just leaderless, like the scourge. Likely factions will form. To fulfill Tyrande’s Judgement that she be the last soul to leave, she is going to have to solo an army the size of the Legion. A disorganized one, but still.

She might need a bow and armor for that.

Elune does the thinking for Tyrande.

What are you even talking about??? In both cases they left their view of the two relatively open ended. Sure, it was not immediately forgiveness but it was certainly not 100% bitterness/never fogiving them.

Tyrande: The Nightwell is no more.

Tyrande: These Nightborne will learn to survive without its corrupting power, or they will perish. Let us hope it is the former.

Malfurion Stormrage says: My brother made selfish choices. Caused pain to so many. His transgressions are… difficult to forgive.

Malfurion Stormrage says: And yet… there were times when we fought for a common cause. A shared purpose. Those were good days.

3 Likes

What are you even talking about? Open ended? and yet, they never actually claimed to have forgiven them, like how Varian had to do with Genn, and the Gilneans.
Tyrande turned them away when they sought to rejoin the Night Elves, what exactly about that implies any forgiveness? What, that she didn’t straight up murder them all? And Malfurion never made any efforts to speak with Illidan, when he came back, or even hear his side of things. He just whines like he has been the greatest victim of Illidan’s actions, despite you know, never having had anything else to do with him since WC3, after hearing the message Illidan left for him. Only recalling his glory days when they fought the Legion. Obviously he lives in his own little world.