Epic ground mount cost question

Back then on tbc they switched the training and the mount cost. So my question is : will it be the same? And if someone bought the training for cheap on classic but waited to get the mount for cheap, what happens then?

Well there’s no epic mount training in classic… so I’m going to take a guess and say that everyone with an epic mount already before prepatch will be given the epic mount training for free (why would they make you pay for epic mount training if you’ve already been riding one for 18 months?
If you only have the 60% training and no epic mount on prepatch, then I would say that you will have to pay for your epic mount training since you don’t even have an epic mount.

1 Like

Thing is, on my alt I didn’t buy the mount but bought the 100% training. The question remains and I really would like a blue post on this, will I be forced to pay the big price or will I get the discount since I already bought it.

Once prepatch drops you will pay the new price for the mount and/or training.

So, if you have not purchased your mount yet, then you will pay the new price. They never had a “what if” system in place.

The only thing that could change here is if they hold the mount change till launch instead of prepatch. I am foggy on when it dropped. I have slept. . a lot, since then.

Blue post please

2 Likes

Originally those who had an epic mount got the epic riding without paying anything. I don’t see any reason they would change that. But yeah a blue post would be nice.

The price of the mounts go down after the change, so even with paying for the training it’s cheaper overall than the 800 you pay now(rank3+honored)

The mount + the training is cheaper but the training alone is way cheaper now than it will be and the mount will rise in price cause they just switch them.

There’s no such thing as 100% training in WoW Classic. There’s Raptor Riding. If you’ve trained that, then you will have Apprentice Riding when the BC prepatch launches, on the BC version of your realm. If you have trained that and also obtained and used any form of epic mount, then you will have Journeyman Riding when the BC prepatch launches, on the BC version of your realm. If your intended question is one to which you cannot derive the answer from this, then the answer is “no.”

You did not buy the 100% training on your alt, because there is no “100% training” in Classic. There is simply riding training for each faction-specific kind of mount. For example, when my Dwarf priest purchased his epic ram, he did not have to buy any training, because he’d already paid for ram riding at level 40. If I’d been purchasing an epic mechanostrider instead, I would have had to fork over an extra 20 gold to pay for mechanostrider piloting.

When TBC came out, characters were awarded riding skill based on what mounts they currently owned. Those with only a 60% mount automatically received riding skill 75, while those with a 100% mount automatically received riding skill 150. I assume it will be the same way in TBC classic.

1 Like

Most likely the mount changes will come in prepatch.

This was actually a 1.12 change back in 06 and not something introduced at TBC pre patch or launch.

Would be great to get some insight about this from someone who got beta access

Footage on the beta server showed the mount costing 540g.

Edit: The epic mount training will cost 540g, and the mount itself will cost 90g.

Yes but the question remains. WIll i keep my training I bought for cheap and only have the mount to pay for.

You will most likely have to buy 100% riding.

The deciding factor seems to be whether you have an Epic mount or not.

The training goes away. You get new training based on the mount you have.

If you have an epic mount now, you won’t need to do anything new after the pre-patch or xpac.

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_1.12.1

Here ya go my man!

i wonder if the prices would change if you were exalted with your faction city? or is 540g and 90g the exalted price

Yes, the extended faction discounts apply. I checked on my character that was revered and was seeing a 15% discount (510g/85g). So, with exalted’s 20% discount, training will be 480g and the mount will be 80g.

3 Likes