Epic BG post thats not about premades!

With the title clear, was just in an Ashran and I spot on my team a level 70 melee with 220k hp… like this literally baffled me…

Now I am not saying we need an ilvl req for bgs by any means since some people gear that way. But yikes, having only 110k hp at level 70 with gear equipped, not any good gear and then just running into a bg feels something awful :joy: I can’t tell if I am upset or just plain dumb struck at it.

The character was not boosted to 70 since they didn’t have 424s at the minimum or w/e it is now. But please, if you are going to come in, at least be somewhat useful LOL…

1 Like

pick one bud lol and it’s probably a new player trying stuff out. Instead of attacking them why not help them? We want new players in pvp do we not?

1 Like

The 220k is with the 100% hp buff, so his normal was 110k. Not much you can do at that point against people with 1-3mil hp :joy:

Also, he didn’t die, but he didn’t help. And I yoinked him out of a few bad spots. But like I said it made me dumb struck that he was in there instead of getting free items from the world (or AH pvp greens) lol.

It wasn’t a bad game by any means. I just have not seen that in like…forever…

Again, he’s prob new also a new player even if the know about AH pvp gear they aren’t going to pay the overinflated prices for that garbage. Again, why not help him? Give him some information instead of flaming him on the forums.

If he was in a premade community they would have helped him

Was he naked?

No, he had gear with ilvls from 150 to 300 lol

this is completely blizzards fault, not the player.

they are soooo soo bad they just have not a clue.

every day in my bg bliotz i get at least 1 teammate with pve gear no trinket bonus. these guys get mollywhopped and dont even really contribute.

if only… there was a game dev that could do something about this… too bad

1 Like

Sounds like probably a really new player. Greens are pretty expensive at the start of a patch for someone who hasn’t been playing this game for a while, and tbh they probably have no clue how gearing even works or come from a game with little to no gear gap in pvp. Can’t really expect every new player to do a bunch of research before trying a feature out. Their brain hasn’t been rotted by a decade of MMO culture.

Dude probably has absolutely no idea that people run premades and would probably throw up a little in his mouth if he learned that.

Newbies are gonna show up in BGs from time to time. Unrated BGs, especially epics, are really the best place for them to learn. I know a lot of us like to play them and get really invested in winning, but it’s pretty silly to act like it’s even worthy of a forum post when some guy shows up in your BG in pre-DF dungeon leveling gear. Maybe find some time to DM them and ask if they have any questions about how things work.

1 Like

I’ve done that before as a gold boosted character. Honor is quick anyways, my team only has to carry me for a couple BG’s :stuck_out_tongue:

In just 2-3 epics plus a few bg quests, he’d be able to buy all the honor gear he needs. Be upset if he came in naked and ran purposely to enemy lines just to die over and over.

new players wouldn’t have the honor level to be in the main bracket, its probably someone’s alt and they are just being lazy about gearing. i would to, if you were starting from 0 and needed a full set, i wouldn’t even bother with the crafted gear in the AH, the pvp ilvl is too low and you will replace it too fast to bother wasting gold on that junk. easier and cheaper and smarter to just take your licks while being undergeared.

1 Like

Why do you keep trying to push this lie…

The first 30 Honor Levels get their own games. Or so I’ve seen posted here and elsewhere. A search shows this as a thing for years now…maybe it is wrong, but it is consistent (the main posts I see are long queues <30, then Honor level 30 and the usual short Q we see in Retail). I’ll keep an eye on honor levels moving forward, if I see any under 30, I’ll remember if this comes up again. I don’t often look, but today and for the next bit I’ll check to see if I see any.

Also gear ilvl, even in randoms, are boosted to a certain ilvl, last season it was 350 for randoms, I don’t know what it is this season, but it is probably around 470s or so. To have such low health, the player would have to not have some gear equipped at all. So maybe they ran a character up, never collected any gear, and have empty slots or white or grey gear. Maybe they are really young and just play to play. /whoKnows?

It is wrong there is no such thing

only in blitz

The ilvl increase last season was a thing for normal/epic bgs (I’ve never done a Blitz). I leveled a number of toons (who ended up deleted) and when they got to 70 and entered bgs, all the gear that was not ilvl 350 was increased to ilvl 350. The same will happen this season I suspect, but I’m not leveling any toons (yet, if at all).

I will keep an eye on the Honor level thing. If I see an Honor level below 30, I’ll note it here. You could be right about this. I don’t have any way to test that myself. And searches seemed to confirm it…if I see any below 30, then that is incorrect. We’ll see…

But you can test the ilvl boost on a new toons yourself for random/epic bgs. It happened on all my new toons last season Ohh it also happened on older toons that had older pvp gear too, it was boosted to 350 now that I think about it. And. I bet it is happeneing this season as well…maybe I’ll restore an older toon in a week or two and check myself to see about this season.

people below H30 can get into the main pool by queueing with someone above H30. this doesn’t apply to blitz which is MMR balanced instead.

Nah he’s right. I had a second account and learnt first hand you get put in 1-30 honor level brackets.

There were a couple of 1000+ Honor Level premades that managed to glitch into the lower honor level BGs though which I reported since I saw them a few games. Even though they were on our team, it just seemed sad to be consistently dominating learning players as veteran players in a premade.

Those 1-30 honor levels I was happily signing up for Epics because there was no premades in them. As soon as that account got to 30+ honor level straight into the EPIC Sync losers and I stopped queuing them.

That’s because epic bgs are easiest way to get gear whether it’s your basic honor pvp set or to get started in pve. You just follow a zerg around and can get a full set in a few hours if your team wins often.

Once I get that honor set, I never step foot in an epic BG again other than to finish the weekly quest. It’s the worst form of pvp content I ever played in an MMORPG.