Envoker Hot Take is Missing Something "Tanking"

No it doesn’t because we know through talents and choices that Dracthyr have earth warder abilities such as toughening their scales and such. Just because a dracthyr can pop a wall and take a hit doesn’t somehow make it a tank. And we know lore does not equal game mechanics. It never has. This is reaching.

2 Likes

Bruh, what are you talking about my dude? I just referenced lore and you’re talking about the mechanics of a DPS caster. Your argument is basically Prot Paladin can’t exist because Ret Paladin doesn’t have Shield of the Righteous, lol.

There’s lore, there’s class-fiction, there’s mechanical/flavor hooks, generally everything is in place for Dracthyr tanks to exist… Blizzard just ran out of time to finish the class and given tank is the least popular role it makes sense to be the one to go. That’s pretty much it.

2 Likes

Except they aren’t dragons. They are dragonoids. A toddler is a human being, but is a toddler going to get into a MMA ring and go toe to toe against any fighter?

1 Like

YEP! There in Blackwings Lair they as Also in Upperblack orginally too thank you sir preaching the lore too these hevans

They openly stated they want casters to have something and that dracthyr are casters through and through. Even if they get a third spec, it will not be a tank.

This makes no sense and has no bearing on the discussion. My argument is dracthyr are designed as casters and the lore you reference is loosely referring to black dragonflight abilities being used in a defensive manner. Not acting as a tank. Paladins have nothing to do with this conversation because they were designed from the get-go to be able to tank. Dracthyr are not.

I absolutely would, so please give Evoker a tank spec.

Tank has the least number of classes compared to the other roles, so not enough in terms of evening out the numbers.
People will play it to try it out, and if they like it they’ll continue to play it.

Tinfoil is a bit tight there.

They have been crystal clear that they want Evokers to stay a ranged spellcaster class and have no intention of adding a tank spec, nor did they ever.

3 Likes

Sentenza is right and your wrong they should be tanks

No he’s not, no I’m not, and no they shouldn’t be. There’s plenty of tanks. They’ve had something added every time. They don’t need something new every time something new comes out. Casters have yet to get something new and it’s about time they had a little love thrown their way.

1 Like

I feel like, at least in open-world content, there are so many people who already play tank-enabled classes who choose to dps – even in heroic dungeons and low-level m+ – that the solution is pretty obvious: make tanking more fun. People don’t enjoy it, and so they don’t do it. Adding another tanking class probably won’t do much to fix that.

The fact is that tanking is a technically and psychologically draining activity that, for most players, just isn’t very enjoyable. Fix that, and you fix the issue.

I’m gonna que my envoker and see if it has shorter cues than my rouge. At least we can drop all the convent powers going into dragonfite!

1 Like

Dude, this isn’t an argument.

There are Dracthyr. In the game. Who fight with martial weapons. On the front-line. As tanks. They are tank Dracthyr who use their abilities to augment their front-line capabilities.

They are tank Dracthyr, Dracthyr tanks. And they’re not just random NPCs, they’re part of the lore of the Dracthyr, they’re Obsidian Warders, like how Humans who fight on the front-line in plate armor as Paladins were typically part of the Silver Hand. This is in the lore of the Dracthyr.

I want to play as one of those guys.

1 Like

Sounds like they’ll make great Warriors whenever they open Drac’thyr up to more classes.

That still does nothing to justify tank specs for Evokers.

2 Likes

why would you want another tank when you only need 2 tanks in a raid ain’t there enough i would have to say yes. you only need one tank in a dungeon adding another tank is pointless.

Not useless since many groups that are listed in the group finder look for tanks, or simply making your own group guarantees a tank slot

I’m still hopeful that Dracthyr will be allowed other classes during the patch cycle of DF

1 Like

They have not sadly, I would love to have seen a precise on the nose statement as to such but not yet it seems.

They have indicated that they are open to considering the idea. And that Maybe some day Down the road a Dracthyr might pick up an axe.

and what would all these other tanks do there is plenty out there the only problem in 2022 to many people try to pug and the only thing i’m ever waiting on is a healer on any of my toons not a tank.

VALID POINTS… Look all the nay sayer Priest Warlocks and Mages try stop legitment point that dragonkin or dragon would be a tank i saw dragon tank 39 scubs and myself some 17 years ago 2 times there names where Onyxia and Nefarian

And I suppose this is part of the problem with Dracthyr / Evokers. They’ve blurred the lines a bit on what is a class feature and what is a race feature.

Evokers are always Dracthyr and probably always will be, but then you’ve got Dracthyr who aren’t spell-casters, but who canonically presumably still have their native breath weapon as well as the draconic heritage but those abilities are actually tied up with Evoker mechanics. People may not be happy when they get Dracthyr Warriors and can’t use their Obsidian Scales to increase their defense or use their breath weapon in conjunction with their weapons.