Envoker Hot Take is Missing Something "Tanking"

This class and race really needs a tank spec its confusing to me why Envokers don’t full become dragons like Aspects do… If it was a tank I would give swipe and thrash like a druid I dont see issues with something new having those moves.
wing buffet as damage stun or knock back stun or damage knockback … or a slow to mobs the tail swipe could be like black out kick or leg sweep like a monk if dragon was down on all 4 and something like bear tank it would be more fun
but stead its a caster on 2 legs with melee attacks and it don’t really feel flush out
soar is nice if your high up
But class and race lack a flying form that mountable and some form of melee in and be real dragon and not half human forms this why bring up them tanking
in no way or form is this a finish class or race it seems rushed this is 1st impressions of class and have bigger expectations when saying Dragon to me.

16 Likes

My guess is they don’t want to see an expansion happen where the vast majority of people are the same race/class.

1 Like

Evoker seems extremely fleshed out from what I’ve seen.

Dragons breathe fire and fly around the battlefield breathing fire… from a distance.

Like a caster.

9 Likes

Why do they need to tank? Every class that’s been added so far - DK, Monk, DH - all have tanking specs. We’ve added plenty of tanks. All 3 also have melee dps, and one has a healing spec. It’s time for a caster to be added.

17 Likes

There’s no spec based on the Black Dragonflight.

2 Likes

No it doesn’t… DH’s got a tanking and dps spec… Evolkers are getting a dps and healing spec.

11 Likes

Just make it a caster tank like that one time Dark Apotheosis let Warlocks sort of tank.

3 Likes

Our best tanking came from even earlier!

2 Likes

Because they’re not dragons?

They’re small and mobile infantry spellcasters, and as someone who has actually tried them on beta, pretty fun to play. Blizzard has been pretty crystal clear in saying that they don’t think that a tank spec would be a good fit for the class.

People really need to get over this tank thing.

16 Likes

It really doesn’t.

10 Likes

Yes!!!

8 Likes

i always say this but i wanted a big gigachad dragon with huge armor. that’s how i envisioned them.

4 Likes

Well, sorry Charlie. Blizzard went a different direction.

3 Likes

Between a warrior, a death knight, a bear, a demon hunter, a drunk monk, and a dragon who do you think would best take a hit?

it’s okay! I don’t mind how they look just wasn’t expecting it

1 Like

Probably a dragon!

Sadly, dragons aren’t playable. Drac’thyr, however, are spellcasters who can’t and won’t tank.

8 Likes

How does the “hold the button longer to power up” dynamic feel? I’m kind of looking forward to that. If I start using it with mouse-over macros, it might turn into an action rpg class in wow. Pretty neat.

I think what they want is for the dragon person to be in the thick of the action or at least close enough to easily fly to or away should the need arise. Why there isn’t a Dragon tank spec is beyond me. I want a tank mage. Yurp.

Quit giving people hope lol

The Class is based on the Black Dragonflight. Devastation specializes in Red or Blue magic. Preservation focuses on Bronze and Green. The Class tree has a lot of the Black Dragon spells.

3 Likes