Entropic Embrace Toggle

As if that wasn’t a positive for the skill /jk

They are my favourite race and it’s disheartening the loudest of their players are this friggin sad and miserable. They’re eldritched awesome.

The same can’t be said for pasty blond blue eyes wonderbread basic elf.

… like 2 years ago?

Please point out the other Allied Races that got new stories in Shadowlands.

By this logic they’re retconning every playable race out of existence. What race got new NPCs in Shadowlands?

More tentacles! My favourite hairstyles can’t have them right now :pleading_face:

Gonna need some receipts for this.

I don’t think you know what that string of words mean.

Something good came of this thread, I now know about THAT thread, yay! Thank you!

I know right, it’s the worthless buzz phrase of the week. Case in point happy wiggle

11 Likes

agreed

also 3rd most played alliance race. seems like this is either a troll topic or no one really cares. play a blood elf if you dont want to be a void elf. its so simple

6 Likes

Well it did get started on a saturday when the mods are off so…

Ayup

1 Like

Sounds like whiney entitlement to me.

8 Likes

God i love seeing one of these threads be immediately crapped on by an exasperated community.

3 Likes

I can get behind people wanting High Elves and even can support similar customization. But when they go “Void Elves were a mistake, who cares?” all sympathy is lost right there. You’re coming to take a c on Void Elf and Blood Elf players by forcing your own views and diminishing others? Not the way to go.

There are Void Elf players, and just because the Helf community is vocal, it doesn’t make them a majority. Most (not saying Op, but most) think their wants and demands is overly important or an urgent matter when it’s not, most people here don’t give a damn about High Elves.

12 Likes

That’s just part of playing a void elf. It’s like it’s so ingrained in your character that in the heat of combat they start to lose control and the void starts to overwhelm them. It’s awesome. Thematically it’s one of the coolest racials in the game.

Bite your tongue!

6 Likes

Yet another high elf thread trying to take the void out of void elves.

16 Likes

You’re not entitled to a toggle, it’s literally your racial you knew that when you made a Void Elf.

14 Likes

Where was this said poll? I never saw it, most of the ppl I play with never saw it. It’s not an official poll that means anything unless it was sent to every single paying player.

6 Likes

Objectively false.

14 Likes

If feedback were “greedy”, developers wouldn’t ask for it, and at that rate we might as well not have any forums whatsoever. This is merely a dishonest tactic to shut down discussion.

1 Like

More cringe :grimacing:

Those are technically two different statements. Just say that you want to have player choice for your own gain, and not really for other people who suggest whatever they want.

Toggle should go both ways whether to go completely dark, or just completely off.

Not even sure how a graphic animation display is going to affect DPS. At the end of the day, it’s like FF14. Lower down or turn off one of the skill effects, and still apply it in gameplay for damage purpose.

Yeah, you can.

Here’s an example macro.

#showtooltip Arcane Shot
/cancelaura Entropic Embrace
/cast Arcane Shot

Works well. Though you lose the dps.

I’ve tried this but the effect still pops up briefly even when it’s cancelled the instant it appears. Was hoping to find an addon to make it quicker so it basically never happens.

It was frustrating enough that I just went back to my Pandaren.

Void Elves only exist as a phoned-in concept which they haven’t developed further because they did not want to give the Alliance their High Elves. There is no deny that they admitted their mistake by giving them now High Elf-options, otherwise they could have simply ignored the whole ordeal.

Void Elf-players have always been a minority if you check several communities and the situation has become more dramatic with the High Elf-options. Do you really think they gave the community these additional hair colors (black, white) just because of a few official US message board users? No. They look globally at this when they try to gauge the situation.

This is not an argument. Destro Warlocks use red-colorized spells but you can actually get green Felfire-spells for all their skills. Nothing is “ingrained” in the character and I could find several comparisons in terms of forms (raptor/wolf), changed colors (warrior) or jade colorization (monk).

If there is enough interest, then they will give the High Elf-players their requested features. And given how popular this topic is worldwide, they will likely get either a complete race or the requested changes over time.

2 Likes

that makes me sad if people actually do that. i just cant imagine CHOOSING a void elf when you obviously want to be a blood elf. just sounds miserable

4 Likes