'Entropic Embrace' change?

Excerpt:

Still scanning the ceiling, the whip vipers keeping watch as well, she backed to one of the wall sconces and read the trigger phrase from another scroll, whereupon the candle flame leaped up and turned a roiling black. She put her arm into the darkfire, and her flowing gossamer sleeve caught instantly.

Though they were at the end of what was, thus far, the non-burning arm, the serpents hissed and coiled in alarm. Quenthel brought them to heel with a brutal thrust of her will. Feeling naught but a pleasant warmth, she silently commanded the darkfire. A portion of the magical stuff flowed down her arm and congealed into a soft, semisolid ball in her palm. She threw it, and her magic shot it up like a sling bullet to strike the ceiling fresco where it splashed into a great gout of murky flame.

Quenthel followed that first missile with a steady barrage. Where the darkfire had kissed it, the fresco began to burn with ordinary yellow flame, suffusing the air with eye-stinging smoke and a vile stink that was also a sickening, throat-clenching taste at the back of her mouth.

She was throwing blindly, but with the blaze above spreading, it shouldn’t matter. Surely the spider wouldn’t simply sit still and allow itself to burn. The fire ought to spur it into motion and thus into visibility.

Unless, of course, the spider wasn’t really on the ceiling, which was a real possibility. Maybe it was actually hiding elsewhere. It might even be creeping up on her while she stared at the burning painting and the nervous vipers worried more about their proximity to a darkfire than about keeping watch.

No, her intuition had pointed her in the right direction. She spotted the spider as it gathered itself to spring down at her, and having flushed it out, she need only survive its renewed attack.

She dived from beneath its plummeting form and rolled, leaving a trail of black, burning scraps of cloth behind on the floor. The creature with its tattered, oozing eyes landed with a thump, its eight legs flexing to absorb the impact.

Quenthel scrambled up and backed away from it. Her whole gown was aflame, nearly her entire body shrouded in darkfire. She threw another ball of the stuff, which spattered on the demon’s back and streamed down its flanks. To her delight, her magic affected it again. The spider too wore a mantle of shadowy flame, the heat rippling the air above it.

That meant it ought to drop, didn’t it, or at least flounder about in helpless agony? The fire was surely damaging it, for Quenthel could smell its flesh charring even through the omnipresent reek of burning paint, but the demon turned and scuttled after her.

She aimed the next burning missile at the cluster of eyes that seemed in some indefinable way to constitute the very core of the thing. The spider did lurch and falter when the burning darkness splashed over the orbs, but only for a second, and it kept coming.

Unable to outrun it, hoping she’d at least softened it up a little, Quenthel shouted her goddess’s name and lunged to meet it. Sheathed in darkfire, her whole body was a weapon and would burn the spider wherever it touched. Where the black flame on the monster’s limbs was giving way to yellow, it could burn her, too, but not if she didn’t let it. Their natural savagery overcoming their fear of fire, the whip vipers lashed and struck in a frenzy of bloodlust.

At first, swinging the whip, ducking and dodging, she kept herself clear of the spider’s mandibles. She shifted left when she should have jumped right, and the razor-sharp pincers snapped shut around her.

They stopped short of piercing her flesh. Loath to clasp her blazing body and be seared thereby, the spider faltered for just an instant. Before it could muster the will to proceed, Quenthel struck a final blow.

The ophidian lashes crashed through the demon’s charred and tattered visage and bit into what lay beneath. The spider jerked, froze, twitched two of its legs in a purposeless way, and the burning hulk of it slowly sank to the floor, just as Quenthel’s spell elapsed and all the darkfire still crackling in the chamber winked out of existence.

She shouted in exultation. Equally ecstatic, only a little singed, the vipers danced at the end of the scourge. Everyone’s good mood lasted just as long as it took for the Baenre priestess, clad primarily in smoke and ash, to turn toward the door.

Though she’d been far too busy to notice hitherto, at some point a number of teachers and students had evidently crowded into the space to watch the battle. They were watching Quenthel still, eyes wide, faces uncertain.
“It was a desecration,” said Quenthel. “A mockery.”
She stared at them with haughty expectation.
They peered back at her for a moment, then folded their hands and bowed their heads in obeisance.

————————————————————————————————————

So I’ve been thinking, why people find Void Elf racials lackluster. I think the ‘Entropic Embrace’ is just a flat out damage increase, with special visual effect. The problem is, Elf players don’t tend to prioritize DPS, otherwise they’d already be playing Bloodlust races. And Visual Effect is a personal taste thing, so now we have a not-universally well-received Visual, and no absolute good reason to keep it.

You can’t even use the Worgen retort: I don’t understand why people choose to play Worgen, but don’t want to stay a beastman. In Void Elf’s case, it’d be: I don’t understand why people choose to play Void Elf, but don’t want to TURN BLUE—— it doesn’t even make sense. It souds absurd.

Therefore, I propose making the gear disappear(turn invisible) when 'Entropic Embrace‘ procs due to Void energy radiation, giving them an actual meaningful visual theme. And at the same time explaining (without explaining) the increasement in damage output (excitement of being nearly naked).

I’m of the mind that the Void Elf should have its own identity. I can’t stand the obnoxious Blood Elf players going ‘Know your place as an allied race’. Be that as it may, Void Elf will still be the ONLY other race using Thallasian Elf model. It would truely be a shame if Void Elf always existed under Blood Elf’s shadow. It has to be its own thing, and succeed right?

So what could that identity be, what theme Void Elf could adopt but Blood Elf couldn’t (one of them has to do it, otherwise it would be a waste). Some would say body modification (and it’s good), but here’s the thing: common sense dictates that before someone resort to body modifications, it’s far more easier for them to first try revealing clothes—— you can always change back if your whim occurs, but no so easy in the case of body modifications.

Having body modifications while being content with fairly conservative dressing code, sounds bizarre to say the least. Besides the game is not just the forum, with only mugshots being important. If you’re going to use body modifications, I say also show them on your body.

So here we come to the flaw of the concept: the game does not support revealing clothes. The concept is only so good, as the choices in supporting clothes are abundant. As a one-time deal (as in allied races and their heritage armor), sure why not; As a long-time staying power? Nah, not enough.

Therefore, gear disappearing.

For High Elf, I envision them as dairymaids, with flaxen braids. For Void Elf, I want them to have this ‘IN YOUR FACE’ type of sense of fashion. The more outrageous their behaviour, the more tolerant the Alliance society will be shown.

If they have animal eyes(slit pupils), don’t forget the second eyelids, the horizontal ones; If they have third eye on the forehead, they can have blindfold on their normal eyes, just like the forsaken; If they also have additional mouth between breasts, they can wear mouth gag too, like the vampire girl in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba.

They can also have zippers, powered bolts, gill slits
? I don’t know. Tatoo under belly button, head of Diablo, at least one version of it: a bull’s head with reversed horns (pointing downwards), twisted into knots at the end. The theory is, when the gear disappear, and the tatoo glows bright, the enemy will stop in track and begin to wonder: Is that what I think it is?

One thing I think important, is if they do get to have their gear disappear, they can have Kuuko(Cthugha, from Nyaruko Crawling with Love)'s bodypaint? They don’t need to wear underwears anymore, if sensitive parts are all covered up with corruptions? exoskeletons? fine scales/furs?

If they want, they can even add see-through tentacles (as seen in Elfen Lied), the theory goes: when Void Elves meditate, they’re practicing unconsciously influence ‘things’. So in the events that they become unconscious, their body will be taken over by this ‘unconsciousness’ they’ve been cultivating all these time, ‘out there’ (the world of reason, the sea of unconsciousness
etc).

This unconsciousness expresses itself as extradimensional crystal-clear tentacles, holding the inanimate body as its core in bondage (the precise type of bondage is left to your preference), the whole thing acts as a Beholder/Eye Tyrant cosplay.

Well too much effort, probably.

1 Like

Where’s the tldr;

7 Likes

This is cringey, flagged

Can’t wait for chapter 8.

Wow. Like, holy wow
 what an amazing, epic literary journey!

I’ll be honest, after reading the title and then getting a couple of lines in I almost departed, only to slowly be drawn in as the story progressed, realizing that the story itself was purposely molded to paint the complete picture of “why” the forthcoming idea was important.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

The idea itself was unfolded beautifully, truly imparting your passion for the topic!

I completely disagree though and must admit that I rather like smurfing-out when breaking out the fireworks as a Mage, but I also greatly appreciate my Mage-style gear and clothing (bulky, flowing robes).

The whole disrobe thing would have me race-change in a hot minute, lol

At least, if made base-line. If done as a Glyph so that it’s 100% optional, then sure! That’d be pretty entertaining! :grin:

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s another one of those “Change the VE racial so I can be a HE” threads.

The thing is they should have made the racial like the worgen form full on the entire combat time or a toggle not a proc which lasts 12 sec

Look, i like a good read every now and then, as well a preamble to better describe the feelings toward a thing, painting it if you wish, but this is like half of your thread here.

My advice to you is do what i did in this quote here. Put <details> <summary> before the part where it says “excerpt:”, put </summary> atfer that, then at the very end, plop a </details>. This is really helpful in the event if the Preamble is pretty long and some people might just want to hop to the point of this thread. Even i do it some times.

Just a little friendly tip for you. :+1:

I don’t know, the uninteruppted cast time isn’t lackluster. It’s nothing spectacular, but it just works. :thinking:

Honestly, it should just all be left up to choice whether or not the person wants to stay a void elf or gilnean or not, just like the shadowform for priests. Remember it being perma shadow in WoD? :confused:

A damage buff that makes your gear go away so you can be naked for couple of seconds? How would that make it meaningful?

I’m pretty sure their just being silly for the sake of it. I wouldn’t take it seriously.

What? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Well, that’s what they did for Zandalari and Kul’tirans.

Tyrant set and so on.

Uhhhhhhhhhh

Look, i’m with you on this, to make void elves look like grotesque monsters, but i highly doubt this idea with the mouth between the breasts in particular will make it past the drawing room.

Or this one too.

You’re getting a little too creative here Lucy if you catch my drift.

“Aww crap, the void elf procced, GG everyone. I’mma gonna AFK.”

Okay, who necro’ed this? This thread is weird. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I thought this was gonna be talking about the passive and how it needs to change, i seriously had no idea this was gonna dive into weird territory.

Shillea the Gorilla, why you necro this? You have unleashed a bucket of weridness onto the world with this thread, and now were all seeing this in it’s glory. :joy:
What have you done? :rofl:

1 Like

Back, Necromancer! Back to the pits of Icecrown with you!

3 Likes

And yet people keep asking Blizz to add a necromancer class. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I was just saying lol

Its fine as it is and I would have to delete my void elf from existance if you got your weird bondage fantasy added

Honestly I was confused and then kept going and I’m kinda here for it. A heart from me. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ve been leveling a Void Elf Affliction Warlock and I like the visual effect.

It makes me feel extra voidy.

I thought that would be it’s weakness.

But it’s proc is fairly often and it lasts quite a while as well.

Besides, Void elves are already have the most busted racial traits that you should just pick them for everything like human does.

Yeah I mean the racial would have been different. Like maybe a 1% more damage instead of 5 or something like that. I play void elf characters and I’m always disappointed how I can not control the void in them.

So was reading that wall of text.

I made this post Void Elves and their void forms i explained there better how they can change the form or let players toggle it

1 Like