Entering Stormsong, I fall from the sky

I play two characters actively. Both are stuck in Stormsong. Both fell from Flightpaths as they entered Stormsong, a zone in Kul’tiras. Transfer Aborted: Instance not Found. I cannot move. When I re-logged I could not, and still can’t get past the loading screen, It states that the World Server is down. I opened a ticket. Yesterday. Any advice?

Post in Technical Support.

If you’re still having this problem Koltharius, there’s an option to move the characters using a self-serve process. Just choose the “Unable to Move” option in the link below and you can move one character every 8 hours to a safe spot:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/586

If it keeps happening to you, you might want to consider doing a Full UI Reset.

5 Likes

Yes. I did that, the reset. Removed all add-ons, renamed files. A GM? moved my characters for me, as I had already used the self-moving option. And then I took a Flightpath from Boralis into Stormsong and was dropped again out of the sky, with the notification again, ‘Transfer aborted: instance not found.’ It looks like I can go anywhere I want, as long as its not Stormsong. Maybe. I used the self-moving option again 10 minutes ago, as it been more than 24 hours since this first occurred, and so my toons, the two I regularly play, the only 120’s I have, are not currently stuck. I am afraid to even approach Stormsong. I don’t want to play like this. I am HOPING a GM? reads this and can help me. The questionnaire I filled out I marked not resolved and dissatisfied, and its not and I am. I WILL post it in technical, ty.

Given that in general Stormsong can be accessed, that doesn’t indicate that it’s an actual problem with the game or the GM who moved you back. Usually if you get that then it’s from a connection problem, either from unstable internet or something weird preventing zone transitioning.

Either way, you’d probably want to post in the Tech Support forums for help there.

1 Like

Did just that. My dissatisfaction is not from any problem with a GM, which I’m assuming is the person that tried to help me. Lots of people assume I know what GM refers to, but I don’t. In general, I don’t fly into Stormsong. I usually ride in, and pick up the World quests crossing the glacier in back of Boralis. I don’t know. The only odd thing I know of is one of my toons still has that whispering eyeball on his helm, it comes from Stormsong. Whispers of N’gosh? something like that.

Okay! Well, your ticket is your interaction with a Game Master, or GM - that’s who helped move your character to a safe spot where you wouldn’t disconnect. Your questionnaire rates your experience with the assistance provided by that GM as part of customer support. Game Masters don’t fix bugs in the game, but try to help out players.

Glad to hear you’ve posted in technical support… I’ve gotten that error before when moving to zones, usually when trying to teleport in. It basically means that something stopped the connection between you and the zone you’re trying to get into. Hopefully you’ll get the help you need in that forum.

Apart from that, the N’zoth eyeball is fortunately not an odd thing - one of my characters has that too! It’s something you can choose to keep on a character, or remove by talking with a character and doing a short quest.

1 Like

Thank you. Game Master, ok. They did fix the immediate problem, sometime between last night and today, I could/can access my toons. Now I got to see about getting them in and out of Stormsong.