Enough time to censor Trading post items but can't fix HOR

Yes indeed :sweat_smile:
My bad

Censoring the blademaster stones is so lame and purposeless. Now it’s just broken for everyone who was using it for transmogs with shirts, and looks objectively worse than it did before. I really wish they’d stop changing things after people purchase them.

2 Likes

But it isn’t sexist because the chest was already covered by something, they just altered the design and it barely covers more than it already did. Calling the change sexist is ridiculous because it’s going from one bra to a different bra and it ignores the plethora of other booba exposing outfits, including the ability to hide chest equipment all together, that remain unchanged. Oh no, the percentage of exposed skin on one item changed slightly, clearly this is sexist!

Going from a bra to, say, a full torso vest would give you a better argument, but we went from a bra to a wrap that in real life is used as a bra so, trying to call it “sexist” is out of pocket, because by that logic it was already sexist for having the default bra at all.

And complaining that covering the females (which were already covered, mind) while leaving the male chest exposed is calling it censorship, and the only reason Blizzard would censor it is their wishy-washy cleansing of erotic imagery.

But fine. That’s fair. I won’t put words in your mouth. If that’s not what you said or meant, maybe you should explain yourself instead of making the nebulous claim that the change is sexist.

1 Like

It was absolutely done for censorship, and if you don’t understand the difference between a bra cup that is the shape of a triangle, and a full rectangular wrap across the entire chest, you should get on your monk and spam Meditate to yourself for a few hours. If you don’t understand how censoring breasts but not censoring pectoral muscles is sexist, that is another issue entirely and I don’t know where to start for you to get some awareness of reality.

6 Likes

Covering up cleavage where cleavage was is more puritanical than it is not.

4 Likes

No one’s chest was exposed, the bra cannot be removed.

My monk had a mog appearance with the beads using Selis’s Silk Shirt. That mog is now ruined.

2 Likes

Oh i don’t care they pixels and not reality. That other guy is the one whining about it.

Free the ta-tas, Blizzard!

1 Like

Wrong!
I was able to wear a shirt which means the chest was NOT covered. Now I can’t wear a shirt because the chest IS covered. You would understand this if you were to forget about the bra just for one second.

It’s sexist because the cover piece is ONLY for females, not for males. AND I’M NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT BLOODY BRA HERE! It’s the inequality that makes the decision sexist. Do you even understand sexism?

5 Likes

So does the wrap also happen on males or just the females?

Edit: ah yeah if females only then it’s sexist because they are specifically changing it just to target and cover up females.

I thought we were supposed to empower women not further censor them?

Though this coming from world of fruit bowl…tbh growing up in the 90s and seeing people saying one thing but watching us go into the other direction is so bizarre.
Ask for empowerment, claims to be for empowering and yet acting like soccer moms from the 90s hyper conservative.
It’s a strange two faced kind of thing happening what they say and what they do are at odds.

5 Likes

I mean, it wouldn’t be so bad if not for the fact that the bandage wrap texture they used was straight out of 2004. The difference in texture quality of the necklace and the wrap is pretty jarring.

4 Likes

Was a patch job. Could say an issue that needed a quick fix to be wrapped up. Lol

I despise censorship in all forms. I hope this is just a bug.

2 Likes

I wish it was a bug, but each of the different colored stones have different colored bandages to match them, so it was very purposeful.

And if people didn’t like that they could us a Tabard or a Shirt like literally a bandages shirt which I often use and now they can’t on fem models due to ugly bandages going over the top.

Yuh by a bra which was a non issue there was no nudity whatsoever.

Which was unnecessary and exclusively done to the fem model months after the first bead mog was released.

No it isn’t if a Bra is too sexual and needs to be covered up so too should be the massive pecs on all the masc models.

Exactly this.

This is especially bad to do since its a limited currency being spent. Tenders don’t grow on trees. You can’t farm them, you can’t even buy them with gold, or even real money. They are LIMITED. And when you snatch what someone bought, alter it, and give it back, thats CRAP. If you do that we should get a refund, no exceptions. I hate censorship, but when you essentially STEAL away what people paid their currency for, thats reprehensible.

1 Like

Still not as bad as the amount of known bugs that can kill your hardcore character on classic.

I’d argue those are far more egregious.

Thanks for trying :+1: :broken_heart:

Someone was given enough time to turn the Legerdemain Lounge in Dalaran into a coffee shop. If they wanted to do this, why not just put one in Valdrakken and leave old content alone? After all, Valdrakken already has the stupid spa.

1 Like

No it’s only there for female toons, could be worse they could have made it printed with a bowl of fruit I guess.

1 Like