Enhancement Stormbringer, THE STORM IS APPROACHING!

THE STORM IS APPROACHING!!!

This post is just to express as I birthday kid to the developers how grateful and happy it makes me that Stormbringer is on the table bringing the lighting elements of Enhancement shaman to a whole new level and provide massive damage bursts through filler spells and also at opener if pure burst is chosen the Hero talents seems to interact a lot with our Storm build and I can wait to test em’ out!

Also, I’m going just to point out the talents that caught my attention the most and how they would interact if they were released today.

Tempest
Every 40 maelstrom weapon stack spent replaces your next Lighting Bolt with tempest. Tempest Deal(180% Spell Power) Nature damage to your target, and (180% of Spell power *70/100) Nature damage to other enemy targets within 8 yds of your target.

This means that our priority as storm weilders is to hunt as many spenders of lighting bolts as we can! This is good news to rest a bit the carpel tunnel, hehe.

This has aswell a neat interaction with Static Accumulation which will be nice as well to do the swap of spamming the refunded MSW on LB - LB - LB TEMPEST, just back to back.

Unlimited Power
Spending maelstrom weapon stacks grants you 3% haste for 15 secs. Gaining a new stack doest not fresh the duration.

This one OMG, O - M - G. We are getting 30% haste 10x3 for 15 secs everytime we cast our spender with 10 MSW. If you can’t feel the unlimited power, HOW CAN YOU NOT FEEL IT??

I also suspect, that regardless of the amount of the 10 MSW it might BE 3% per spender, however it feels great and we need someone from alpha to confirm this one!!

Rolling thunder,
Tempest summons a NATURE Feral Spirit for until canceled. I believe this one will be locked for only 1 Feral Spirit because we will be casting a lot of Tempests as storm enhancements I’ll explain why later however, a permanemt 20% nature damage increase it’s amazing.

Storm Swell
When Tempest strikes only one target, gain 3 stacks of maelstrom weapon. Yes, you guess it, in single target it means that we will only need to cast 2 or 3 more Stormstrikes if available to cast that Lighting Bolt. So we will be swaping a lot form LB to SS and viceversa and remember to refresh that flame shock with that LL while we do that.

Arc Discharge
When Tempest Strikes more than one target, your next 3 chain lighting spells are instant and deal 75% increased damage.

In aoe, if we are bursting or we have dre proc, and proc a bunch of tempests it means that once we have nothing else to do we can spam these chain lighting, however we need more interaction on this to replace our already improve bursts, like if they will count as 10 MSW casts or will transform LB as a tempest after the three casts.

Lighting Rod,
We already know what lighting rod does, and you guess it, due our new nature of casting as much LB as we can while filling with our strong Stormstrike, during our bursts we will have 20% additional damage to our lighting bolt, or, during DRE windows we will have a massive 20% increase on top of the nature feral spirit, this will be DOPE once seen on game play. Thorims will be a beast with this node!!

Lastsly the spell of it all,

Awekening Storms
Stormstrike, Lighting Bolt, and Chain lighting have a chance to strike your target for (50% of Spell Power) Nature damage, Every 3 times this occurs, your next Lighting Bolt is replaced by tempest.

During our Thorims either by ascendance burst, or DRE procs, after we already casted a bunch of already tempests with the first talent node. We will also have a chance while we fill with SS or LB to trigger a tempest. This is huge!!! During Thorims a single GCD casts both WS and LB which means it will be double the chance per GCD to activate this one, now imagine casting WS trimmed with tempests for the duration of our ascendanse.

Now my only last wish is for DRE to be triggered by tempests or lighting bolt. Or For ascendance to have 1min cd to trigger this massive burst very often

THE STORM IS APPROACHING!!!

2 Likes

Just a quick note. This will be 3% haste per spender casted. Not 3% haste per maelstrom weapon spent. It just says spending, it doesn’t say per stack spent.

It is still a great passive, but yeah we’re not getting 90+% haste from this :joy:

1 Like

Not to mention we are still gonna be carpal tunnel, because we still want to spam stormstrike to get faster generation for spenders, and into DRE to get even more nature dmg.

Yeah, that’s what I suspect, however it doesn’t stack so it means that after the first spender with 10 MSW it will be 30% until refreshed when it expires. Makes more sense, to have 3% per spender, so it means that after we do LB back to back with static accumulation, we will have at least 10% haste and like 12 seconds remaining to keep going, It will be very strong anyways.

Right now it takes 4 SS or 5 to reach 10 MSW as Storm. LB will be the main hunt, with static accumulation you cast LB back to back onto tempest as soon as there is a refund, which seems fun and gives a rest to the stormstrike finger.

but you want DRE so the LBs and Tempest are doing more dmg — ideally you are getting the most tempests during DRE — its still a spamfest

I think the difference is, well to me while Enhance is still going to be a high apm playstyle, essentially both builds are, the difference is Storm’s Build will have its piano style more condensed on a fewer skills while Elementalist essentially is really same piano style but spread over more skills. Both are Spamfests :joy:.

Personally Storms Build is easier for me to manage, and from looking at the Stormbringer tree it definitely fits for me, I’ll be honest it really looks good.

The Emphasis on Stormstrike, Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning is great and I’d mention the amount of Crash Lightning with Chain Lightning resets feels good.

Not to mention the bonus haste and procs within the tree essentially remedy that “dead air” you’ll occasionally find, its looking great.

I been watching twitch religiously and it actually looks so smooth and some aren’t even talented into Lava Lash anymore.

The biggest question now is what changes are coming to the class/spec tree, I’m more curious on what adjustments are going to be made with Doomwinds, Sundering and Ascendance/DRE.

If they increase Doomwinds petty 8 sec window to something more realistic 12-15 seconds it’s going to be great, Sundering down to 30 seconds?, honestly the dream is if DRE has some sort of proc included spending MSW and Tempest considering that’s the new focus. Ascendance baseline should also be at minimum 2 min cd. How they’ve kept it at 3 min is mind boggling across all specs.

1 Like

I think most of the Hero Talents in this tree are great and will be a great adition to Enhancement.

On the other side, it could get even more bloated in the use of some abilities and their priorities. I mean, when you get 3 free and upgraded Chains… are you gonna use Hailstorm at all? maybe you would prefer to build MWS to drop huge Chains instead of fat Shocks.

Dont know, might need to wait for the testers to shed some light on it.

Or maybe the pick of Stormbringer also swap the way of doing AoE from Hailstorm/Fire Nova to the Storm build and just use Tempest and Chains, which is fine my be.

Maybe the Totemic tree will empower Hailstorm/Fire Nova builds to do AoE. Lets hope so.

1 Like

Storm doesn’t pick hailstorm on cleave build or aoe build not even single target. For cleave, we care about fire shock spread and for full aoe burst, fire nova it’s our beast. On single target we don’t make past 1 point on molten assault so lava lash refresh fire shock.

Fire Nova is one of the worst talents in a tree, it does nothing in ST and cleave. It is 6 target capped so Hailstorm is 100x better than Fire Nova in everything.

yawns

boring

Seeing Fenrist, Pepino, and so many others genuinely excited about this is so refreshing to see. I can feel y’all’s energy through the screen :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It definitely looks strong and it’s a pretty passive way to flip the gameplay loop for storm to back what it should be, prioritizing spenders.

Some is the nodes though, seem either kinda boring or clunky.

Haste buff is cool

Inc crit on nature (meh)

Snare on nature crits (idk seems a little redundant with frost shock, would’ve loved to see a wind related movement thing here)

Nature feral spirit is cool

The free chain lightings on tempest aoe seems really clunky. Maybe instead ur next three storm strikes have the ride the lighting effect? Again just feels kinda redundant when we already have insta casts with maelstrom.

The chance refunds is fine, a little boring but works well.

The passive dmg reduction is nice but would probably work better as a buff than a de buff. And enh stills needs a lot of help defensively.

Overall

7.5/10

3 Likes

I still dream with doomwinds replacing lavalash with a 12 second cd. But, we gotta wait as you say for the tunning on the base talents

1 Like

Not true for storm builds. You spend so fast that you’re constantly overriding Hailstorm stacks and you don’t have that many free globals to use them which reduces its value. Fire Nova is more damage in a single cast and is buffed by Legacy of the Frost Witch because its Flamestrike (Fire, Physical) damage where Frost Shock is Frost only. Fire Nova also has synergy with Swirling Maelstrom in that each Fire Nova gives 1 MSW which means that Storm can leverage that 6 MSW into its cycle far more easily than the 1 with Ice Strike / Hailstorm. Don’t forget its 6x6 (36) hits vs Hailstorms 5. Each Fire Nova can hit 6 targets and a Fire Nova triggers from every active flame shock which you can have 6 of. So in very short fights Fire Nova beats hailstorm, Hailstorm is better in Elementalist builds because they have the free globals to use it consistently, get buffed from Ice Strike as well as being buffed by any Frost Wolves (storm doesn’t take the Ele wolves)

1 Like

With Storm we only pick it for heavy aoe fights exclusively m+, however for ST fights we don’t pick it, neither hailstorm. But we do FrS with Ice-strike. Also, everything Lucilux said.

It’s good even very good, but falls short of spectacular.

If you go Fire Nova route, you won’t have any ST or low target number. Fire Nova is actively worse at ST and 2-5T when we are supposed to be good at them. Fire Nova is straight-up bad talent when Ice Strike + Hailstorm is 100x better than Fire Nova.

I might become a streamer so everytime I press Stormstrike the screen will shake…

As long as Fire Nova and Hailstorm share a node and we don’t suffer MSW issues anymore, FN never gets picked no matter what. Fire Nova needs to be completely reworked to be useful.

Ehh this is pretty bland and super uninspired in my eyes. Almost everything is okay or good, except shocking grasp(bad in certain situations). Overall it’s just a giant missed opportunity. I mean we could have got literal lightning storms that zap all(uncapped) enemies inside, you know bringing an actual storm. A ball lightning, basically frozen orb but it zaps enemies nearby. This does nothing to really add depth or alter the gameplay, it’s literally more of the same. I get why they went with all passives, bloat, but for a hero talent tree it looks anemic.

Shocking grasp is potentially super bad and it sucks that we can’t avoid taking it. In some situations it’s good, things need kited, but in others it’s going to cause some major issues. Like your mobs slowed in Sanguine? The only way to not do it is to stop DPS, which is super bad. Tank pulling big? Can’t dps on the move otherwise you’ll split up the pack OR worse, get someone killed because the tank didn’t get enough aggro to deal with the extended time mobs would take moving to their location. Frost shock you could at least control when to cast it.

One big issue with storm shamans is their lack of on-demand DPS and this does nothing to change that since you’ll need to hit 40 maelstom before getting that aoe. For single target stormbringer looks really bad as the best thing it has going for it is uncapped AOE damage and powering up chain lightning. Primordial wave was popular for allowing us to start a pack with 10 maelstrom to get the ball rolling. I think we can all agree that anytime we are doing normal rotation and not casting a spender we feel like we hit like a wet newspaper.

Realistically they could have just added tempest and had all other nodes read “Lighting bolt/Chain lightning do 5% more damage” and it would be just as “exciting”. Just my initial thoughts after seeing some other hero specs that look awesome and we get something that looks like it was dashed off in 20minutees.

Hopefully this gets some iteration along with some class/spec talent reworks. I would LOVE to not play elementalist spec, especially if it now means more totems.

2 Likes