Enhancement > Elemental ? Pls help

So I’ve just started playing Shaman when BoD Dropped because i just got bored with my paladin and I’ve really taken to Enhancement, I understand that Spec’s Don’t really matter unless you’re really doing Mythic raiding or something like +17 keys but why is it that Everyone Seems to play Ele Over Enh? To me i pump out some pretty good numbers as Enhancement.

1 Like

Because people are lemmings and follow the mythic crowd - which mind you represent less than 1% of the… What, 2 million players left in bfa? - despite never setting foot in a mythic raid. (Mythic+ dungeon doesn’t count)

Take my advice, WoW is not worth the headache over investing time and energy into mythic raiding right now UNLESS you want to.

Play what you like, ignore the mindless crowd who don’t even play shaman, pay attention to the legitimate imbalance concerns of the experienced shaman community.

27 Likes

I like this Reply, thank you <3

3 Likes

I play Elemental cause I like the spell effects that it has. I channel my inner Palpatine and unleash UNLIMITED POWER!!! And after 8.1 they fixed a lot of the issues I had at launch with it. I switched mains from Outlaw to Elemental and its been a lot of fun learning how the spec plays and Overcharged is a cool effect.

I have an Enhance Shaman but I feel very Paladiny with it for some reason so it just doesnt do it for me.

3 Likes

It’s also usually easier to find groups as ranged dps over melee dps for the simple reason that there are more melee dps specs than ranged in the game. I will often see groups requesting more ranged dps but rarely (although do from time to time) see groups asking for more melee dps specifically.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t compare ele to enhance. A lot of people play a class like a pure or DPS warrior/DK and switch specs when needed, but rotating between melee and ranged is less common in my experience. Most people assume an Ele will be Ele and if the spec dies they’re probably rerolling to a different ranged class if they aren’t going to gut it out.

Enhance is lower on the totem pole right now (puns). But if you can be competitive for the content you’re doing then it doesn’t really matter.

4 Likes

I’ve been ele since Cata. That being said, enhancement is not in a good spot right now. An enhancement shaman would need at least 10 more llvls of gear with correct stats to keep up with an ele shaman of the same skill level.

1 Like

enhancement isnt as wanted as elemental is for high m+ keys and raids.im just saying you mite get denied in m+ because you will be enhancement.

enhancement is great for everything else tho.if you want to do high m+ keys and raids go ele.

Play what you like … if you are not cutting edge content or high level PvP …any spec , any class is fine at all times .

In short words, ele is just better then enh atm.

1 Like

Why would you ever invest your time and energy into doing something you don’t want to do?

Look. Let’s be honest. People play for different reasons. All of which stems from wanting enjoyment. So…play what gives you enjoyment.

Some people play x and only x because they truly enjoy playing it and excelling at that option.

Some people are altaholics. They gear x up and see someone playing y and get excited about gearing that up. And it becomes an endless cycle.

And there is a large majority of people who just want to be OP. They just want to play whatever is on top. They jump from class and spec each time x is nerfed and y is buffed. There isnt nothing wrong with this. Most will fall short of the class or spec because they dont really learn the class and how to play it optimally.

So no matter what type of person you are, in the end you are paying to play this game so play what you enjoy.

Enhance is actually fine in everything except M+. And the reason why DH, warrior, rogue does it better.

Yes ele and resto are in better spots; but they have been good once you got gear. Ele and resto both got bad stigmas attached to them due to bad players not bad design.

3 Likes

well to answer your question its preatty easy if you put the same effort playing ele than enh you will do more damage, unless you really like how enh plays just roll ele you will do more damage with that spec.

also ele is range and since there are like 10000000000 more melees than range clases in the game having a range dps is a lot more welcome in any tipe of content

You have given voice to my eternal struggle about starting to play x, seeing a shiny y walk by, and rerolling to a y only to repeat the process.
Have you discovered a way out? Because I feel like I am stuck in a time loop.
Send help.

8 Likes

i already said it if you want pve elemental if you want pvp enhancement.

dont whine of you pick enhancement and get denied left and right in high m+ keys.

Akston, it’ll surprise you what some people feel forced to do in order to please others.

At some point people have to take personal responsibility over their own actions I guess.

For me, I prefer Ele over enhance just because it suits me better. I’ve been playing shaman since BC, and almost never played Enhance. I just hate having to spam Stormstrike when procs are good, and having to not sure what to do when no procs. I just hate the Stormstrike proc mechanic, I do love the old Stormstrike that buffs nature damage taken.

Also, number means nothing if you don’t enjoy the class/spec. It’s easier to pump good number if you enjoy the spec.

1 Like

I was the same way until this xpac. I led a lot of RBGs and just leveled the next thing we had trouble finding for the group. I was having fun but I never really played each outside of PVP.

I started a shaman in MoP and really fell in love with the gameplay. However due to my altaholic ways I never really played ele because I was too busy tanking or healing or being a TC.

When this xpac came out I made the decision that I was going to main ele and devote playing and excelling at that. I have already have a 120 lock and dk but they are just tinkering and one is an engineer and the other an alchemist and there was nothing else going on. And I have thoughts of man shadow priest looks beast. However i have stayed true and only really play ele

I have 120 Priest,Warrior,Hunter,shaman and 2 paladins. I feel you for the altaholic Problem. As for shadow priest i can happily say that it is fun Imo, it feels good to play and pumps out some nasty damage. Can always keep more than 1 character up to date :smiley: