Enhancement > Elemental ? Pls help

I do a pretty good job of narrowing it down to like 2-3 so at least there is that. But, then I keep flipping between them and never really get anywhere with any of them.
Maybe it is time I just choose one as you have and through sheer willpower and determination refuse to play other things.

I try to set goals for the week and that has helped.

1. M+ 9 min done
  2. PVP chest done
  3. H BoD at least 4/9 done
  4. 2 PVP zones done (420 has dropped for me)

Then the rest is dailies done at least every 2-3 days, supplement CP with warfronts of not doing RBGs.

After this is complete I may log over to an alt and tinker with professions or a M+. I am very strongly fighting the urge to gear my DK to tank m+ (just give me shaman tank already) and lead RBGs again with.

I have been contemplating making a leveling video showcasing ele aoe grinding for all the naysayers.

1 Like

Hello fellow Panda Shammy!
I like your necklace.

2 Likes

It sounds like you’ve got everything all sorted for yourself. If Having your DK there something you really want then you shouldn’t stop yourself. Perfect having Timewalking there, Get to 120 and you will have a quick 370 DK in a day.

For the goals i’ve started playing Ele now because of all the comments and it seems like it’s going to take me a bit more investment to get use to it compared to Enh though it seems like i’ll enjoy it in the long run.

1 Like

Ele is getting more attention right over enhance because its meta right now (doesn’t mean Enhance is bad BTW). People over reacted once they saw that Enhance was underneath Elemental they instantly said “it’s trash”. Should the new tier buff Enhance over Elemental people will say Ele is trash and the cycle continues.

TLDR: Play what you want to play and ignore the idiots

6 Likes

Bad?getting denied in m+ because your an enhancement shaman is bad.how many times have you been asked ele? when you sign up for a m+ group?

I bet its about every time enhancement still gets denied lets be real here.

1 Like

I love enhancement, but I’ve run into a few mobs that I couldn’t kill unless I switched to elemental.

I’m hoping enhancement gets some love from the devs. I think it’s more fun to play.

1 Like

People are so worried about running the meta people use for +20s. Or MDI. They think they need that for 5s-10s.

1 Like

In terms of questing, Enh is unbeatable. Ele just feels sluggish. Praise be to Blizz that Ele can drop those elementals. Otherwise give me my dual wielding smackdowns.

4 Likes

With 3x Igneous Potential and warmode on, ele can one-shot quest mobs with a mastery proc. It’s great.

I get in m+ groups and stay competitive and often out perform the DHs and Warriors in my raid group as enhance. You’re spreading the stigma that prevents enhance shamans from getting into groups.

3 Likes

933 io score enh shaman here. I don’t necessarily like running dungeons but I try to at least get my ten in for the week and I run with my guild. I keep pace with other classes just fine even though I often joke that they only bring me for my elemental during reaping. It’s not that we can’t do it.

My ranged, short cd interrupt, my purges, my reincarnation for death runs, heroism, ability to dispel some things, aoe stun totem and my elemental for reaping all make me valuable to my teammates in mythic +. We don’t always have an ele shaman available to do those things. On my realm, the top two dps shaman for M+ are both enhancement.

1 Like

When he gets asked are you ele then kicked from the group when he says enhance he can come back and yell at you.

Yes that still happens.

If you are pugging and just in the process of gearing up then ya I would stay away from Enh.The more op you are the better in pugs imo, that way if the rest of the dps is awful you can carry.

Shaman never stay strong for long. IP being too strong is what puts ele over enh for dps. It will get nerfed soon, just like enh Strength of Earth and Roiling Storm traits did.

Which is why most will just say play what you like, unless you are doing very high Mythic+ or Arena, like competitive level.

Enh has troubles getting invites to Mythic+ starting around 9 or 10. When IP gets gutted, Ele will too.

I hate to be down right mean but sometimes it is unavoidable.

It is this kind of stupidity and complete ignorance that held ele and resto back at the launch of the xpac. The spreading of misinformation by mouthbreathers continues to hold specs/classes back.

I will agree IP maybe a little to strong but it isnt OP. However Ele was doing extremely well before the IP buff and it only shifted the talent selection/gameplay from a SE/PE(SoP) build which is extremely front heavy burst to EotE/MotE/IF build which is less heavy burst and more sustained.

Both builds are still completely viable and useable in raids or M+.

Ele was getting invited to high keys before the IP buff due to CL and EQ buffs. And with the current affix of reaping ele will still be one of the premier casters due to our powerful non-cd based aoe and the myriad of tools our class brings.

Furthermore, IP only really enhances our aoe in 3-5 targets for M+ and you could pull more snap aoe dmg in higher keys due to larger pulls with the SE/PE build and have a tankier earth ele.

And now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

G.I. Joe

2 Likes

agreed. i like all 3 specs for shaman! they’re all fun, imo. i didn’t use to like enhance because you had to spend most of your time just maintaining 2 or 3 buffs while trying to find time to attack inbetween all those GCD’s, but it’s changed for bfa. i’d go with whatever you like more.

if you want high keys go ele enhancement gets denied beuase its not good.

idk enhance for pve atm is just amazing for both aoe and single-target people are just picky because they not very informed

Ele is stronger, but enhance is viable if you like playing it