Engineering borderline wothless now, nitro boots nerfed

So not only can your nitro boots kill you, it now shares cooldown with potions.

What exactly is the point of this profession now?. As far as I know the vast majority of engineers pick it for perks like nitro boots and gliders but gliders can be bought and used by anyone now and the nitro boots were nerfed. Seriously.

14 Likes

I swear they put Inscription in the game just so Engineers would feel like someone else was getting jerked around more.

14 Likes

You mean people still take engineering and inscription? That’s funny.

1 Like

A Blizzard dev got corpse camped by a shaman engineer in vanilla and they will never forget and they will never forgive.

15 Likes

It’s kind of silly, if you use damage potions you’ll never have the boots available so the only way to use your profession perk is to not ever use potions.

Âż?Âż?Âż?Âż?Âż?

4 Likes

Engineering has a 2 or 3 minute cooldown invisibility that doesn’t share cooldown with potions and a battle res.

Every single person who wants to do well in M+ in Shadowlands will be an engineer.

2 Likes

“That was a delicious potion. I don’t even think I can activate my boots.”

Guy beside them: “What?”

https://youtu.be/_Aari4WSaqw?t=6

7 Likes

As far as I know it’s a shadowmeld, you can’t move and it can only be used out of combat. No idea how a shadowmeld is that good for m+ but the nitro boots nerf makes 0 sense.

1 Like

It was Blizzards way of “balancing” profession bonuses; removing them.

I miss when professions had combat incentives.

5 Likes

Engineering is massively overpowered compared to every other profession in the game. No profession should be borderline required for Mythic+s like eng was in BFA.

3 Likes

All of the crafting profs are dead except alchemy. Just gotta wait for that spirit rift to open so we can go into SL and get good profs again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You know incorrectly.

Dimensional Shifter is invisibility on a belt. You can move with it. It doesn’t put potion on cooldown. Engineering belt gadgets require engineering, this one requires 45.

Disposable Spectrophasic Reanimator is a battle res engineering item. It requires shadowlands engineering 50 to use.

Both items have a very low chance to backfire and screw the key, but it is a very, very low chance.

If you want to do M+ there is no reason you would pick any profession except for engineering.

1 Like

What’s the point of just about any profession? Pretty much just a way to get a quick Ilvl boost with crafted items that they timegate the living heck out of to the point you probably get an upgrade shortly after crafting the helm (if you’re clearing instances at even a moderate clip).

Alchemy, your time is coming soon too.

This alone makes it look like it’s not worth gambling with those and even then I don’t really care much for m+ but ok, it’s a fair point you make here, this might make the profession slightly less worthless.

Nitro boots remain the main reason people pick engineering though, this nerf is just silly.

Goodbye dmg pots I guess.

You misunderstand.

The profession isn’t nearly worthless. It’s absolutely mandatory for anyone running high keys.

When you say the main reason people pick the profession is for nitroboosts, what you mean to say is the reason you pick the profession is for nitroboosts.

I understand the disappointment, and its fine, but don’t speak for everyone.

2 Likes

M+ has only existed for 1 or 2 expansions, historically people have picked engineering for the boots and glider among other minor bonuses so no, I’m not speaking only for myself.

Also, while other proffesions don’t have these perks they’re outstanding gold sources, which has always been percieved as the trade off for the eng perks.

Only profs that have a chance of making gold is enchantment and alchemy. Even those are impossible to compete in unless you are a multiboxer. So the only viable choice for high end content is engineering, and that’s kinda a massive problem.

One word: Blingtron

2 Likes

Enchanters got shafted first when they made it so everyone got to use their ability for free without asking.

This is where the decline of professions began.

Its only remaining use for me really can be some of the mogs locked to be being an engineer.

If going for a techy look to a hunter with nvg’s wow style…well there are options for that. One of my hunters sports these from time to time.