End the war on solo gameplay in WoW

Im actually curious what solo content do people want?
Because so much of wows content already is pretty much solo for all intent and purposes. I cant think of a single activity that a solo player cant access to some degree, that people who form groups can access.

The forums are partly to discuss improvements to the game, I like the game and will continue to play and continue to advocate for more options for solo play.

3 Likes

And when the game had more to it than just endgame, this was fine.

But the game has hardly focused on anything other than endgame for quite some time, so it needs to make certain accommodations for that design philosophy. Because having played this game for 16 years now, I can tell you that for the longest time I had absolutely no problems playing this game by myself and having just as fulfilling of an experience as a person who raids.

3 Likes

What you are talking about is not solo content, what you are upset about is the end game loop of wow sucks.

Which thats something im on your side with, wows endgame loop is honestly the worst its ever been in all its expiation’s, and if you wanna talk ways ot make the end game loop better, im all for it.

But saying that end game loop should be able to be totally soloable? no.

Says who?

Not at all what I’m asking.

How does more solo content affect the content you enjoy doing? More solo content doesn’t mean less dungeons. More solo content doesn’t mean less raids. More solo content doesn’t mean group activities cease to exist. So how exactly does it affect YOU?

I want you to answer the question above.

5 Likes

It does though because thats dev time and money taken away from making those things in order to make solo content, like we saw with choreghast and islands which flopped (Islands made a comeback when you could solo q for them and just rofle stomp them.) I would have gladly given up choreghast if it meant we would have gotten the cut Drust raid that was meant to be in ardenweald for example.
Hell they even made a joke about it in WoD. in the alliance garrison in the grave yard there is the grave of Ray D. Tier and we lost the shatrath raid in that exp.

So im against it in regards that it pulls time and money away from other content we should be getting more of. Case and point DF is launching with one of the lowest dungeon count we have seen in a long time for a exp.
Example being dragon ridging there is a fun solo activity, the issue with it is great, you can literally max it out in 20 min, solo content generally can be blown through mindlessly.

Now i will say im not going to be against solo content that can provide evergreen content that can be used for both solo or group content and or progress.

Example of solo content i dont want, more things like visions or choreghast.
Solo content i am for, player housing whos needs materials and resources from crafting across multiple professions, and getting patterns from raids, dungeons, rares, battle ground ect ect.

Did you play classic? Seems like you didn’t. I had a Rogue and Shaman at 60 in OG Vanilla and geared entirely solo through the PvP ranking system. We pugged BG’s and played insane amounts of hours to get higher ranks…because it was available to solo players and they played the heck out of it.

We pugged dungeons and geared in Blues in PUGs not organized raids… The gear gap from dungeons to raids was so small that everyone was fine with it and that made a big difference. Unless you were slapping people around with Hand of Rag which was really rare then a blue geared Pvp’er would stomp an epic geared raider in a fight…that makes sense…that was vanilla. It was solo friendly.

1 Like

This is a MMO not a single player game. MMO genre is working with others to achieve a goal. If you want single player game there are plenty out there.

I did and still do.
Overall i think classic is a much better game in terms of content and pacing of the game.

Just like above what you are complaining about here is not solo content, its gear progression and end game loop, both of which are horrible in wow right now.
Everything you listed was grouping content it was not about solo play. It was that when you got a group progression for gear and the end game loop of wow at the time in classic was just better then it was in retail.

So you want no solo content to not award any type of gear. That’s all you had to say.

2 Likes

Ummm, no. Neither of us is wrong, we just disagree.

You don’t get to tell me how or what to play. Stop trying to be a bully, it isn’t working.

WoW fits my play style just fine. Stop trying to change other people’s style to fit yours.

3 Likes

Im fine with it rewarding gear, im not fine with it rewarding end game high tier gear.

You have a different definition of group play. Many people consider anything PUG or the Auto Group Finder loads you into as solo game play.

1 Like

Solo means to be alone, if you are in a group does not matter how that group was formed, its no longer solo.

Do you just want more auto group finders?

Then by your definition LFR and Rando BGS are not solo player content which is not a common perception though I do agree with you on this. The complicated part comes when you define cooperative play rather than group play.

1 Like

How high is high end gear?

Yes i agree LFR, LFG, and rando BGs are not solo content, you are grouping to do them, granted they are low tier group content all be it.

If you are in a group you are cooperating and playing cooperatively (Most of the time, BGs not so much)

Yep I knew this was coming, the pedantry. Stop feeding this troll.

1 Like

2 Likes

For me? i group “High” end gear at raiding or above.
That said the ability to get normal level raiding gear is a joke, and can be done by putting in minimal effort, so much so that normal raiding is basically pointless but thats another topic.

If you are asking me, what level of gear should solo content award players, with solo being literally by your self, no one else The answer is, it depends on the source and the time it takes.

Because now we are veering off of solo content and into the topic which i think all of this really is about, is gear progression i have always been of the mindset that Time * Difficulty + Effort = reward.
Meaning if all you do is log in solo quest you shuld not be expected to get anything better then normal raid level gear.
If you log in and grind out reps, to get crafting items, and for example ill use wrath, log in every 20 hours to make your titan steel and end up being able to craft a ring or weapon thats crafted item should be as good as a heroic raid level item. But thats veering into the topic of prof being crap and needing to be good. But i would also put doing prof as being more effort then just completing your random daily quests killing normal mobs.