End the war on solo gameplay in WoW

Horrific visions were horrible. First you had to actively grind currency to participate in them. Second they were timed.

Grinding for the “privilege” to participate is terrible design. The timer absolutely didn’t help either.

1 Like

Having more solo content to do benefits everyone. People just want to be contrarians.

6 Likes

Limited attempts made it fun, added to the risk factor of pushing vs collecting easy rewards.

Super Mario Bros. had a timer.

You have no data so this is all assumption on your part. Given the countless videos dropped lately from large youtube channels that point to the opposite of what you have said the common perception is not with you.

I have no intention of leaving WoW I have every intention of providing feedback for how I would like them to improve their game and if you don’t like it, don’t leave… I prefer people stay it’s better for the game.

5 Likes

Because if you dont like the game the way it is, its better for you to just not play it and find another game, and stop trying to change it and ruin it for other people who do.

I would gladly like to see wows population drop by half if it meant that i was only playing with people who enjoyed the game the way i do as well.

Good news for you! It did. By more than half. Over the last 12 years. It was such a massive drop that Blizzard stopped publishing subscriber numbers.

3 Likes

Subjective. I disagree.

The currency didn’t alter the visions difficulty. Just made it a chore to participate.

That’s a terrible comparison.

How is asking for more solo content “ruining it for other people”? Be specific.

6 Likes

LOL This is exactly why I like to solo play. Don’t want to be forced to play with “akchually” anti-social nerds.

3 Likes

Of course it did. If there was no punishment for death, you wouldn’t be so risk adverse and taking risks wouldn’t be a big deal, you could just try and try again until you succeeded.

That’s like saying having 3 lives in Contra doesn’t add to the difficulty. Then why is it that most people can’t finish the game without the Konami code to get 30 lives ?

Timer’s a timer.

Couple timer with limited attempts, and you got yourself a genuine video game, where you need to make hard choices about whether to push or just be happy with what you got.

Now you are just being funny… Don’t feed the troll folks. I’m out.

because thats not wow.
WoW and MMOs like wow have always been about doing group content, running dungeons, raids, battle grounds, trading selling, working together to achieve a goal. Not soloing and doing things by your self.

How much more do you want me to be specific?

Not being funny being serious, i would rather people that dont share my vision or close to my version of what i want in the game( wow closer to classic style game play and gearing), not play the game then change it to something i dont want.

This is why you need Blizzard to force others to play with you. LOL

3 Likes

You know you keep saying this and yet one of the reasons why WoW was such a massive success was because it literally took all of the things that made the MMO genre so obtuse (I.E. mandatory grouping, less consequences on death, etc.) and threw them out in exchange for accessibility. One of the selling points on the original box was the ability to play the game by yourself.

I don’t think you actually understand what the core tenets of WoW actually are.

5 Likes

No, i dont wanna force anyone to play with anyone.

If you dont wanna play with other people, dont play the game.

I like playing with other normal folks. Not social misfits who have meltdowns.

2 Likes

Your point makes no sense considering wows grouping method did not change and become any more accessible then it did from launch up until ICC when RDF was implemented.

You can play it by yourself, but all the end game activities revolve around grouping.

No ones having a melt down my guy, im just saying if you dont like a game the way it is, just dont play it. Simple as.

I didn’t say you were having a meltdown. You can tell me to leave all you want I ain’t going anywhere.

2 Likes