End the war on solo gameplay in WoW

“All raiders” means raiders.

“Most raiders” means most raiders.

“Some raiders” means some raiders.

“Many raiders” or “few raiders” means many or few raiders, depending subjectively on whether the speaker thinks that a certain number is high or low. (Another person could come along and look at the exact same number and situation and say they would use the opposite word of the speaker.)

“Raiders” could be any of the above. Or it could even be intentionally left vague or general. This is just how language is sometimes and you have to accept how people use it.

For example, if someone says “Kids like chocolate” or “Dogs don’t like cabbage”, they probably don’t think that literally all kids like chocolate or literally no dogs like cabbage; they are making a generalization.

Or let’s say you are at a Christmas party, and someone says, “People are opening presents”, they probably mean that there are people that are opening presents, and not that every last person in the world or even at the party is opening presents.

1 Like

You really are that out of touch with reality.

Which is why absent any qualifiers, it means all raiders.

My scenario isn’t made up. You need only scroll up.

1 Like

From my experience as a raider who hangs around raiders in game, yes. Yes it is.

I miss his hunter with the same name as that mage lol. My guess same person.

I dunno know if its a war but Blizzard has long been notorious for telling their players the “correct” way to play the game. Now I love their raids but the idea of wasting three to five hours a night of more to get nothing but a repair bill isn’t as appealing to me as it once was.

I get Blizzard’s idea that they don’t want to give too much gear out because people won’t keep playing. Even through the top guilds have shown them time after time that their system came be worked around. Its the lower class of players they really care about keeping in check.

All that to say I pretty much play the game solo these days. I’d like to play more of the raids (I care nothing for their dungeons since WotLK… which I’m replaying now). Blizzard care absolutely nothing for their players time. In fact, they go out of their way to ensure as much of it is wasted as possible. Which in turn leads a lot of us to decide if you can’t award us for our time in your preferred method of playing, we can a least make sure its not absolutely wasted by going solo so at least we can build to something.

We all have to understand that Blizzard does everything possible to ensure we play as much as possible as long as they don’t go too far into actually making it a fun experience. Fun must be removed so we can enjoy the feeling of work they put everywhere. I’m not bitter, I still love their game, I just think they are crap at making it as good as it could be. Biggest reason so many finally jumped ship making this a AA game from a AAA studio. But whatever floats their boat.

2 Likes

Sorry, but that is a BS take IF Blizzard really thinks that way they are stupid.
Because who would stop playing if they get their gear?
With Gear you want to play more to push even higher.

Well, that’s the only explanation I’ve ever heard from them like too much gear oh goodness how terrible. More Blizzard logic shrug

1 Like

The ones that see gear as the end point, these would also be the ones that see gear as the way to get more gear, if there is no way to get more gear then what they have, they quit.

I’d love to meet one of those…

The way I see it:
You get gear ->you play better ->you might get more gear.

The issue is, gear is not rewarded from playing the game anymore…
But instead by this mobilesque weekly reward screen aka vault.

3 Likes

That definitely didn’t have anything to do with tg being the only way to get a legendary for most of it.

1 Like

Eh, it is how I see anyone that brings the argument down to just gear, like people who think others will quit if WQs handed out gear and then turn around and say that “x does not want challenging/difficult content” when someone brings up the idea of more challenging solo content.

The way I see it: you get gear-> you push into hard content->you get more gear->you push into even harder content

The issue in this case is the only “hard” content is group content.

2 Likes

More solo content, lesssgo!

6 Likes

And you really are trolling.

Then why even have words like “all” at all if any pluralized noun automatically indicates “all” of the given noun?

Definitely. The hardcore players love SL gearing systems passionately because it gives them and only them everything they ask for and validates them emotionally.

1 Like

Some qualifiers can both be implicit and explicit.

Yes, some qualifiers can be implicit.

So when someone says “raiders”, they might mean “all raiders”, “many raiders”, “most raiders”, or even “some raiders”.

One overly sensitive and stubborn WoW forum poster cannot control the way that hundreds of millions of speakers use the English language, simply because they are so desperate to prove that another forum poster is wrong in some way.

That doesn’t even start to make sense.

Glad you’re finally self-aware enough to realise you can’t gaslight your definition in.

1 Like

And that’s the root of your entire problem. You don’t understand generalizations. When someone says “raiders” without qualifying it, they are making a generalization and only that someone knows exactly how many or which raiders they have in mind. It might be all raiders, or it might not. That’s not for you to decide.

This is a syntactical issue rather than the definition of a single word. And this issue is not just yours or mine, it is the reality of how the English language works for hundreds of millions of speakers.

“Raiders can mean anything and it totes makes sense! Just mind read!”.

No, “raiders” means all. If you want to qualify a subset, qualify it.

That you don’t get to redefine. Don’t be sensitive and stubborn like you yourself put it.