End the war on solo gameplay in WoW

The whole first half of the game is solo content until you reach max lvl via questing >.> Yes they ignored a decent chunk of players who liked that content. And focused only on group content.

Idk why you say world quests, like that’s any thing that world content people have mentioned wanted more rewards for. Who’s point is this addressing? Or are you assuming.

Mythic raiders are a minority in this game. What they do does not reflect on the majority of the playerbase. They are getting content fueled by everyone. It can be enjoyed by soloers like 4 years later which is why I don’t mind the raids. But like raiders themselves are a minority in comparison to all gamers in general. Season 4 shunned solo players for sure. Acting like raiders are the majority of wow players is weird. When so many people left shadowlands who obviously weren’t interested in shadowlands stuff.

You keep commenting and shutting down people. You have made your point. But you do not consistently need to berate people who play solo, or enjoy solo gameplay. Or keep gaslighting players in saying they don’t deserve gear for doing the stuff they want to do.

Sounds like you’re just jumping at shadows, looking to make boogeymen out of the people who disagree with your style of play.

Warcraft can’t be carried by Raiders alone.

This is why you’ll lose the argument every time.

We’re all being lazy when we sit on our butts to play a video game. Man, some top tier logic right there my dude.

Also, plz quote the ppl asking for free gear.

2 Likes

I think the main issue for WoW is Blizzard spends too much time on competitive content, which makes for an extremely hollow MMORPG.

1 Like

I used to be competitive. I get it, to a degree. I have found it to be a waste of time and energy. It’s freeing to let go and have peace.

1 Like

Waves
we exist.

After buying +15 carries in BfA season 4 ? Oh yes, Raider IO remembers.

Was it a piloted Vision carry ? Highly against the ToS.

1 Like

There was a penalty for not finishing the vision. You get less rewards vs full completion.

Like not getting loot for not finish a key ?

Wouldn’t say that, keys are plentiful. Vessels not so much.

I think the main reason people want to play solo is because if they join groups and they suck, people are going to call them out on it. Rather than face that reality and do content that is appropriate for their skill level, they’d rather demand free shinies.

Some players are more skilled and better at working with others. They deserve the best loot, hands down. People that want to grind away at easy content are free to do that, but they don’t deserve gear, they should get some other reward. Like reputation, or a rare toy, or a nice transmog set. You want power? Then you need to have skill.

I do agree they should have given gear rewards in Torghast. I did it for ages for the mission champions but it would have been good if you got gear appropriate to the difficulty. Or at least gold or something usable outside of Torghast. Because it’s easier to time when you have more people so solo players would have a harder job of it. If solo players think they have the skill, prove it.

Grinding and repetition does not equate to skill. Anyone can do that.

What about the really good players that no longer want to do group content?

Google it plz. They exist!

There are many who have hung up their hats but still love the game and want to do something.

Starting mid seasons, they were. Even at the start, you had plenty. But seriously, after they just slapped it on Wrathion :

This is one of my alts I just casually played later in S4 of BfA.

How do you know if you’re “good” or not if you’re not playing with anyone else to compare yourself to?

People can get pretty deluded in their own little worlds. The level of skill required has changed over the years. Just ask any new player on a boosted character. Or people coming back from hiatus.

You get good by playing with others and by learning from them.

2 Likes

For the people who have played with groups and were good and no longer want to do that kind of content.

I’ve never had that much. Then again, that requires actually playing the game.

Dailies and stuff gave plenty of that though. M+ and raid, not so much.

5k visions on my main :smile:

How do we determine who is good and who is bad?

In an environment full of strangers the only thing people trust are current stats, what they have achieved in SL.

I’ve played with people that have achieved CE that are absolute garbage this xpac as they’ve aged about 5-10+ years since then and no longer play the way they use to.

I thought I was a great player in MoP but in hindsight I was absolutely terrible.

The amount of players that have experienced group content that go BACK to just solo content is few and far between, my entire raid group have gone casual this seasons and not even one of them are slightly interested in solo content.

The only thing we do IS group content just much more casually now, even LFR/Choreghast. I mean the only thing that helps with boring solo content is doing it with others :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’ve read about so many amazing players who stopped simming - min/maxing - playing hardcore, ect. or who have quit the game period.

I keep “Going full casual brought me back to wow” from reddit, as my first tab and I read it periodically.

I do not understand the logic that when someone wants to mostly play alone that they’re a “bad” player? When this is far from the truth. Everyone has a different story.

I am weird (I guess) in that, I enjoy being alone most of the time. Playing solo isn’t boring to everyone.

Has zero to do with ENDgame. Keyword there is END.

Group content is the focus of endgame.

There is zero solo content in this game that deserves heroic ilvl gear. Doesnt matter what I specify.

There are more mythic raiders than “solo” players. Even then there are definitely more people who raid at all levels than solo players.

I dont berate people who choose to play solo. IF that is what they enjoy I am all for people playing what they enjoy. I comment on the ones demanding heroic or mythic level raid gear.

Its not gaslighting. Solo players do not have any content in the game that is even close to resembling heroic difficulty rewards let alone mythic ones.

Only entitled players demand gear.

1 Like

If you play some single player games. They have scaling difficulties.

Like in star ocean 3 they had the 4d difficulty after beating the story.

You can usually tell good solo players by what they achieved.

The 4d dungeons look quite challenging in the end of star ocean 3 for example.

I did the game on normal. But man watching those 4d videos is cool. Although they use cheesy abilities and craft some good gear.

You get better by challenging yourself. Which is why scalibg difficukty is nice for a reward system. Like it was in horrific visions. And how it currently works for raiding and mythic plus.