End the war on solo gameplay in WoW

Oh. That’s a neat idea.

It seems like a fair number of folks don’t understand this.

1 Like

Or say that those who did M+ and raid got to choose 1 item from each row, and they added a row for world/solo content, that capped out at say heroic gear, but to get even one slot unlokced, you had to do 3 emissaries or 1 weekly, for 2 you had to do 3 emmisaries AND 1 weekly, for the 3rd you had to do 7 (a full weeks worh) on emmisaries AND both (or all) weeklies?

Those who do more content get more gear, or since the world content gear could likely be useless for heroic+raiders, more currency for gem slots.

Just like solo players can’t understand that WoW is designed from its core to reward players based on difficulty and group content.

Harder group content will award higher gear than easy solo content.

2 Likes

Disagree with highly incentivizing PVP again.

They did, it was called Horific Visions.

Look at how many “solo” players have the Mad World achievement.

Eh, I’d move PvP gear back to a PvP vault, and possibly make it so you had to choose a PvE reward/s or your 1 PvP reward. or you could only get multiple PvP rewards if you did multiple forms of PvP content, like a row for Arenas/rated BGs and a row for random BGs

I gave up on Mad World after trying like 6 times and failing :smiley: (Although, I did raid and m+ so not a solo player.)

Disc priest with suboptimal corruptions. Maybe it’s the appeal of wall that they can’t overcome?

I understand that just fine. I’ve never once asked for raid gear from solo content.

Don’t lump all solo players into the same pot.

But have you asked for a way to improve your gear via solo content?

So you are content with the current gear levels for solo play?

When they all stop asking for heroic and mythic gear for free sure.

1 Like

I wanted to add more musing on this.

Currently the great vault gives one (1, uno, ichi) rewards no matter how much you play. It makes it so people don’t feel obligated to play all the pillars of gameplay if they don’t want.

However, it also makes it so people don’t really feel rewarded playing gameplay types that they are ambivalent about and would do if they had motivation.

For example, I get loot in m+ so rarely that outside of wanting to get KSM every tier I don’t really bother because I’m raiding anyhow. I mean, I could get potentially higher loot from m+ but it’s just too much and not fun.

But if we could get x number of rewards where x is greater than 1 but maybe less than or equal to three, people would consider engaging in areas that they don’t have as a main gameplay area. I think two would be a good number. You can unlock 3 loot slots per row per week. And pick one loot from up to two rows.

So if someone does raiding and m+ they get theirs and get rewarded for engaging in more things but don’t feel forced to pvp.

Likewise, they could give solo heroes a way to unlock a row, and they could get their one a week while not making people who do real content feel obligated to do whatever.

I think that solo/world content should reward lfr levels normally and normal mode levels from the vault. That is about at the effort/difficulty level.

1 Like

Up to a point, yes. At the moment I have pretty much reached that point on this character, and am content to wait for the next expansion while I work on alts.

Agreed, just want to add if thye add solo content, like torghast, to the vault, it should provide up to heroic raid ilvl from the vault for the appropriate layer, like how for M+ the higher key you do, the higher the ilvl rewards

Yes. I can do all the content I care to do quite easily.

I really don’t think we are ALL asking for that. You’re just generalizing.

Horrific visions are giving away Shadowlands loot?

I’m sorry. Daily quests are LFR level effort and deserve at maximum normal mode level rewards. Daily quests shouldn’t negate heroic raiding, they literally require no skill.

Torghast doesn’t reward loot. Why do you keep bringing it up?

It’s easier than LFR level. It so easy it doesn’t even give loot. It’s irrelevant and useless. If anything it should reward a weekly LFR piece.

If torghast was as hard as a mythic level raid and required hundreds of hours to progress then heroic loot would be okay (heroic because part of the difficulty with group play is recruiting and managing people and how different people make mistakes and learn at different rates and antisocial players don’t have that therefore their hard content is easier than real content). But it’s joke content, it doesn’t give loot because it takes no effort. None.

They gave quite almost Mythic loot in BfA.

Why would they repeat a form of content solo players said they didn’t like ?

Horific Visions became a playground for M+ players and Raiders. Solo players hated it. That’s the point : Solo players don’t want challenging content that gives them loot. They just want the loot part, without the challenge.

I think the only ones asking for it ate ones even I would say “if you want free things, go find a game that provides such”. I mean I came down on those complaining about SL mage tower, post tuning,

Beccause it is content that, if Blizzard so desires, they could make the solo path.

It is now, but I believe in Beta, it did provide loot. However, people complained abotu one of 2 things:

1. it is too hard
  2. we don’t want to be “forced” to do it

so we wound up with the version we have now.

And Blizzard decided not to continue that trend of rewarding no effort no skill content with high loot because they didn’t want to. Why are people asking to be catered to when they don’t even play the game?

What are you even talking about ?

Of course, hidden profile to hide you don’t even have Mad World. LMAO. If Mad World was so easy, why didn’t you ask for more of it in Shadowlands to get some sweet Better than Heroic Raid loot.