End of SoM? Can toons move to TBC?

I see that toons can move to a classic server of their choice, but will that include TBC? I’m trying to find a reason to play SoM but if all our toons/work end up on a dead classic server while most people go to Season 2, I don’t see it worthwhile for me.

Just curious if TBC is a possible destination.

I am curious of this as well. Making characters thinking about starting SoM. But if the end result is a dead classic era realm with no possibility to move them to TBC after this season is over. Not going to waste my time.

3 Likes

hmm, yeah true. I hadnt even considered this.

If you get to the end of SoM, and feel like it was a waste of time, you shouldn’t play SoM.

6 Likes

My understanding is it just resets. Like you play to 60, do all the raid content. Server resets and you start over. Toons are lost. Just like any seasonal game.

1 Like

I’m hoping so.

I would be shocked if they didn’t have some TBC fresh servers going live at around the time that SOM ends with the option to transfer to those from the existing classic realms or directly from SOM

1 Like

This would be the best situation I can imagine. In fact, it’d be amazing.

I understand the attraction of seasons, but I want continuity for my toons. I love everything about SoM at this point–except not know the end plans. That’d go a long way toward encouraging me to play there.

1 Like

+1 for moving to tbc OR wrath after the season ends. Depending on which expac is up and going at the time idk.

I can’t do perma phase 6 classic forever and those era realms were honestly a dumb idea. The appeal is progression, whatever that means to you personally.

You’ll prolly have to pay to move to TBC like you do now lmao.

2 Likes

I’d be willing to do that.

Looks like it wouldn’t be too hard for them to provide some clarity.

I’m willing to jump in to SoM with both feet. But only if I can go to TBC after!

It was pretty clear when they announced it that they were just going to end the toons when the season ends and start a new season.

They said the following:

3 Likes

no they literally said you will be able to move those toons to era servers…so moving to TBCC isn’t a strech

As has been stated, currently their plan is to allow free transfers to Classic Era realms.

If I were to speculate, SoM might be partially designed to funnel more 60’s and players in general to Classic Era; trying to “hook” people on Classic Era to boost the populations. Allowing transfers to TBC Classic would run counter to that. But again, this is just my speculation.

I don’t know the actual math, but isn’t leveling already faster on TBC? It seems like if you want to play TBC, you could just roll on a TBC server.

I don’t necessarily have a strong opinion one way or the other…but yeah, so far it sounds like SoM is Classic Era only.

imagine wanting to play TBC again. :face_vomiting:

I think the only logical thing for them to do, and what I think would work best would be to allow SoM characters to default to Era Realms, and then make the same cloning service available for these characters to TBC. This would essentially boost the population of both Era and TBC by allowing players to do whatever they wanted.

But Blizz had repeatedly dropped the ball so far regarding everything Classic, so I actually have very little hope for this being the case.

1 Like

they need to progression season of mastery from vanilla thru tbc to the end of wotlk (a year for each one), THEN REBOOT. that would be season 1. that covers the classic era, nice and tidy.

2 Likes

They literally said you won’t be moving to TBCC. You’ll have a timeframe to transfer to a Classic Era server, after which point the SoM servers will be wiped.

Now, that could change of course. But for now that’s the future of our SoM toons.

uhh…thanks for reiterating…i guess?