End of SoM? Can toons move to TBC?

Well, it’s just amusing when Blizz says it’s not happening, some people still say, ‘But it might!!’

They said no. Accept it. I think if they were even considering the possibility, they would have said so. But they explicitly stated that you’ll only be transferring to Classic Era.

This is not the case with Diablo 3, at least, where seasonal characters may available for non-seasonal play.

move them to a dead TBC server? like classic?

Remember when they said that about classic servers? Well look at us now.

TBC sucks.

This should give era realms a serious boost, where Grob can come alive again. Most players on SOM wont even be able to get into Naxx, so it will be nice to finish out.

I hope they just delete it all. You wanted “seasonal” realms. That’s what you should get. If you wanted to play crusade, you should have selected crusade on the client.

This is a ladder season, if you can’t grasp that concept don’t play. People have been playing private servers for over 12 years, and they would all play a fresh server for 6 months than play the next fresh.

It’s mmo version of an arpg ladder reset like D2/D3/POE. it’s not waste of time if its for fun, go play retail if you want to keep your chars forever progressing for w/e crappy expansion they release next.

by the time SOM ends, most likely have WOTLK out and TBC would moving on to WOTLK.

Stick with TBC if you want to keep your chars…

Considering Diablo 3 doesn’t do that, I don’t see why Blizzard would do that to players

Can’t grasp don’t play… CHECK

Private servers… CHECK

Go play retail… CHECK

Crappy expansion… CHECK

Stick with [something else]… CHECK

Checked a lot of boxes in so few sentences in response to a basic question. Good work.

Imagine a TBC where they modified attunements so that it worked on a server that lasted only a year.

WOTLK Classic won’t come out until mid 2023 if the Classic to TBC timeline is anything to go by.

Since SoM will end in November 2022, that will give players at least 6 months to hit level 70 & be ready for WOTLK.

I love TBC. It’s my favorite xpac. It’s not as grindy as classic and it’s not as easymode and as homogenized as LK.

When they gave Warriors AoE tanking it became super boring to tank. I went fury for LK because of it.

I think this is pretty accurate. I also think some people are definitely learning which xpac they like the best. I have to say I much prefer classic w/ the SoM changes to anything else. I thought I would like TBC more but . . . it’s just not the same.

The tension between the Horde and Alliance is everywhere in Vanilla Classic WoW. No other iteration of the game has that same feeling. Wish they would just make a Classic + to be honest.

1 Like

Really hope so - having a fun time with SoM but I have become attached to my character and hoping when this is over it can be pushed to “live classic” and move onto TBC → Wotlk.

Because it’s fun?