End of BFA: There's still a GIANT SWORD stabbing into Azeroth

It’s the entire video. That’s how the expansion ends. Gorribal is never mentioned by anyone and is still just sitting there.

Legend says that a handsome dark skinned fella named Burkins will pull the sword out and be crowned king of Azeroth.

Edit: I’m currently on 934th growth potion, toss any spare my way.

1 Like

Well, that is indeed the elephant in the room. The next question is whether it somehow plays into Shadowlands.

Based on the history of Azeroth, the Well of Eternity, and the world trees I’m guessing that the sword will be removed and the Night Elves will plant a new world tree in Silithus. I think that will become their new home now that Darnassus has been destroyed.

I don’t think we’ll see that resolved until Shadowlands, possibly as part of the redefined starter content.

Who is this Burkins fellow, Burkkins? :smiley:

Can’t Jaina teleport it away? Isn’t that what she does? Like, on every cutscene she’s on?

9.0 intro will have us destroy the HoA by channeling all its power into launching the sword into space and closing the wound. We’ll replace it with a green quest reward neck.

I mean, it’s not like we’ve never sacrificed rental power to fix something before.

I’d say it’s a pretty safe bet that we’re not getting any conclusion to the sword bit.

It’s not an easy fix, and precisely for that reason - I doubt blizzard will spent any effort or time on ‘concluding’ that part of the story. Chances are, we’ll get the “we used the heart of Azeroth to heal the world; that’s good enough, for now,” and leave us with a vague hint that they’re gunna come back to it (but of course they never will).

All the titans are locked away right now, so idk who could pull it out, so to speak.

Chances are, we’ll get the “we used the heart of Azeroth to heal the world; that’s good enough, for now ,” and leave us with a vague hint that they’re gunna come back to it (but of course they never will).

Except, again, that we didn’t use the Heart to Heal the World. We used the heart to free N’zoth (whoopsie) and then we’ll use the heart to power the titan laser that kills N’zoth. At no point do we direct the heart to actually heal azeroth. It’s like taking the battery from a defibulator and using for your power drill. Hope noone will need that in the immediate future.

This should be common medical knowledge.

You get stabbed, the knife/sword tears the tissue and makes you bleed.

You leave the knife/sword in, it blocks the bleeding, thus helping to stabilize you.

You pull out the knife/sword, it tears even more tissue, and allows you to bleed even more freely.

That is why you NEVER remove the stabbing object unless you have medical supplies/professionals there to immediately staunch the blood flow and get you the help you need.

Now, how are we gonna do this for Azeroth? How could we instantly stop her bleeding after we pull out the sword (causing even more damage in the process?).

Remember the Pandaren starting zone? They had to use explosives to blow out the ship embedded in the turtle’s back, and it very nearly killed him! The healers barely got to him in time.

At the same time, leaving a sword in someone’s belly long term is obviously not an option. The most logical thing again is to “have the titans deal with it”, or failing that the Titan subordinates from Ulduar working with Magni and Mother.

Cauterization would be the most obvious method if you were to treat Azeroth as a standard flesh and blood creature…which you probably should not.

2 Likes

Well then there we have it; guess it for sure is never gunna be touched hah.

Ramkahen
Odyn
Thorim
August Celestials
Kalec
Alexstrasza
Chromie
Lorewalkers
The Earthen
Tirisfal Council

whats this? just a list of people or organizations with knowledge, strength, or power who could be of some use, but didnt show up…

4 Likes

We don’t use the Heart to fuel the Kamehameha, it’s just used as a targeting mechanism for the Forge of Origination. It was already confirmed at Blizzcon that the empowered Heart survives the expansion intact.

You were supposed to be so tired from grinding that you would forget about the sword.

You would think that would be easy seeing as the powers that be concentrated on something totally irrelevant in BfA. I hope those people have the misfortune of stepping on Lego pieces on a daily basis. Barefoot.

For those who were hoping there’s a resolution to Azerite pouring out/Giants Sword still stabbing Azeroth in 8.35…

…Ion just interviewed with Millenium (link at Icy Veins) and confirmed there is no 8.35. After 8.3 our next content will be Shadowlands.

I did not want to believe that, but holy hell if you weren’t tellin the truth.

You know, sometimes I wonder what goes on in that guys head…and if all the gears still have teeth to them.

So. We may be doing something about the giant Sword.

Possibly.

1 Like

What sword?

/peers through a pair of binoculars

/wholly, utterly misses the Sword

/is oblivious

2 Likes

Why on earth would you bring this older th