End of BFA: There's still a GIANT SWORD stabbing into Azeroth

So, if I understand correctly, the events at the end of Legion had a GIANT SWORD stabbing azeroth, causing her to bleed AZERITE. This GIANT SWORD is still in the planet, and we’re supposed to gather AZERITE to send back to Azeroth to heal this horrible wounding. But Sylvannas and others are using AZERITE for their own ends in weaponmaking and whatnot.

I emphasize these two key words (ok three) because I feel I need to point out something: At the end of BFA, we have done nothing about that GIANT SWORD that’s killing our planet slowly with that gaping stabwound in Silithus, and Azerite is still pouring out everywhere, which if I’ve read datamining correctly (spoilers ahead) we use against Nzoth with a Titan Giant Lazor.

So NOTHING is done about the causes of the war and the crux of the expansion. We go wandering off into Shadowlands in about 10 months, leaving behind the GIANT SWORD and all the pain and suffering it’s bringing to the Azerite Titan, and ignore the Azerite that’s still spewing out and maybe still being mined by goblins?

25 Likes

Wonder how they’re gonna link the G I A N T S W O R D to the Shadowfell Shadowlands.

3 Likes

We lose against N’Zoth in 8.3 that is why we are going to shadowlands.

Don’t ask for proof, I’m just pulling things out my azerite like blizzard as I go.

23 Likes

It’s just hype for John Romero’s DAIKATANA reboot.

7 Likes

:confused: no one has time to get that silly sword un stuck, we are grinding pathfinder and then onto essences who has time to be Arthur and the sword and the stone

11 Likes

That’s what the Heart was for originally. By us wearing it and gathering azerite in our travels the Heart fed it back to the titan and healed her internally. What the factions did with the rest of it doesn’t matter. Chances are she’s not dying anymore by now.

But BfA isn’t over. We still have 8.3.5 left to tie things off so wait and see what happens. The sword isn’t an easy fix though, you can’t just yank it out and we have nothing that could do that anyways.

Goblins are currently retooling the sword into a theme park.

Sword Land opens this year! Bring your family!

27 Likes

Yep! We’re just going to… leave the sword in Azeroth’s belly and hope for the best!

2 Likes

It’s now one of Azeroth’s 7 wonders.

8 Likes

I wonder if I can arrange a tour! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thats Azeroths sword now.

When she finally emerges as a fully fledged Titan it turns out she is also an Arms Warrior.

Who knew.

13 Likes

Nah. She’s a hunter. All weapons are hunter weapons after all…

12 Likes

Okay I realize I haven’t played retail in years, but wth kind of lore is that?

Well if Azeroth ever becomes a humanoid titan then they can just rip the sword out and have a sick weapon.

We’d all be screwed but eh. I like the image of a planet coming to life and ripping out a sword like that.

Weren’t the legendary weapons drained of their powers to heal Azeroth’s wounds at the end of Legion, or did we all imagine that?

Ah, here it is:

The players invade Antorus and free the remaining Titans, who in turn force the world soul of Argus to manifest. Thoroughly corrupted and suffering, the players are forced to kill it. The players see that Sargeras is at Azeroth and prepared to take it for himself. Sargeras is pulled away by the Titans, but he hurls his sword into Azeroth as a final act of spite. The players return home, with Illidan staying behind to face Sargeras inside his prison.

While Sargeras is defeated, his giant sword remains; players absorb its corrupting poison into their artifacts, which greatly weakens them but buys the world of Azeroth time. However, the titan’s blood has been erupting to the surface in the form of a crystalline substance called Azerite, which has tremendous magical potential.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft:_Legion

Thank you Google!

See how easy that info was to find?

Get with it!!! lol

And @ op we still have 8.3.5

Weren’t the legendary weapons drained of their powers to heal Azeroth’s wounds at the end of Legion, or did we all imagine that?

If you read it closely:

players absorb its corrupting poison into their artifacts, which greatly weakens them but buys the world of Azeroth time. However, the titan’s blood has been erupting to the surface in the form of a crystalline substance called Azerite

The artifact weapons stopped Azeroth from dying in like a day or two, buying time. Didn’t cure the stabwound, basically took the poison factor away. She’s still bleeding Azerite, everywhere, that’s what we’ve been collecting all BFA.

4 Likes

You’d think the Titan’s wouldn’t want to leave that lying around. Especially where their greatest enemies are known to traffic.

Okay I realize I haven’t played retail in years, but wth kind of lore is that?

Oh you sweet summer child…

Probably want to avoid reading anything about the Light creating undead…

Also Night Elves becoming forsaken because Sylvannas brutally killed them in a surprise war, burned their city/sacred tree down with their children screaming while mocking them, they’re so upset at this that they’ll join Sylvannas as loyal forsaken because something something Elune and Tyrande couldn’t save them from Sylvannas…

…Oh, then there was that whole thing with Rexxar joining the War and leading the attack on Kul Tiras because “Jaina, she’s killed too many” (???)

…And the actions of like 15 Vulpera, who helped out a similar number of Zandalari and Horde soldiers who crash landed in a desert. This act of charity enraged High Fuhrrer Anduin Wrynn of the third Reich, who decided to listen to his Alt-Light group’s recommendation to send Purge Squads to extinctionate the Vulpera…

I wish I was making any of that up

13 Likes

There used to be that “Master’s Glaive” stuck in Darkshore for years before Blizzard decided to just remove it for no reason. Same will happen with this – Blizzard will decide it wants something else to happen in Silithus, so the sword will just disappear over a few patches, lickety split.