End Heal Tanking

Different tanks have different tanking mechanics… Warriors have the best physical mitigation in the game (yes, better than BrMs) and have little self healing because of it.

DKs have some of the worst mitigation, but has a lot of self healing to make up for it.

1 Like

Mitigation is damage reduction. Avoidance is damage prevention.

1 Like

Again, what’s your point? What does this have to do with other tanks having a self heal?

Tank self-healing is neither mitigation nor avoidance.

1 Like

A small suggestion for you warriors who think paladins have better phys damage mitigation than your prot warrior: make sure to put IP on your action bars!

1 Like

The issue is self healing, not physical mitigation.

I don’t see an issue with that. Some healers are good tank healers and complement prot warriors well. Other tanks that have self healing mix with other healers like disc priests better.

1 Like

So basically all tanks should have different forms of mitigation and no self healing. Booooooring.

1 Like

I think he’s upset that tanks with self heals can outgear content and not need any external heals. Warriors have a tougher time achieving it because they can’t self heal. IP is pretty damn good though, and as many have mentioned already - their phys mitigation is top notch.

2 Likes

You could replace self healing with healing amplification and you’d still have a difference between tank types, while ensuring that all of them were dependent on a healer in boss fights.

2 Likes

Yay you found someone to share your echo chamber.

1 Like

Well that’s because you see it as a very black and white tank+heals in one class.

If you actually played a blood dk you would see it differently.

Well actually it’s not true whether you like it or not.

I’m your ideal world that’s true, but everyone else lives in reality where it’s not.

Other tank classes that have high amounts of self-healing also take significantly more damage than warriors.

I have a suggestion for you: next time you’re in a raid with your warrior and your co-tank is a BDK, open up two windows in a damage meter. Have one be damage taken, and the other be healing taken. After the pulls check the healing taken by BDK vs yours. You’ll notice (if you’re playing right) that even though they have more healing done, they have more damage taken, therefore they have more healing taken. Typically 50-60% of their healing taken is from themselves, and the other 40% is from external sources. So, even though they are healing the damage back, they aren’t getting all of it, and still require a lot of healing from healers.

2 Likes

It’s just reactive instead of proactive, it’s honestly a really easy concept to understand.

Warriors aren’t even bad I’m not sure why you’re so passionate about it, you just want to homogenise the playstyle of every tank for some reason.

If this was before the removal of ignore pain from the gcd it would be understandable why you’re so salt, but I think you just don’t enjoy warrior, maybe re-roll to another class.

1 Like

I wonder if people are looking at healing meters, see DK so high, and think they’re broken. If they checked damage taken meters, or healing taken meters, they’d realize DK is in an average spot for raid tanking, with Brewmaster and Warrior beating them (imo), both requiring less healing and taking less damage.

1 Like

If prot out gears content, we only have to survive until things start dying. VR is very powerful for self healing if you get every kb.

1 Like

Although I will humor the concept that healers should be the only ones with heals. Sadly we struggle to receive class changes for basic things, so how on earth would we get a whole revamp in order to remove healing?

1 Like

Its like if they go into a M+ and say tanks should let the dps damage as prot warriors scale the meters lol. The designs are currently correct for tanks as you put it.

1 Like

It’s our thing, though. No CC, no ranged interrupt, no enemy displacement. I like to think of it as brute force tanking. Thematic with warrior, imo. Rush in, reduce as much damage as possible and quickly end combat.

1 Like