Encrypting your World of Warcraft data

If you don’t want anyone looking up on your data you can go to blizzard website and go to settings and disable share game data to block out 3rd party and wait 30 days out for the effect to take hold and there your account is effectively encrypted.

4 Likes

Why would I do that? I’m so lonely. Someone please stalk me.

13 Likes

I wonder whos gonna stalk you 3rd party web sites lol

There is a lot to unwrap here.

1 Like

Cool. We got 30 days to critique his level 35 questing technique!

2 Likes

I’ve found that the most successful strategy to avoiding stalkers is by minding your own business and not talking to anyone. Stalker free since the 80’s.

1 Like

I’m going to stalk you. Your Draenei is much cuter than mine. I need to visit the barber and work on my tan.

2 Likes

I dunno man.

I talk probably too much. I’ve posted my bnet constantly.

I cant get a stalker. :frowning:

(which is Akston#1343 for any potential stalkers out there)

1 Like

I’d rather put it back in the box and leave it there.

3 Likes

You are also welcome to send stalkers to me.

I’ll play nice with them.

:smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Is this a veiled anti-Raider.io/Warcraftlogs post?

3 Likes

Nah, this is a manual for 0-accountability GD trolling on retail toons.

3 Likes

Some of us don’t play an MMO that way…

If someone stalks me in Wow then at least I know they care to see what I’m up to.

2 Likes

I stopped stalking you when you race changed.

2 Likes

I understand. But I am hurt.

1 Like

4 Likes

By stalking what do you mean?

All blocking third party API access does is block things like raider IO from reading your data. So when you apply to a group it will look like you’ve done no M+. Basically showing up with a blank resume. For most reasonable people they’ll be looking for how much experience you have as much as score.

And for sites like warcraft logs you will need to go to that site and explicitly opp out of having your data searchable by name. Players collect that data in game and submit it, so there’s not much you can do about that.

If by stalking you mean people checking claims you make on the forums against your experience and perspective, that’s not really stalking, that’s trust but verify.

2 Likes

“LF stalker, apply within.”

2 Likes

Shall we start googling all the stalking victims IRL who were just minding their own business? lol.
Deranged stalker sorts dont need a reason to do what they do. they just do it. And victim blaming isnt exactly the way to handle it.