Encrypting your World of Warcraft data

hey

1 Like

Even better, you have the option to delete your battlenet account, there you go, no more stalking.

When you go to the Blizzard website and go to privacy and settings there is an option to disable share game data which means it tells blizzard to lock out all third party sites no matter what that website is.

Yup. Thought I covered that with:

“Allow Battle.net to share game data with external developers to enable game related services such as leaderboards, statistic trackers, and more.

Battle.net allows external developers to build applications and experiences for our players using game data including gameplay details and your BattleTag. Disabling this setting will prevent these services from working. This setting does not allow the sharing of your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, or other similar information without your specific consent.”

“And more”

That includes everything like Warcraft logs and raider io and among all other things.

I think we’re talking past each other somehow.

dont worry, brandon can find you anywhere

I mean, this would be interesting, at least.

"Huh … why you climbing up on the roof and peeking into the skylight in my office? It’s like some kinda vampire from Salems Lot or something. Oh well, come on inside and we’ll get you towled off and cleaned up.

Ohhhhh … rriiighhhttt… you’re not supposed to invite them in…"

1 Like

Same here, I get mad hearing about stalkers. Wish I had one.

I wanna join this party. We can stalk each other.

The /WAGGLE crew needs to stick together.

2 Likes

And easily blocked by making a classic character. Of course you’ll have to level it to 10.

The 4th party web sites.

1 Like

As long as it ain’t those 5th party websites. Those things are just creepy.

4 Likes

Don’t tell them about the 6th or 7th ones either.

5 Likes

It prevents those sites from getting your data directly from your armory. It does not prevent others that you have grouped with from logging the run, uploading it to WCL and your name being searchable and showing up in someone else’s log.

As Thequixote said, you would also appear to have no M+ experience since RIO is blocked. That’s typically a red-flag that tells me, and many others trying to time a key, that you perform poorly enough that you would hide your data from a 3rd party site, therefore you’re a big risk to bring to a key. Or I could simply still look up your best dungeons on Blizzard’s own Armory, which is not blocked regardless of your privacy settings since Blizzar’ds site is not 3rd party.

Tanking friend and I experimented with the privacy setting and were surprised that in-game combat actions can still be logged by another player, thus the WCL logging issue still being an issue if you really want to hide your data. I guess you could always ask when you join a raid or M+ “Is anybody logging this run?” and if they are, you drop out.

Seems like over-the-top paranoia (what can they do with this data that upsets you so?), but there’s certainly an option to block it from RIO and WCL directly, but WCL logs can still get it from another player that logged your run and the Armory still shows your experience in raid and M+.

1 Like

I live in the middle of cornfields and a rock quarry. Please send some sentient life out here to me.

1 Like

Well, I have the right to lock my data and prevent third party from having my information. Even, if I am good or decent at mythic plus or not it’s not their business to know. If they want to know my stuff well they can go to my armory and plus I have blocked most of my characters armory to limit certain things out. But, I wished blizzard to be more hardline on their privacy and what I mean by hardline is to encrypt all the data and if people want to know your data they need to ask for a code or a key to access it.

People aren’t getting your credit card, real life name, and etc. So there’s no “Privacy” to be had with Blizzard’s characters that you are essentially renting out.

Unless you’re doing something shady.

You know it’s not your data, right? Read your TOS and EULA… everything, including data from characters you play, is property of Blizzard. They can share it or delete it as they please; you have no say in the matter, other than the tools Blizzard provides you (e.g. “sort of” privacy settings).

Oh, and we should enable btags in the forums, too.