Enchanting - Weapon Enchants on to Vellum

When attempting to place a weapon enchant onto Enchanting Vellum, I receive the error: “That spell is incompatible with your weapon appearance” and fails to enchant.

I’m a hunter with a bow equipped. The game is taking into consideration my equipped item rather than the target item in the crafting panel when doing a weapon enchant. Unequipping the bow resolves this and Enchanting Vellum can then be used.

2 Likes

Confirming this bug report. When trying to enchant ‘Sophic Devotion’ it gives the same error noted above. Taking my transmog off of my bow, or switching to a default model weapon, fixes the issue.

1 Like

Bump. This bug still persists as of February 2nd. I just equipped a melee weapon to get around the problem but it’s just silly…

(removed because it seems unrelated)

Still not able to put Weapon Enchant on Vellum. Why is this still a problem? It was reported weeks ago.

1 Like

I came to report this same thing. It doesn’t matter if you’re trying to enchant someone else’s weapon or a vellum, if you have a bow equipped on your character, the enchant fails. I had to unequip my bow to finally be able to enchant my guildie’s staff weapon.

It doesn’t seem to be consistent because I know I’ve been able to enchant other peoples’ weapons without unequipping my bow, or enchant vellums.

This also only applies to weapon enchants. I can enchant all the rings and cloaks in the universe with my bow equipped. As soon as someone wants their weapon enchanted from me, my bow becomes a problem.

Verified. This is such crap.

Bow has to be unequipped.

This is such crap.

Can I get a refund? I am through with this sh!t.

This bug has been around since sometime in Shadowlands.

I guess I was lucky to have a small stock of Celestial Guidance enchants in my g-bank for my multiple alts on two accounts. Why can I no longer enchant vellum? This puts unnecessary limits on all my alts that cannot “afford” to buy the service. Why was this changed? Or is it just another long-standing, not-addressed or not-fixed BUG? Edit after response from GM: The creation of Enchanting Vellums is temporarily disabled
No clue how long it’ll take and apparently it was due to some “unexpected use” (cheating or botting) issue? Anyone know?

1 Like

Same issue…wtf

It is now 5 Dec, almost a YEAR of this bug, and I cannot enchant vellum with Sophic Devotion without unequipping my bow