Enchanting Needs Attention

First off professions just suck now period.
Second is enchanting suffers bad from this looting system.
Just another reason dungeon and raid drops need addressed.

6 Likes

I understand this perspective, but I don’t agree with it. “Dust only recipes” are a real thing, but it doesn’t really explain the problem and it won’t suddenly get better.

In Dragonflight, a dust only ring enchant cost 3 dust. The “better” version was 5 dust and 3 shards.

In TWW, its 5 dust for the dust only version and the “better” version is either 30 dust, 10 shards, 1 crystal and 10 writhing samples OR 30 dust, 5 shards, and a tinderbox.

Its incomparable how many more mats it requires.

4 Likes

it is fine. let us make money.

so is it more likely they intend enchants to be more expensive in TWW or just messed up?

They really wanted to stick it to enchanters didn’t they. When green dust is = to purple crystals in price… you know something is stupid.

I couldn’t agree more with the sentiments expressed!

As an enchanter and a jewelcrafter, I feel completely left out of the forward motion of the game, unlike previously. I tried to offer free enchants yesterday just to increase my skill level. I had all the materials. For the first time, ever, no one wanted enchants.

Both Enchanting and Jewelcrafting feel completely out of sync in The War Within. This expansion has fundamentally changed how these professions function, and not for the better. In all my years of playing, I’ve never seen these professions fall so far behind or become so useless at the beginning of an expansion. Traditionally, they’ve been the go-to for enhancing gear, particularly just enchanting previous tier sets to add the needed edge, right from the start.

Enchanting and Jewelcrafting have always allowed us to provide valuable items for other players—whether it’s enchanting weapons and gear for those first few dungeons, crafting powerful gems to socket into our armor, or creating essential jewelry pieces. These professions have been pivotal in helping enchanters and jewelcrafters contribute meaningfully during the early stages of expansions. But now, in The War Within, it feels like we’ve been left seriously behind.

This feeling of being stuck became glaringly apparent when I reached level 80 on my DF Final Tier set. I had no enchantments or real gems to add benefits to that gear to help me get to the point where good gear started to drop. Rather than feeling accomplished, I was frustrated. None of the new gear I acquired could outpace what my DF tier gear along with the old enchantments, that was being offered, nor did it provide any added benefits from the low-level enchantments I gained early in my profession knowledge.

It was an uphill battle to make any meaningful upgrades. I was finally able to replace my Torc of Passing Time at level 76, thanks to an in-game drop. Typically, I would have been crafting my own superior pieces well before then. I would have preferred upgrading my Torc of Passing Time rather than outright replacing it. It seems like we’ve lost that early jumpstart that Enchanting and Jewelcrafting used to provide, leaving us at the mercy of random drops instead of relying on our carefully crafted gear.

Another frustration is forcing us to upgrade our existing rods and tools. Imagine being able to take our DF enchanting rod, coat it with Bismuth, and encrust it with a gem to make it stronger. The same could apply to necklaces, rings, and other profession tools. I have a deep attachment to crafted ring and necklace from DF—why not let us carry these beloved items from expansion to expansion, enhancing them along the way?

I understand that Blizzard loves introducing new currency systems with each expansion, but allowing certain items to carry over would add significant depth and meaning to the professions we invest so much time in. Enchanting and Jewelcrafting could once again become essential to the early-game progression, helping everyone get that much-needed head start.

I would also have to add that the benefits of cooking are lost as well.

With all the above, Blizzard has created a seller’s market for certain professions, and price gouging will likely be the mainstay in the game for the next two months.

1 Like

I just find it hilarious that uncommon items are more scarce than rare items.

Somebody at Blizzard needs to take a step back and think about how absurd that is.

13 Likes

Just this.

3 Likes

Two things need to be done

Return professions to the old style instead of the DF abomination.

Wait 3 weeks.

Enchanting is always screwed up until people start running enough dungeons to fill the market.

Only other option is to bring back roll for disenchant.

Enchanting is screwed up because everything you make is blue quality so the market on that material… is dirt cheap and not much of that is needed even for most enchants. The only reliable way to get greens is through making profession items (which is actually a material sink in and of itself) and what you find off of mobs. Also to compound the problem, purple quality gems are too easily obtainable… which kind of ruins the whole “epic” shard right off the get… but I don’t really need those anyways… I need the dust lots of it…

Roll for disenchant? How’d that work?

I think something like a “fail” percentage of blue item disenchants should give dust instead…

Honestly all of the professions I’ve tried are pretty stupid though. I just got blown up five times in a row (with a 10 minute debuff) with my Alchemist so there’s that “fun”.

1 Like

The only reason it ever was was because you could just craft your own greens to disenchant for your own enchanting dust, as far as I recall it used to be at least, and it just worked because you were a cloth wearer anyways and could simultaneously craft your own gear.

When this changed, I don’t know, but enchanting is a grinding hell for me right now.

supply / demand, everyone wants to lvl their professions

Any Instance, when a green or higher quality would drop and we would roll on the loot there was an option for roll to disenchant if there was an enchanter in the group.

Oh, I don’t see that being a thing unless you’re doing it with a guild group though which couldn’t hurt to have as an option.

I’m still thinking that when we disenchant blue items we should have a chance to get green dust… back in the good ol’ days that’s how it worked.

It was a thing, they removed it sometime between MOP and BFA

Honestly, the best solution here is to give enchants the option to allow rare items to DE into dust. Not only would this solve the issue of lack of greens to DE, but this would help us gain access the MANY needed dust per enchant.

Perhaps to make this more balanced, this dust DE from rares could be soulbound, thus prevent some abuse of this.

They removed it in wod when personal loot became the main loot for 5 mans

Another issue i’ve seen is that Patron crafting orders expect us to fill in massive amount of dust for a measly 10 Acuity. Whoever designed this at Blizzard clearly did not test this out. These crafting orders should be adjusted so the dust is always provided, and we just need to fill in a few other of the materials.

Whoever made the current profession system hates the players, they really shouldnt be permitted to work in the video games industry ever again.

Why they would keep it after how badly it was received in DF is beyond me.

1 Like

*pets enchanting