Empowered Imperial Consular doing too much damage

Same issue, locked at the end of floor4 because of this unkillable broken mob. Actually gamebreaking

1 Like

200ilvl spriest here and this thing just decimates me even with drums, food, flask & augment rune. tried saving my 45 second silence till he was trucking and it’s just not enough. He even kills me through the 50% healing dispersion talent. Way overtuned especially if you don’t get any moderately helpful anima powers to select from.

Yep. Resto druid. Got him on 8-2, and there is just nothing I can do about him. He hits sin bolts every second for 8k to start, and has 145k health. Cleared absolutely everything up to this point, got meh powers, so it’s just unbeatable content.

1 Like

Okay to add in here, about the ONLY way you are clearing this boss is if you have a warlock with the instant pet summon and just have them spam VW just to eat sin bolts. I managed it with my warlock on layer 3 this week to get my rank 3 Legendary, but just stone walled as a Havoc DH even making use of LoS and Sin Brand.

The damage sits at anywhere between 6-8k per shot, and sometimes completely ignores LoS if the cast is more then 50% done when you get into cover. So it is looking like this week is a bust if you can’t cheese it.

This boss is OP. In a two person group. I’m discipline priest and a mistweaver monk. We can’t do enough dps to take him down. Blizz why?

sorry, that wasn’t my main. This is. Boss is OP. Damn.

As a 194 ret paladin using ALL buffs available, drums, Steward mastery buff, trinkets, I barely killed the one on the 2nd floor, then got wrecked by the one on the 4th floor. This is absolutely insane and needs to be adjusted. At least get rid of the pacify or make him cast half as often.

Blizz please re tune this boss. We are like doing everything and nothing is working. LOS not working. DPS instant cast not working. Not enough mana to heal. Come on Blizz what the hell theres over 20 levels and this is stopping us?!!

I got 3 of these guys as floor bosses in my upper reaches 8. They’re doable, but it’s unreasonable to expect me to use every CD I have including Time Warp to kill one despite my total absorption from each barrier cast being about 70k. Meanwhile, on floor 5 of that run, some type of maw soldier is the floor boss and I take 0 damage.
I still don’t think it’s a bug, it’s just awful tuning.

199 BM hunter, level 7 - breezed through until this guy as the boss of level 4. Had the 25% kill shot insta-kill anima power that I wanted to try but never even got to use. Killed pet as fast as I could summon him, the Shadow Bolt Volley is too powerful. Echoing the sentiments of all here that he is too powerful, overtuned, and very frustrating.

I managed to kill him on Floor 5 Layer 8 at 185 holy paladin, it was close to a miracle.

Popped all CD’s and drums at start, spent 80% of my holy power on SOTR until he hit about 52%, by then with stacks he was doing about 1/3 of my HP per cast and i had about 64k hp with buffs. I used every holy power from there to spam WoG and sometimes holy shock myself and dispel his debuff when I had a chance.
At like 30% he did so much damage I just panicked and basically gave up and started trying to LoS him which worked a little bit but due to his fast cast and my lack of interrupts it was to slow his damage output to try to outheal it while i hit him a bit at range.
Got him to 22% had wings back up and ran a huge circle around the entire room for 40 seconds waiting for bubble and did some ranged attacks. By then he had like 25 stacks and was almost 2 shotting me as I spammed holy sock and wog. He was at like 13% i popped Divine Shield to see if that would be enough time to finish him before he just straight up 1 shot me.

I had to use 2 rounds of every paladin cooldown kite and LOS for 40 seconds and if I didn’t get the extra HP bonuses from earlier floors there was no way to kill this dude. I still feel like I got extremely lucky with killing him. Also the actual boss on the following floor was a joke. I can’t imagine trying to do some of this stuff on other classes/specs without dispels or some kind of immunities cause of broken stuff like this.

1 Like

I dont think this mob is working as intended. As everyone else here has said , there is no way to kill this mob wihout some specific combination of powers (which ive yet to discover). Im all about challenging content , but this isnt even challenging, it just broken. 1 sec cast Sin bolt for 11k and shadow volley for 22k
 its not survivable, and there is no way to escape the mechanic.

Please fix this.

1 Like

15k volley then sinbolt hitting for 8-10.2k per hit every 1.6 seconds
blissart pls bro I only have 1 kick. Usually I’m looking for a way to beat this stuff but I think someone missed something when doing this guys abilities.

Ran into this as well, very obviously overtuned. Managed to beat it (as a Brewmaster) by literally kiting it around a pillar and keeping its shots away while I used cooldowns and healed every time I got pacified. Even with this I feel it would probably have eventually oneshot me if I hadn’t had touch of death to isntagib it at 30%.

Try to run Upper Reaches on layer 8 as I just breezed through layer 7 of Fractured Chambers. Get this guy at the end of my first floor; I got absolutely recked. Try to lower my difficulty to see if its a gear check
 I kept going down until layer 4 and still could not kill him at the end of floor 1 with barely any powers.

I get we have to LOS, but #1 the layout does not guarantee enough spots to LOS
 also it’s such a short cast how are we suppose to constantly LOS while doing damage?

How did this make it past testing?!

1 Like

Same experience but with Empowered Mawsworn Ritualist.

It will also cast “Pacifying Dust” which can not be intended. A Venthyr mob using a NF ability? this is also unavoidable as there is no cast, just seems to be a untracked passive aura from the mob. Once you have it, you basically cant do anything for 3 seconds other than get blasted by the Sin bolts

1 Like

You can die - which is what my level 60 hunter did 4 times on that door boss, layer 4 before I gave up lol

Brah, you guys need to see her on layer8 floor 5. This freaking beach just ruined my layer 8 run. I use a disc priest, and poped all my CD, did all my dmg rotation right, but never get any reflect damage anima, then this beach just sin bolt me starting at 8k, when I finally cannot about to heal myself, the log said each sin bolt hit more than 20K!!!. Not mentioning the shadow bolt volley hit me for 40K when she soft enrage! What a nice game and I guess I need a 30 man raid and assign interrupt to everyone to pass this MINI BOSS!!! I freaking love this indie game!

1 Like

OK wow. I had antimagic shield up, it absorbed 9,462 Damage, but still hit me for 10,866. Seriously? a 19k hit from Shadow??