Empowered Imperial Consular doing too much damage

I was running Torghast as a Guardian Druid with my partner Balance Druid. We hit the end floor 4 boss on layer 5 of The Upper Reaches and it was Empowered Imperial Consular. The boss was WAY over tuned. The Sin Bolt was doing 1/3 of my HP with my cooldowns up. At all phases of the fight, not just when he hits 10 stacks. No other end of floor bosses have hit me so hard, there is no way he is supposed to 3 shot a full tank.

Edit: Wanted to add I am a ilvl 190 tank. I am not too undergeared. I was able to run layer 7 no problems, layer 5 shouldn’t have a boss that hits harder than layer 7 bosses.

33 Likes

I have the same problem, I just did Layer 8 of Fracture Chambers without any issue and when I got in Layer 8 Upper Reaches on floor 1 I got Empowered Imperial Consular and he just blast me with is Sin Bolt. The cast of the Sin Bolt is 1.3 secs and even if you interrupt 1 he’ll keep casting them + on top of all that he put a silence on you for 6 sec so you can’t do anything but get hit in the face.

8 Likes

Way, wayyy overtuned. Currently on Level 4, Floor 5, and the Empowered Imperial Consular is the last mini boss of the floor. His Sin Bolts are hitting me for 6K each. Sure, you can interrupt one, and my Condemn is buffed to knock him down, but then he puts a 6 second pacify on you and blasts you with 5-6 sin bolts during that time. Tried spell reflect and it didn’t work. Sure, I can fear for a few seconds too, but taking 20% of my HP from a 1 second cast that is spammed non-stop is ridiculous. Wasted like 2 hours on this :frowning:

8 Likes

Level 4, floor 1. Show up to door to move to next floor and i got him. Ive barely gotten him past half health using my Earth Ele, Wolves, and even got lucky with my anima powrs. Lust with Ascension power 60% haste and 15% HP increase. Literally kills me in 2 shots once hes just 4 out of 10 stacks. 168 ilevel

4 Likes

I did two different layers, 7 then 5. Had this dude at the end of the first floor on layer 7 then at the end of the second floor at layer 5. I got him down half at most, then died. Interrupts are useless as he casts that sin bolt so fast then you can’t outheal it when it puts the pacify on you. I even had an orb that negated silence and interrupts and it still was gimping me. So frustrating and a complete waste of time.

I know Blizz is going back the other way may towards less casual but for those that can only spend a few hours a night, this is complete garbage. Not sure if it is both playing as a pally tank that was nerfed or just this guy or both, but this is killing it for a lot of people from what I’ve seen.

4 Likes

As a prot paladin this mob does 2.3k dps to me. There is nothing you can do. It just keeps berating with Sin Bolt after Sin Bolt and then pacifies you so you can’t build holy power or nuke it.

It doesn’t make any sense. Nothing else is this strong and there is literally no strategy to defeat it.

5 Likes

I’d love to talk to the person that tested this guy and said it was good to go. What class with what gear were they using to take this guy down on a layer 8.

I could MAYBE take it down if it didnt have a random night fae pacify ability, but the damage is so darn high. Deathless run on layer 8 to floor 4, this guy shows up and the runs over.

First attempt, I somehow managed to get him to about 15%, but once he’s got 10 stacks he’s hitting half of my health every second. All my other attempts, couldnt get him below 40%

I’m at ilvl 192 and just oof

Oh and his -50% haste obviously doesn’t work on sin bolt

5 Likes

Level 3, Floor 4

My recap is
Sin Bolt -5,211
Sin Bolt -5,729
Sin Bolt -5,684
Sin Bolt -4722
Shadow Bolt Volley -12,191

You lunatics.

5 Likes

22k volley. Blizz come on now it leaves me with 4k lol.

5 Likes

Trying to figure out if I have any chance at beating this with lust even. Near constant instant cast. Doing it on Layer 8-5 and it’s hitting me for 15-16k. I have 27k HP atm in here…

1 Like

Hit this enemy at Layer 4, floor 5. Completely killed the run. 1 second casts of 8-10k sin bolts.

Tried to LOS the casts, but couldnt do enough damage while also finding places to hide.

This is absolute bullsh!t. You spend a huge amount of time getting through their torghast bullsh!t and then get to deal with this guy. What complete moron thought that this was a good addition? Literally 3 shots my pet, with an ability that it spams? Blizzard give your goddam head a shake.

12 Likes

I just googled this. Glad I’m not the only one. This guy wrecking me right now.

This stuff is hitting me for 8-10k and I even have the barksin on HoT ticks anima. He ruined my run.

5 Likes

Genuinely made me consider unsubbing. It’s disgusting that this made it through any kind of testing.

5 Likes

It actually put me in a super bad mood. I ran into him 1st stage, and figured I jsut didnt have anima.

I just ran into him on floor 5, and basically died nont stop to him while I wsa trying to LoS behing walls and whatnot just to attempt to bring him down while getting hit for 11k.

Really just sucked all the fun out of it in an instant. Pretty peeved. Not gonna lie. This is stupid. Freaking time sink made even worse by some overtuned stupid mob.

Interrupts dont even do anything cause he juste spams it every second.

4 Likes

For the amount of frustration it caused us, any player that ran into this awful mob should just get their soul ash capped for the week tbh. I’m considering never doing any layer of Torghast ever again.

6 Likes

Glad I spent an hour in level 7 torgast only to get to the 5th floor gaurdian who kills me in less than 10 seconds. Even with lust, and all my cds I can barely get this guy to 40% before he kills both me and my pet. Sinbolt is waaaaaaay overtuned.

4 Likes

So far for this week this boss has stopped every single one of my runs… All at layer 6. Went as Fury twice, tried Prot, tried a group of two as Prot and DPS friend, tried a full dungeon group that has cleared at least +8, killed him once on floor 1 then there was ANOTHER on floor 2 and we wiped to it there.

This boss is beyond overtuned. It’s not just the pacify, its the ridiculous haste. He’s supposed to have a -50% decease in Upper Reaches, but after he gets going a few seconds into the fight he’s firing spells at more than two per second and they are lethal, even for a heroic raid geared tank and m+8 or more group.

Not sure how this got through testing, tbh. If you need to, hire more testers… Dealing with untuned crap that would have been caught on the first round of testing for sure is just lazy AF.

3 Likes

Welp that was a waste of my time.
I wonder if anyone has successfully killed this boss WITHOUT some insane one shot anima build?

1 Like

I am 200 ilvl and this guy is just too much for me. I can get him close but he is almost impossible to kill. I dont want to keep doing layer 8 and hoping rng can keep him away until late. I keep getting on floor 1 or 2 and no powers yet. The other guys are no problem.

2 Likes