Emissary Scaling

They didn’t scale emissaries up to heroic ilvl until midway through the tier, it didn’t happen the moment mythic opened.

1 Like

I don’t think any gear scaled until midway through the season? Or if it did, it capped at 340? They later increased the cap - which would be adjusting the “formula” I mentioned above.

Just curious to know what the intent of the scaling is in the future.

Yes the 370s were ‘catch-up’ gear - you already caught up to be able to do the raids this tier.

No it will not be going up tomorrow.

Ok - so when does the “catch-up” mechanic hit again? Is it when Mythic raiding released? Is it X weeks into the new season? Is it always just “whenever Blizzard feels like it”?

Just looking for something solid so I can plan and manage my time efficiently.

Maybe, but you would probably need a 400ilvl to see 400 emm drops.

Great to know! Do you have any reference from Blizzard to support this statement?

No but feel free to come on here tomorrow and tell me I am correct.

AP 1000 emissary reward needs scaling for those that are 35+ with their Heart of Azeroth. 1000ap doesn’t cut it, it doesn’t even dent the progress bar.

1 Like

Really good point! I’ve stopped doing those for that exact reason.

In Season 2 World Quests rewards will continue to scale up to item level 370, with daily Emissary rewards going up to 400. Additionally, whenever an Incursion is active, a quest will be offered to complete 4 World Quests in that zone, similar to Legion Assaults, and award a Warfronts Equipment Cache up to item level 400.

Where are you getting that from ? I can hardly see them increasing world content to ivl 400 when they just said the warmode quest to 400 was too high.

And the warfront is providing 400 ilvl gear already. The only difference is you are claiming the emissary will go up to 400 - it is currently 385 max I believe and the incursions only give a max of 370 gear. They aren’t going to give heroic raid gear for incursion content right at the start of the raid tier.

You are quoting from notes on the PTR for a patch that has gone live already.

Yeah but at least he’s referencing something. Do you have anything to substantiate your opinion? Or are you just talking for the sake of talking?

He is using PTR information for a patch that is now in the game that demonstrates that information is false.

Dude I really don’t care if you want to believe you are going to get heroic raid gear from incursions tomorrow. Have at it - enjoy.

Ok so just talking. Cool story bro.

Are you capable of actually thinking things through ? Ion said in the Q @ A the rewards for a once per week quest for warmode of ilvl 400 was too high. Do you seriously think that the incursions that happen daily are all of a sudden going to reward ilvl 400 gear ? How would that make any sense at all ?

what you’re saying seems logical to me.

Not sure why people keep linking speculation topics on a third-party site. That is right, the topics on wowhead are speculation and guesses based on things they datamined. During PTR, things are changed and these guesses aren’t always updated. Also Blizzard does try to keep information hidden and will change things at the last moment so they can’t be datamined. Who knows, maybe people will get lucky and get a 425 Titanforge from a Warfront or lower level Raid.

Here is the topic you should refer to when you’re discussing the scaling in 8.1.0 -

I don’t really expect any changes to happen to this until 8.1.5 is released. There is no need for a catch-up mechanism for Heroic raiding now. You can start this with the mixture of 400 and 385 ilevel gear already available to everyone.

1 Like