Emissary Scaling

Does anyone know if scaling on the rewards will increase tomorrow with the Mythic Raid being released?

I think I saw some people mentioning it in threads - but I never saw anything linked confirming this.

I kind of doubt it. Legion WQs didn’t have their reward cap raised with the release of Mythic raids that I recall.

Yeah I wasn’t sure either way. I just recall seeing someone post that it would change tomorrow, but was hoping to get a reference.

This is already happening - max scaling up to 385.

Last season gear scaled up to Heroic raid ilvl (370).

385 is only Normal raid ilvl this season - so the stipulation was that it would go back up to Heroic raid ilvl once Mythic was released.

Maybe the “formula” is: Max ilvl scaling goes up to the second highest raid ilvl available. So this week it’s Normal. But tomorrow it will be Heroic.

They didn’t scale emissaries up to heroic ilvl until midway through the tier, it didn’t happen the moment mythic opened.

1 Like

I don’t think any gear scaled until midway through the season? Or if it did, it capped at 340? They later increased the cap - which would be adjusting the “formula” I mentioned above.

Just curious to know what the intent of the scaling is in the future.

Yes the 370s were ‘catch-up’ gear - you already caught up to be able to do the raids this tier.

No it will not be going up tomorrow.

Ok - so when does the “catch-up” mechanic hit again? Is it when Mythic raiding released? Is it X weeks into the new season? Is it always just “whenever Blizzard feels like it”?

Just looking for something solid so I can plan and manage my time efficiently.

Maybe, but you would probably need a 400ilvl to see 400 emm drops.

Great to know! Do you have any reference from Blizzard to support this statement?

No but feel free to come on here tomorrow and tell me I am correct.

AP 1000 emissary reward needs scaling for those that are 35+ with their Heart of Azeroth. 1000ap doesn’t cut it, it doesn’t even dent the progress bar.

1 Like

Really good point! I’ve stopped doing those for that exact reason.

In Season 2 World Quests rewards will continue to scale up to item level 370, with daily Emissary rewards going up to 400. Additionally, whenever an Incursion is active, a quest will be offered to complete 4 World Quests in that zone, similar to Legion Assaults, and award a Warfronts Equipment Cache up to item level 400.

Where are you getting that from ? I can hardly see them increasing world content to ivl 400 when they just said the warmode quest to 400 was too high.

And the warfront is providing 400 ilvl gear already. The only difference is you are claiming the emissary will go up to 400 - it is currently 385 max I believe and the incursions only give a max of 370 gear. They aren’t going to give heroic raid gear for incursion content right at the start of the raid tier.

You are quoting from notes on the PTR for a patch that has gone live already.

Yeah but at least he’s referencing something. Do you have anything to substantiate your opinion? Or are you just talking for the sake of talking?