Emissary reward changed overnight

I held off on turning in the recent Proudmoore Admiralty Azerite armor cache emissary for today’s reset, but the reset apparently changed the reward to 200 resources and some AP.

Bug, or common occurrence when holding off to turn in?

EDIT 1:37 PM: Now the completed emissary has disappeared from the quest log, so I can’t even turn it in now.

Only likely to occur when the rewards get restructured, such as an item level increase. Historically Blizzard hasn’t allowed you to “bank” things like that to get increased rewards, even if there isn’t any additional effort or difficulty involved in acquiring it.

Chances are any item-based world quests which were still active have also been “re-rolled”, assuming the rest weren’t.

Figured as much, although the advice given out at the popular WoW sites and among many players was to wait to turn them in to get the better rewards.

EDIT 1:37 PM: Now the completed emissary has disappeared from the quest log, so I can’t even turn it in now.

At least you got to turn it in. My toons have NOTHING. It’s just gone.

Ha, I just edited my post. My quest disappeared as well.

Mine did as well. And I specifically held off on turning them on advice from Blizzard. So thanks alot dbs.

" Bornakk

Raid Finder (and Mythic) difficulty for Crucible of Storms will open next week, April 23. Similar to Battle of Dazar’alor, you will need an average item level of 350 to queue for it. To help ensure players get raid ready, we are increasing the maximum item level for certain World Quests rewards. This will include the following:

• World Quest rewards will go up to ilvl 370 (from 360)
  • Emissary equipment will go up to ilvl 395 (from 385)
  • Emissary Azerite Armor will go up to ilvl 400 (from 385)
  • Against Overwhelming Odds (when available) will go up to ilvl 395 (from 385)

Once the update is live it will affect active rewards like the Emissaries, so you may want to plan for when you will turn those in."

I had a talanji’s expedition ready to turn in for a nice piece of gear. Now it’s gone.