Emergency Cranial Defibrillation not working

Happened to me twice on hitting 0 health. No heal and got hit with -1000 sanity then ported out. Worked before this week.

This has happened to me 3 times in the last few days

I have never had the trait fail me or my partner while running… however we always run visions together, in a group.

…perhaps that’s the only time it works? Which, if so, is stupid and not clearly communicated.

I should note that it has only activated while fighting bosses, never outside of that.

Just got the denied on the ECD… It worked as intended on a previous run today. But this time, running two masks, trying out the daredevil and hit up Rexxar last before Thrall. Sanity loss hit me like a truck, so hard that I guess it broke ECD!

Had this fail twice today. I have the talent, my wife doesn’t.

Both times fighting trash I was hoping for this to proc and it didn’t work either time.

1 Like

Just had this fail on me while fighting the Boundless Corruption in the Mage Quarter of Stormwind on a 4 mask solo run. This was especially frustrating as I was on my last area of the run with two orbs left and was counting on it to trigger and then getting the 200 sanity restoration from the kill. Please address this.

If it is at all meaningful for figuring out when this happens I was likely taking a tremendous amount of sanity damage because that mini boss is total trash with the chains debuff.

1 Like

Just did a Vision and I tried to plan to not waste one of my Sanity orbs because I was stuck in combat, and this also didn’t save me. Was in the Trade District in Stormwind, first time I even needed it.

Edit: I was running solo btw, also ignore my level/guild for some reason it’s not updating on the forums.

It works fine… What’s likely happening is that you guys are getting popped without realizing it and then blaming Blizzard when it happens a second time during your run. Some of the mobs can hit pretty hard. If you “die” and get resed, or if you run out of sanity and get resed, that’s it and it won’t help with the other. It will only proc ONE time.

A prime example is in the SW vision right next to the mage tower near the crawler mini boss. There is a portal keeper and two mindflay casters. If you let the elemental cast the debuff on you a few times, you take more and more shadow damage. You will absolutely melt with even a couple masks on.

Uh No. Why would you think you know better than everyone else whats happening? This happens all the time and I am definitely not missing it. It happened today two runs in a row.

Well I’m almost positive that Blizzard has damage log records, so they can sort it out for sure. Still betting on people having gotten killed/resed with it, without even noticing it. Then when they run out of sanity later, they think it’s broken and that it didn’t go off.

Can confirm there is an issue with Emergency Cranial Defibrillation

Have contacted a GM regarding it as it used to work for me but no longer does -

" After doing some digging on my end it looks like we’ve gotten quite a few reports on this and our Devs are aware that this isn’t working the way it should, and they’re working pretty quickly to get it fixed as soon as possible.

I know this can be discouraging and Im so sorry for the inconvenience. I would highly encourage you to submit a bug report on your end as well so our QA team has another angle of the bug. The more angles they have of the bug, the faster they can see what the cause is, and send out a fix. As the moment we don’t have an eta on when this will be resolved, but you can keep an eye out for updates here:

In the meantime I recommend trying to utilize those sanity orbs where you can when the defib doesn’t work while our Development team looks into this. We’re pretty hands off on our end for any workarounds until we get word from our Devs that poking and prodding isn’t going to break anything and they have a safe fix for us. I know that can be a bit of a bummer so I’m sorry we’re not able to be of more help on our end >.<"

So they are aware of it, hopefully they find a fix pretty fast…

Still not working correctly as of 3/21/20.

1 Like

The problem with this line of thinking is, you don’t know the defib isn’t going to work until it doesn’t work.

not a problem in a group setting, but if you’re soloing the vision you’re out of luck.

I noticed for myself that that seems to work fine WITHOUT using the masks, as soon as I use masks it fails every time. Tonight it was in the Old Town District, and in the Dwarven District. Both times using the Mask of the Daredevil & Mask of Dark Imagination. Will Test again Next week in Orgrimmar

Do you have a screenshot of this? Otherwise, I’m not buying it. It’s worked fine in five mask runs for me when I’ve needed it. The issue is that you take a few seconds to res up and during that time, if mobs are wailing on you, you’ll die again.

Otherwise, working as intended.

This is exactly my issue.
It works until I add a mask.

Died twice today on first zone boss and it never procced.

Did NOTHING tonight. No rez, Just sat there dead watching my party die.

STILL not working! With the difficulty of trying to run a 5 mask clear, this particular research trait is extremely important. Not only that, but on the runs where it seems to have worked, there is no way (that I’ve seen thus far) to see if it actually procc’ed or not. While it may seem easy to determine it based on health, if you take a huge sanity hit from one of the mini-boss mobs right as you kill it, and get stunned, and you are near health death, or a combination of any mentioned, you can have a situation where you aren’t sure if you A) proc’ed it, or B) your own healing and/or killing of the mini-boss gave you half the sanity back.

This needs to be fixed so it actually works, ALL the time, and there needs to be a debuff mark that goes up to tell you if you’ve already had it proc.

It is still not working correctly on April 4th. Worked one time but two other times it did not function properly.

1 Like

STill no go on 4/7/20 was on the last boss of my second lost zone. i hadn’t used my orbs yet. i wasted one orb when the boss despawned. he killed me the second round and instead of rezzing me i just got booted.