Emerald Dream? Am I Missing Something?

I see comments about the Emerald Dream and pets to be captured there. As far as I know, the only pet I’ve ever captured there is the Dream Whelpling.

Am I missing something? Do I need to go back? I’m not even sure how to go back there again.

There are two Emerald Dream zones.

The one that you mean with the Dream Whelplings is at the end of the raid in Legion.

The new one is the latest patch zone in Dragonflight. You need to be 70 to get there.

4 Likes

Okay. I have seventies in Dragonflight.

Guess I’ll look for it. Any rep requirements, keys or the like?

Unlocking the Emerald Dream

The Emerald Dream is unlocked after completion of the first quest of the Patch 10.2 storyline, Call of the Dream, received on the first time you log in for Patch 10.2. This quest has an objective to complete the 10.1.7 questline with Shandris Feathermoon, Coalition of Flames.

After completing this quest at least once, future alts will have the option to skip this questline by using the item Shandris’s Scouting Report provided on the Call of the Dream quest. To unlock the main features of the Dream such as World Quests and the Dream Wardens faction, you must work through Chapter 1 of the Guardians of the Dream storyline, Enter the Dream.

Although there is no skip for the Guardians of the Dream storyline, all main features unlocked at the end of Chapter 1 are unlocked account-wide when completed with at least one character.

2 Likes

Here are more battle pet centric guides:

Thanks for the information, but I have no such quest. I checked my log, but nothing’s there.

1 Like

Then you possibly already completed it. If you do not see Shandris with a ! over her head near the large staircase in Valdrakken, then you are further along in the quest chain.

What is the name of your level 70? We could check with the quest checker to see where they are in the chain.

Never mind, but thank you! It just showed up. I had went to Dragon Isles, and did a quest turn-in with Malicia, which awarded me with Honor, Marks of Honor and Conquest points. Then the quest showed up. Thanks for your help.

But I’m Healsyousuck on Whisperwind.

Healer is about the only thing I feel confident enough to do a passable job in when I’m in PUGs. But I didn’t start so well. I heard “Heals, you suck” a few times, so I named myself Healsyousuck. Now, I would say I’m adequate as a Healer in most dungeons appropriate to my ilevel.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

Glad you were able to get it sorted.

All done. That was pretty easy. I can enter the Emerald Dream now, but I got some quests to pick up and new pets to acquire, like the Pewling, Leyhart, Fol’ya Pup and the Sapnibbler, some good gear upgrades.

I’m adding an awful lot of new pets very quickly. And I stopped by Trading Post to pick up some new Tender and a pet called Buttercup was added to my inventory. I wonder where he came from.

Rivals the Baby Elderhorn in terms of cuteness.

I shouldn’t complain but I’ve been adding an awful lot of pets without knowing much about them.

Still, it’s been an exciting day. I haven’t flown a dragon in months. And Healsyousuck hasn’t been used for anything except pet battles in the Garrison for months, either. It’s like learning Shadowpriesting all over again.

3 Likes

I can empathize completely. I am just getting started in Shadowlands over the last few days and have added so much to my collections–original goal was to get the Lost Limb(SB) out of The Maw for Squirt and now I am hooked on the content.

2 Likes

I hope you got it.

Ugh! Just for the Lost Limb! There’s so much questing to get to the Maw. And worse, when you finally do get there, you’re effectively placed on a timer. Spend too much time there and the Jailer places debuffs on you, and not even dying will remove them. Stacks to ten, and no heals will work on you, and it does damage over time. Effectively, you’re done.

I didn’t know S/B Lost Limb was a useful item for fighting Squirt. I’ll have to look for one. I have three, and I nabbed S/S because of Sandstorm teams. And I found P/P . . . just because. My third one is B/B. Guess I can release B/B and try of S/B.

Why are there two pets named “Snaggletoof”? That’s strange.

1 Like

Work your way to the Focusing the Eye quest and you will be able to remove those debuffs permanently (as in the Eye of the Jailer will no longer affect you) and you will be able to enjoy the Maw at your leisure.

That quest chain was part of the 9.1 Shadowlands patch.

The Maw

• Permanently remove the Eye of the Jailer effect by completing the quest, “Focusing the Eye.”

• Unlock riding ground mounts in The Maw and Korthia by completing the introductory storyline to Korthia.

• Discover new rares and treasures in Desmotaeron.

link: https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23685044/updated-june-28-chains-of-domination-content-update-notes

1 Like

Doesn’t exist. I was just there.

Look at the right-hand side of the Wowhead page. That quest is pretty far into the chain. It won’t be there unless you have done the previous quests in the chain.

1 Like

Hence the reason I said to “work your way there” … as Gráinne stated, it is pretty far into the quest chain.

1. A Show of Gratitude
  2. Ease of Passage
  3. Grab Bag
  4. Hearing Aid
  5. Birds of a Feather
  6. The Caged Bird
  7. Claim the Sky
  8. A Hate-Hate Relationship
  9. Fury Given Voice
  10. The Chosen Few
  11. Wrath of Odyn
  12. Mawsplaining
  13. Anger Management
  14. Tears of the Damned
    :arrow_right:15. Focusing the Eye
  15. Good News, Everyone!
1 Like

Thanks. I assumed you meant to fight my way over to that spot.

I’m not seeing any quests in the Maw, just usual rescue 20 souls a day. But that doesn’t matter. I’ve just about gotten all the pets I’ve wanted from it, and I did the Korthia stuff, so I can use my mount.

I guess that will be enough.

ETA: Well, the Emerald Dream is really something. I don’t remember an area in WoW that concentrated so many pets in one area. After the wild-caught pets, I discovered that the various factions also have pets for sale, once you attain a certain level of renown. And to top that all off, I uncovered two quests that reward pets. One is rather interesting. He has Darkness and Nocturnal Strike is separate slots.

I never thought I’d need another Squirt day again. But ugh! I’m getting so many now, so quickly, between the Maw and the Emerald Dream.

1 Like

Best guess is that it’s a slip-up on the part of the devs. The Critter version can’t be captured but, if killed, may spawn a capturable Beast version.

I don’t know if it will be any more effective than the Sunglow Cobra strat, but it does let you level two pets at once so I wanted to give it a try.

Do you mean the Slumbertooth and Pale Slumbertooth? There’s also a Snaggletoof, but there’s only one. The Snaggletoof and Slumbertooth are caught as normally but the Pale Slumbertooth only appears if you use the Friendsurge Defenders toy, which you can get from the Dreamsurge events.