Elusive Creature Bait BUG

Not sure if this was already posted, but for the last 2 days I have encountered some issues with the Skinning Bait System.

I can craft my Elusive bait no problem, and I can infuse it with frost without issues. But after infusing it, and sometimes even without infusing it, I cannot place it on the ground. I thought it might be a zone issue, but nope, worked fine a few days ago at the same spot.

Also, I unlocked Earth Infusion and only managed to infuse it once and actually use it.

The issues are very inconsistent and haven’t been able to find a pattern to either replicate or fix. Now I am left without being able to use a core aspect of my profession :frowning:

11 Likes

I have also experienced this. Bliz plz fix

5 Likes

Currently experiencing this. Anyone have a fix yet? Tried reload, relog, disable all addons, craft new (different type of bait). Nothing worked so far.

7 Likes

Also tried skinning a handful of things in case that would trigger the game to realize my cooldown is up. No dice.

4 Likes

That’s happening to me right now. On the description, it looks like the Use text is gone. It’s just the flavor text, basic info, and who crafted it.

5 Likes

Tested destroying a bait and re-crafting (sad). Did not fix.

4 Likes

I can’t use this. I crafted one in a raid. Now I can’t use it anywhere.

I can make the item. Also. I tried using the /Use command doesn’t work

3 Likes

I am having the same issue - no use text - and clicking on it does nothing (not even error text). It also no longer shows as being in a stack of 1 (despite being a unique item) like it did in previous weeks

4 Likes

Elusive Creature Bait bugged today, worked yesterday 20Feb2023. Seems original issue reported in 2022, but today 21Feb2023 is the day most people came looking for it. Please help so we can use our profession feature. As noted, there is no longer a “Use” function on the item either in the profession journal nor on the created item.

5 Likes

same issue. as of 2/21/2023

1 Like

I also encountered this problem today . how to fix this . thank all

2 Likes

thought i was going crazy but looks like a lot of people are having this bug, this mornign feb 21 2023 i could use the bait but tonight I cannot

3 Likes

Same issue as of 10:40 PM CST on 2/21/23. No use text on any bait item, other right-click-to-use items in my bags work as normal, just zero interactability with any bait item. Destroying existing ones does nothing, disabling all addons does nothing, relogging/restarting does nothing…

This is the only way a leatherworker can reliably farm elemental supplies. What’s up?

Wow. First time I ever use a lure … and it’s bugged.

Yeah i hope they fix it soon, huge blow to mat farming and meager gold making for me =/

Same here. I just get an item with flavor text. submitted ANOTHER bug.
That’s like 10 reports in the last 2 weeks. I hope they can start fixing some of the core perks to these professions, quests, and achievements.

Let us know you’re at least aware of the issue if nothing else, Blizz… :confused:

Same thing since today’s (2/22/2023) reboot - neither infused nor regular creature bait work, relogging, disabling addons, creating regular bait do not work.
P.S. and for whatever reason bliz forum system picks up an abandoned alt rather than a huntard, but w/e

tried relog, tried reload, broken As game =/

So these just lost the “Use” capability and are bricks in the bags