Elune's Silence

Something that occurred to me earlier today was perhaps Elune’s lack of huge divine intervention during the War of Thorns has to do with the giant sword stuck in the side of the planet. What if Elune is channeling a lot of her power into keeping Azeroth alive? Titan life support, as it were.

In such a scenario Elune would be forced to choose between the Kaldorei and Azeroth; She puts the the Titan first while still investing enough power to save those in Darnassus from a terrible death and becoming soul-chow for Sylvanas’ new spooky shadow friend.

Curious what others think about the topic.

11 Likes

Elune was present during the war of thorns, she just didn’t prevent the genocide.

As far as I know, the only thing she did was make night elves fall asleep in Darnassus so their death in the flames won’t be as painful.

4 Likes

Elune is the most useless goddess ever. Scourge invasion? Nothing. Assault on Mount Hyjal? Nothing. Legion invasion? Nothing.

Teldrassil burned down? Here’s some cool looking eyes

27 Likes

This one. She’s a bad goddess and the Night Elves losing faith in her is a realistic outcome.

12 Likes

Elunes only action during the war of the ancients was a personal shield for tyrande for a short time why dies anyone suddenly think she would do more?

4 Likes

Elune made it so the countless civilians who begged her to save them on the burning tree didn’t hurt as much as they died horribly screaming her name.

Now THAT’S a goddess worth believing in!

22 Likes

If elune was as active as people seem to want there wouldnt be a story. She can’t be active or do big things because the narrative breaks and like all fictional characters the writters dictate what elune does and dosent do. They wanted the tree burned and genocide to happen because despite all the none divine ways it could have stopped.

13 Likes

Actually. They were put into a painless sleep… And Elune granted them exactly what they asked for as a note.

The last three priestesses of Elune in Teldrassil prayed.
They did not ask for healing or for rescue.
They asked for mercy.
And their goddess heard them as Astarii began to sing.

18 Likes

I think she would also lose her enigmatic quality if she was actively part of the story. I like the relatively chaotic nature of her.

8 Likes

From what I recall she also made it so Tyrande would require no food nor water and so the Torture the Highborne tried didn’t work.

3 Likes

Yes that is such a major intervintion she protected one elf during a war with cosmic implacations so she of course would be more active in one not so crucial.

Well, If Elune has capacities akin to those of the Naaru or Void Lords then she can forsee the future and knew Tyrande being alive was critical to things playing out for the best.

But yes. Elune rarely directly intervenes; it seems to be very difficult and taxing for her to manifest into normal reality to do so. She seems sort of akin to a void lord in that aspect.

2 Likes

Who knows i tend to think of her like diablos anu as she has aspects in 4 or 5 of the 6 cosmic forces so she knows not to interact or if she does it will likely break reality.

It’s not that we thought she would, it’s that we thought she should. She proved herself entirely useless and unworthy of the faith Night Elves put in her. Look at what happened, they burned believing in her.

You shouldnt ask what she should do but what she is allowed to do by the people who write her.

Ok no. If you start going “oh the writers” about everything you get a really boring discussion. That’s why I don’t like everyone blaming the writers for the Horde’s state in this expansion. Makes for a terrible discussion.

1 Like

On that note why does blizzard insist on making it so that Horde players should be embarrassed for being horde.

First by giving us the villain bat. And then by having the Warchief of the Horde for an expansion and a half call us all nothing.

Like ??? Blizz what’s your deal

8 Likes

Because they’re stuck on the idea the Horde act and the Alliance react. Most of the time that means the Horde is the villain because Blizzard equates aggressive actions with evil.

2 Likes

It is true just like why didnt the vindcar help evacuation why was everyine so easily tricked why was the horde so easily convinced. Bfs is an idiot plot . In the ebd the answer fir e erything is be ause the story we got is the story they wanted to tell and trying to pretend any of it makes sense is like explainkng cat as pukts with a max of a few hundred meters hitting teld from the shore with ease.

2 Likes

Cool. Let’s close down the story forum, there’s nothing else to discuss. Things happen because the writers say they do. That’s the answer to everything.