Elune Cutscene Anxiety Thread

You would flip your sh!t if Elune says that Sylvanas was working for me undercover with Zovaal…lol

Just curious, what would you do if that happened? lol

Do I need to call for help before tonight?

2 Likes

36 Likes

I hear you had a shortage of Anima because all souls are being fed to the MAW, here’s more NE souls…

• Elune 2021
36 Likes

Is there? If you choose to act like, “nah, f it” while comebody is killed around the corner when you could help, would the court state “nah, you’re cool”?

gl hf

Elune called the night elves her favorite children?
And allowed the Burning to saturate Ardenweald with anima?

Right?

3 Likes

Its pretty hinted that she and the winter queen plans to revive them

you could almost say elune treats women better than blizzard does

2 Likes

Elune’s certainty that the Arbiter would filter all of Teldrassil’s souls to Ardenweald hard confirms that Ardenweald is the Night Elf afterlife.

7 Likes

Sylvanas. Beat the “only” goddess in chess.
Mda.
Bwonsamdi foreva.

2 Likes

I thought there wasnt a elune cinematic cause blizzard hates nelves

6 Likes

Nightmarish Fusions cannot be resurrected.

1 Like

It’s certainly a very “pretty” cinematic - but as usual it’s light on details, even when we connect it to what we already know. It doesn’t fix the major question that we had with the Sylvanas cinematic, and it’s still not clear how Tyrande as a character feels since (as she will later say that she was being possessed by Elune and was not herself for a time) she’s gone through a cosmic spin cycle.

Elune’s involvement in Teldrassil also isn’t clear. We know she had a hand, what was that hand? We don’t know.

One thing I will add is that for a long time, I questioned whether there will be a cinematic. That skepticism was warranted at the time, and given what we have gotten, I can still comfortably say that we don’t have the answers that we were so stridently promised.

As a final note - no, I will not be following further spoilers that come out of this storyline or anything else that Blizzard produces. In the light of recent events any belief that I had that Blizzard was simply making mistakes in how they told these stories, rather than harboring an active and ongoing disdain as we now know they did towards unfavored groups, is pretty much dead - and I have my doubts that Blizzard as a company will survive to release another expansion anyway. They may not even be able to finish this one.

This just isn’t worth anyone’s time anymore. It has the appeal of watching a trainwreck, but don’t expect anything meaningful, or respectful, or enjoyable out of that.

That’s all.

17 Likes

I can tell that this thread is gonna be a hot topic, so I’ll get my takes in quick like.

The main one being clarification on the “I sent souls” part.

I don’t think the intended implication is that Elune straight up machinated the deaths of Night Elves to inject souls into Ardenwaeld’s stock market.
I don’t think I would even says she “let them die”. Elune’s in a weird spot right now, and we don’t really know what she’s capable of. Could she have stopped the fire with one grand act of divine intervention? Dunno.

I think the intention is “This horrible thing happened. But at least I could send them to your care.” (Except whoopsie doopsie that didn’t happen.)

18 Likes

So, the way I interpret the scene, Tyrande has 2 choices - pursue vengeance until she died using the Night Warrior’s power or live and use that power to help create the new Tear. That tear would then be used to help revitalize Ardenweald and perhaps the Night Elves.

As for Elune, she probably didn’t have the power to actually save those trapped on Teldrassil and so planned to use their souls to help her sister in Ardenweald. Problem is, somehow she didn’t know about the Maw and what happened to the Arbiter, which seems kind of ridiculous to me.

Unless, that is, the pantheons don’t speak to one another and stick to their own little areas and responsibilities. They are all insular.

4 Likes

So Tyrande, who CHOSE to kill Slyvanas was stripped of her power before doing so…

…now must CHOOSE “vengeance” or “renewal” for obliterated souls…

Am I missing something???

15 Likes

No, you’re not missing anything. You are simply watching a team that badly wanted to watch the Horde burn Teldrassil now clumsily attempting to close out a story that they never thought through in the first place, in a way that minimizes at least some of the damage.

They seem to believe that Night Elf fans can be placated by pretty and druidy things, and shiny keys like new customizations - rather than real or meaningful resolution… or perhaps just the respect to not use up an entire playable race for cool marketing visuals.

30 Likes

'Renewal" “We may yet guide their souls unto their spring.” Winter queen purpose is guiding spirits of nature back to life. It’s hinted that the night elves were intended to be reborn through the WQ

6 Likes

Whatever it is, it will lessen Sylvanas’ guilt.

God damn this writing staff.

3 Likes

That was the goal but then all souls went to the maw and were obliterated…

I’m about to throw up

Does the Horde have incompetent gods?

4 Likes