Elune Cutscene Anxiety Thread

So apparently there’s a cutscene with Elune talking to us coming out soon? Time for some last minute speculation about how Blizzard can and will mess this one up then.

Some speculation:

• Elune sided with the Jailer and sacrificed her people and the souls of her people so that he can achieve his goals
  • Elune isn’t just a goddess for the Night Elves and wants to protect everyone equally, thus protected Sylvanas
  • Something about focusing on rebuilding and working with what we have left (which also happens to be nothing)
  • Maybe it’s only about the new sigil and how Ardenweald is safe now and we actually don’t get any new information aside from that
  • Elune is an eternal one in the pantheon of death life instead of a goddess

What are your bets? How will Blizzard mess this one up?

Edit: It’s so disgusting…

8 Likes

Elune is the Ancient God, the Crypt of the Firsts is a stone tree, and the scene of Archimonde’s death will be repeated, only with tentacle-eyes instead of wisp. Will it fit?

2 Likes

That sounds about right. *puts down money *

Perhaps we find out we’re also Nephalim, and World of Warcraft suddenly becomes World of Diablocraft, and Elune was Lilith all along! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

:face_vomiting:

16 Likes
  • Hard confirmed that absolutely no race in the multiverse is loved by Elune more than night elves.
  • Also hard confirmed that night elves were intended for Ardenweald.
  • Elune’s certainty that the Arbiter would filter all of Teldrassil’s souls to Ardenweald hard confirms that Ardenweald is the Night Elf afterlife.
  • Reminder, friends: Ardenweald is not a night elf zone.
52 Likes

Well, Elune chosed to kill night elves confirmed?

Well… I am not sure what to say at the moment.

gl hf

15 Likes

Well, the cinematic is out.

The answer is, Elune is likely a goddess of the Life Pantheon. The Night Elves are her favorite children, and it was a great pain for her to allow the souls to go to Ardenweald, but she did it out of love for her sister and the balance of the cosmos.

4 Likes

nothing happens

called it.

2 Likes

What happened?

No she didn’t. She chose not to save them, to save Ardenweald, which is where nelves go when they die anyway.

5 Likes

Yes she did, because she putted them to sleep so they could not escape, and did not stop the burning because of that.

gl hf

5 Likes

inb4 “nooooo it was afrasiabi not the current team”

They couldn’t escape anyway. The night elves begged for mercy, and she gave them the mercy of a painless death.

He’s been gone since june 2020

4 Likes

Oh my god they actually pulled that hahahahaha
Oof.

26 Likes

She did not interfere with the tree, so. Not sure there is much to say.

I’m just glad I unsubbed. And won’t come back till some big changes in the narrative team.

gl hf

3 Likes

So night elves are her favored children

4 Likes

There’s a difference in murdering people and choosing not to save them.

But what with Tyrande, is she bound to this realm now like Ysera?

Calling BS on this one.

The Winter Queen’s call for aid was when Zovaal first rebelled against them (and the first ones.)

That’s why she felt abandoned.

Fast forward to now…

Elune knew that there is a shortage of Anima… so she decides not to aid the Night Elves, her “favorite” so that they could fuel Ardenweld…

…knowing that there was a shortage of Anima because all souls were being redirected to the Maw…

Am I missing something here???

38 Likes

Absolutely shocking. So Elune intentionally let her people die thinking they’d go to Ardenweald, then they went into the maw where they were in fact obliterated and all we get is… a tear from Elune.

Wow.

24 Likes