ELITE PVP SETS-What is the point of a community vote?

Putting this link in here as well:

S4 Elite PVP Set - Not Updated to Reflect Winning Tier (CC subforum)

S4 Elite PVP Set - Not Updated to Reflect Winning Tier (General Discussion subforum so we can chat about it)

There is no fine print anywhere stating this was simply PVE S4. This was ‘S4’ (all-encompassing - not labeled ‘S4 PVE’) and you can reference any of the links to the voting, results, so on and so forth in the posts linked above.

Either way, my hope is for Blizzard to communicate why there is such misalignment or what happened in general. :pray:

7 Likes

Thank you for this so much!!

Because its not a season 3 elite set, its a season 3 and 4 elite set.
:slightly_smiling_face:

Catalyzing the gear by my logic should give you the tier appearance that was voted on, which it does.

The only difference between how pve and pvp collect these tier sets is pvp is effectively limited to Amirdrassil because theres no way to send pvp back in seasons like they can with pve raids.

For the same reason that the shadowlands season 3 elite set was also available in season 4, because season 4 is just season 3 rehashed.

This isn’t like Shadowlands. We didn’t have a vote in Shadowlands like we did for Dragonflight. I think at this point, you just want to be contrarian instead of listening and trying to understand many others who felt similarly about how voting for the final season was going to be.

2 Likes

Its literally the same exact concept as shadowlands with 1 minor deviation that applies to catalyzed gear or tier purchased with tier tokens. All other gear drops have retained the same exact appearance as they were originally.

No it is not. Because they (Blizzard) went out of their way to put a community poll. The people voted, and some classes didn’t get the vote that won. If Blizzard was transparent and stated that the Elite sets were not apart of the vote then it would be a non-issue, but they did not do that and MANY members in the community in and out of the forums all collectively thought the same way about having their voted set which includes the elite PvP sets. If you look at the community council’s post (who organized the issue way better than me), the elite sets were also shown while the voting was active, which mislead the community.

4 Likes

Isn’t it Wowhead that posted all the tints? Not Blizzard itself?

1 Like

Those were shown by wowhead lol

1 Like

They were transparent. It was well-known that elite sets from other seasons were TIME LIMITED and would not come back EVER.

Then why is season 3 back again if it’s time limited?

2 Likes

Pvp is a lie

1 Like

Yes, in the past. But this is new Blizz, handing out TCG items which was also well known to not come back.

There are plenty of people in the forums, Reddit, Instagram, etc that feel the same way and had the EXACT same thought during and after the vote about Blizz’s lack of transparency about this topic. So, no, not well known in this new Blizz world. All we need is a blue post with clarification, and if they say no, then it’s absolute and a non-issue. :heart:

it’s season 3 and 4 if you look at collections

1 Like

I think if they were really interested in what’s good for PvP, they’d have input a new color version of the elite set of the season voted on.

I say “new color” because if all it does it give access to the original elite PvP set color, there are a lot of people who will have no reason to participate, because they already have the elite sets from S1, S2 and S3.

And really, elite sets in PvP have a stronger influence in participation than transmog sets in PvE. PvE sets aren’t treated as time-limited, while for PvP they’re a goal for a lot of people on the bottom and middle of the ratings ladder.

3 Likes

I honestly hope they never do another S4 again. Give me Plunderstorm. Give me Pandaria. Give me whatever they chose to actually do the work on - because it doesn’t look like they are capable of updating all the seasonal records, and they definately aren’t transparent enough with us on how and why the contraption has been doing so poorly with the S4 rewards, boxes, chests, changes.

Please don’t do this again without a tabletop exercise and reasonable chance of success, Blizzard.

2 Likes

Because that set is labeled as SEASON 3 and SEASON 4 of dragonflight. Try looking in-game. It’s NOT back again it NEVER left.

Tell us of a time when they brought back an ELITE SET from PVP.

Sorry to bother ya, but what colour does the conquest one turn into? Normal, heroic?

It wasn’t labeled that way until yesterday lol, it was just labeled ‘season 3’. So that’s doesn’t really work as a reason why everyone should have known it would be the season 4 set.

3 Likes

Except it does, the expectation is that people can read and comprehend what they’re reading.

People last month should’ve read a label that wasn’t in the game until yesterday…?