Elf fans. Do you still want High Elves?

i didnt say high elf stuff was insulting. you’re just making stuff up now.

2 Likes

I wasn’t even talking to you, honestly Hyper give it a rest.

since i’m one of those

you people

you keep referring to, i assume any comments to

us people

are also for me.

2 Likes

Playable Nightborne being implemented poorly was entirely the fault of Blizzard and everyone was in agreement that it was a bad model. I highly doubt there was anything stopping them from giving the NPC models as the playable model, and I also 100% advocated for them using the Night Elf model.

3 Likes

If I want to address you, I assure you I’ll address you in a reply directed at you otherwise if you choose to take what I say to someone else personal that’s on you, not me.

their shoulder armor doesnt fit right, but it also doesnt fit night elves or humans right. pretty much the only models in the game that most armor looks good on are blood elves, high elves and void elves. this is likely because they arent caricatures. their modeled after actual fashion models. whereas the original models for wow vanilla, were tongue in cheek jabs at the fantasy genre. a little goofy on purpose. exaggerated on purpose.

3 Likes

you said they. they includes anybody reading this thread, who wants more for high elves.

2 Likes

Again, Blood Elves are High Elves it’s why we can look how people like you want to without the void corruptions so the people that actually want things for High Elves are people like me, not you, you want stuff for the off brand race so you can pretend to be something you aren’t.

I still can’t believe people are gatekeeping what a “true high elf fan” is.
Void Elves are just as must High Elf as Blood Elves, and being a Void Elf that wants more non-Void themed customization because you are a fan of High Elves doesn’t make you less of a High Elf fan than a Blood Elf.

2 Likes

i’m not an elf of any kind. i’m a human being. hehe. but i wanna wear an elf skin in a game, and i prefer it look like an elf, not medusa. :smiley: if i wanted to look like medusa, i’d be happy with void elves, cause they got that going on.

2 Likes

You do get that she was responding to me reacting to someone who did indeed say that the alliance high elf stuff was insulting.

4 Likes

oh lol sorrry.

I like Baals concept of Belore/An’she where the elves have the incorrect name and the tauren have the correct one in opposite to Elune.

3 Likes

Looking at biologi the highelves still exist. There are a handful of untainted highelves, void infused highelves and the bloodelves that for a while dabbled with fel energy. You can now create bloodelves without fel tainted eyes and I doubt that they consider it treason NOT to suck on fel crystals as it stands now. Sadly, I do not understand why there are void elves, they only seem to exist to thwart alliance players by not being proper highelves.

Bloodelves no longer need to corrupt themselves with fel and as such the diffence between them and classical highelves are of a political and cultural nature. This difference really should behve been explored instead. The tragedy of a rift alienating family members from each other. This is the type of things that happens during a civil war and as such give so much potential to explore.

Really the highelves should have been a neutral race where players can roll on both sides just like the pandaren. They have as individuals handled addiction with different strategies, traces of with can be seen in their eye color. As such we have the stoic ones resisting the addiction staying with blue eyes, maybe they use meditation to supress the hunger like Star Trek Vulcans do to supress their emotions. Some have used fel energiers at some point but with the restored Sunwell no longer need to and now have a faint green hue to their eyes. Some have become addicted to fel and have more intense green eyes. Some have turned to The Light as an aid and now have light infused eyes and so on. All these could be handled simply by the choice of eye color.

After this, the decision on what side they are on are just a political/cultural choice. The void elves should really only be a novelty choice, but they do fit in as another path to handle the addiction.

3 Likes

I would love to have someone go into how they came about with those models. The proportions are a dead giveaway that they used the night elf model as a base and started modifying from there, but I’m curious as to the decision process and whether someone from the art team noticed the differences between the NPC model and what was given to players.

I’m in favor of a redo if it’s needed, though considering the proportions and skeleton would have to be modified/replaced, it’d probably take a while to get that done.

2 Likes

Sadly the biggest reason this will never happen I fear.

3 Likes

I feel like Tauren get ignored far too much for how fabulous they are, they need more attention, storylines, customizations, etc. :heartpulse: :heartpulse: :heartpulse:

3 Likes

Hey, they’re the only race where they stuck in a lore book a bit about how wrong their beliefs are

2 Likes

Not over Shadowlands immediately torpedo’ing the tauren heritage armor quest (which was pretty cool).

1 Like

that was the way it seemed. not so much anymore.