Elf fans. Do you still want High Elves?

Draenei and blood elves share a lot of hairstyles at a basic level (with some obvious tweaking for the males), but that’s partially because they used to literally share faces.

…I’m pretty sure they don’t any more with the WoD Customization Event, though.

Bliz likes a copy paste when they can.

3 Likes

dwarf females have some great hairstyles. i always giggle at the twirling braids animation.

3 Likes

correct, normal draenei females have huge eyes now.

1 Like

Don’t remind me of those diapergnomes lol If they looked like the mechagnomes from Ulduar, then that would have been ideal for me personally.

And yeah, I get why people believe that Alliance won with Kul’tiran, I just don’t think so since like I said, I don’t play humans. I am a human IRL, so I want to be something else in game. Yeah, the LFD have some cool customizations, and I want jewelry options for the normal Draenei. TBH, I can’t remember the Dark Iron Dwarves’ scenario, but I still think they should have been horde since Alliance kept killing them lol

I know your stance on velves/helves on the Alliance, not sure if you know mine but I wish they’d made Thalassian Elves neutral, called Blood Elves if they went Horde, High Elves if they went Alliance, then had velves be a customization unlocked for both. My main issue with velves is that Blizz said there weren’t enough helves to have them be playable, yet supposedly only 10% of Silvermoon’s population remained after the Scourge invaded yet look how many belves are around on the Horde. There are even less velves around than helves, and they made them playable.

Blizz hasn’t really done anything with velves, not even during the N’zoth patch. They got watered down because Blizz sorta gave us what we’d been asking for in everything but name, so you have belf players who are upset because they feel that velves are stealing their identity, velf players who are upset because when they got a round of customization, it was just to slap on helf customization and nothing voidy, and helf players are still upset because they can only be a helf in appearance, not name. So yeah, everyone is unhappy with Blizz right now.

It does amuse me that like in game, the Thalassian elves can’t get along, and neither can the players. It’s kinda poetic if you ask me.

/endrant

3 Likes

at this point, night elves cant be warlocks. its gonna be weird when all the races get all the classes. mechagnome demon hunter lol vulpera demon hunter with fur and a fluffy tail lol hmt dh with antlers lol

1 Like

not entirely. i’m mostly happy. just need new hairstyles. have you been in fenelon’s void thread?

2 Likes

Yes I have been in there, and would love those options, but still would love the ability to have my helf characters be called helves.

2 Likes

ohh. that would just be a small quality detail for me. i dont mind ee, in fact sometimes it looks really cool, depending on my gear, but if it went away i wouldnt be disappointed, same thing with title. if i got it, i wouldnt be disappointed, if i dont get it, i wont be disappointed. i’m mostly interested in hairstyles at this point, and for the church lady to stop asking me to leave lol

3 Likes

Can I ask why that in particular is important to you? (only curious. For me its a non-issue)

It just bothers me that my helf characters, who are VERY opposed to the use of void magic, are called velves, have void dialog, and have the void racial show. I have always wanted proper helves on the Alliance, so even while I have some velves who are velves, like this toon, I still want the option to match my customization look to the name.

In case it isn’t clear, I am an RPer lol, and yes there are RP addons that let you customize your race and everything, but I shouldn’t need an Addon to be the race that I want to be.

Also Lore explained it better than I did haha

3 Likes

I’m of a similar mind, not just for High Elves but for all races that it’s relevant for.

I’m an RPer, and I value the little details.
If I consider my character a Wildhammer Dwarf, then I’d want that to be expressed in my tooltip for everyone to understand rather than simply through an addon.
If I’m a Troll, why is it that I’m not able to have my tooltip specify which tribe I believe my troll to originate from.

Yet there are already races that this applies to.
Dark Iron Dwarves are Dwarves with their clan expressed in their tooltip. Same with Zandalari Trolls.

It’s not just about tooltips either.
If you don’t consider your Dwarf to be a Bronzebeard and rather consider them to be a Wildhammer, then there should be further options to modify the racials to comply with that identity. Otherwise it’s conflicting and ruins immersion. Which is why there are Void Elf players that want to hide the Void racials or change them to be more thematically High Elven like visually altering them to be Arcane in coloration.

4 Likes

ahhh, i get it. makes sense.

Very sad people engage in such behavior tbh

3 Likes

Thankfully with the new hair color customization that’s been coming out for Dragonflight, I anticipate Void Elves will be getting the additional hair colors along with the other races in due time.

Given the added class customization as well, I anticipate that’ll trickle down to being relevant for Void Elves as well (regarding the opening of class combinations for all races which currently aren’t available to Void Elves)

4 Likes

oh hey, how ya been? havent seen ya around for months!

Thank you for sharing that.

I can understand that viewpoint, though personally for me, I don’t mind just using TRP at this point. (I’m too used to using other races to stand in for unavailable ones. My poor furbolg is a pandaren right now.)

As above I get that but I also personally don’t mind it. So its hard to me to see the value in Blizzard doing it. I don’t begrudge anyone asking at this point though.

I can’t say that I’m at all happy with how Wildhammer have been handled which brings me to this bit you say-

I cannot and never will be ok with the Wildhammer, the most important of the dwarven clans to the Alliance as a whole, being relegated to cosplay aspects.

We need our Stormhammers that EVERY Wildhammer goes through a ritual to attain and make, a sign of their clan. We need gryphons to be a part of their identity for them to be proper Wildhammers. And they really should have their own heritage armor. (and mount).

I cannot forgive Blizzard for treating them like they’re nothing as they put the Dark Irons in their own class.

Like without Wildhammer the Alliance doesn’t have Gryphons at all ffs.

Understandable.

Though folk in the meantime can use this setup if its really bothering them!

#showtooltip Arcane Shot
/cancelaura Entropic Embrace
/cast Arcane Shot

Attach that to maybe your three most commonly used abilities and it really helps for those trying for the high elf look.

4 Likes

That at least have lore backing because of the War of the Ancients books.

That have existed since TBC and were asked for since then by Horde players (I will grant you that they came late; Mag’har should have been playable or a custamization option since Mists of Pandaria).

With a decent introduction even if it added up to blind luck.

That had one of, if not the, strongest lore introduction WoW has ever done for a race. And this is despite their existence being a massive retcon because Suramar was nothing but ruins in Maiev’s campaign in The Frozen Throne.

What the Alliance got as allied races were either things no one cared about or asked for that are the products of bad writing (mecha gnomes, void elves), things that are really late to the party because they should already have been addressed (dark iron dwarves, kul tirans) and padding (lightforged).

The Horde’s allied races made sense on a concept level and generally aren’t an affront to good writing. And I say that only because the Mag’har allied race used WoD’s Mag’har instead of the Outlands Mag’har, despite the latter coming out in droves to support Garrosh during Mists.

1 Like

I find it super cringe that you and everyone else seems to think it’s okay Horde players got double screwed by not only getting a botched Night Elf but even after the customization pass bad customizations for it while Alliance players got our number one model without changes and have gotten almost all shared customizations, legit it’s very telling to me.

You and everyone else in this thread can keep pretending like you didn’t get a major win with Void Elves but if any of you actually disliked them like disliked them you wouldn’t play them, I at least own that I hate the Nightborne model and it’s customizations but I play it because we aren’t going to get anything else, Void Elves have gotten improvements after improvements after improvements.

Where are my Night Elf improvements for Nightborne, actually where are my shared customizations, anything at all honestly.

4 Likes

I still can’t bring myself to play my poor sad nightborne.

1 Like

I was the same way until I made mine my secondary main, since then I’ve just kind of accepted that Nightborne look terrible because the model is terrible, every outfit looks wrong and even the off black skintone and off purple hair looks bad but I still pretend I’m a Horde Night Elf since that’s what I’m supposed to be.

I wish they’d fix them though and give us better or shared customizations.

1 Like