Elemental Shaman Class Tuning -- March 8

Seeing Wind Gusts get capped at 10 stacks is probably the worst change I’ve seen to ele in years, you’re not only kill it in raid, but you’re killing it in m+ as well. I would like to know the thought process behind these proposed changes because I’m not convinced very much thought was put into them. Storm Elemental is just going to feel awful to ever play now.

10 Likes

What are you doing? This will completely kill elemental shaman in all aspects of the game. We currently aren’t even competitive after our AOE nerf in M+ and since you killed our single target in 9.1 we haven’t been viable there either. I guess you want us all to just roll different class.

8 Likes

This is a terrible change. Gutting a build because some people find it hard to play? I don’t like trying to maintain dots on multiple targets so lets gut aff lock hur dur

7 Likes

What in the world are you thinking?

Sure, claim accessibility and make the change, but how in the world are you going to do that and not even mention how significant of a nerf this is to a spec that is already barely mid tier in single target?

This also guts Storm Elemental for M+, our clear and ahead choice every single time.

This is so insanely shortsighted it just verifies no one on your team plays elemental or cares about it at all.

10 Likes

Ya’ll out here nerfing a TALENT instead of the tier set bonus? Do you guys know even know how BAD that feels? Jesus christ.

9 Likes

Guys even a damage buff to LB and CL would not fix this. By letting this change happen, you’re essentially halving your earthquake and earth shock casts as well because we won’t generate maelstrom as quickly. The entire toolkit would have to be buffed > 15% to not have this nuke our spec and you know they’d never do that.

13 Likes

What are you doing? This will completely kill elemental shaman in all aspects of the game. We currently aren’t even competitive after our AOE nerf in M+ and since you killed our single target in 9.1 we haven’t been viable there either. I guess you want us all to just roll different class.

3 Likes

So where’s the buff compensation for making a change that should ultimately be only a quality of life improvement?

15 Likes

This is literally a joke.

You want to prevent a playstyle for hitting the same button over and over again. So you choose to nerf the whole spec to the ground including M+ and raid???

“Players have reported that this is uncomfortable to play, and we believe it might pose a significant accessibility concern.” yeah sure nerfing us this hard so we are not able to enter any key or raid, we wont have a accessiblity concern, we dont even need to press keyboard anymore. THANKYOU BLZ

7 Likes

OH HEY COOL A BLUE ON THE SHAMAN FORUMS

wait a minute why is everything on fire

16 Likes

This is a really rough change, there was a lot of fun/niche builds around storm ele that were very fun to play, as fire ele can be boring.

These builds revolved around being able to keep your stacks, and this change really guts any chance of using anything over than EOGS in keys.

Please do not go through with this change, our builds will become so stagnant and unfun in M+ and raid.

6 Likes

Wow… thanks, I was half tempted to work on my shaman…

1 Like

Clearly, blizzard doesn’t play Elemental shamans at all… This change will ultimately kill this spec… we are already under represented in high end Mythic raiding, as well as keys… Nerfing this talent will just push us down even more… Why play an ele shaman at this point when you can play a mage and always get your way.

8 Likes

God forbid elemental shamans not be terrible ST now we won’t even be decent at aoe, just straight-up terrible all around. At least boomkins will still be busted can’t have them even be middling for a single patch of the expansion

5 Likes

I’m… confused.

I understand making it so .6 second cast time Lightning Bolts can’t happen, for accessibility reasons.

But… why are you not buffing the Storm Elemental or Lightning Bolt’s damage (with the buff) at the same time?

This is just flat out a nerf. I don’t even play Shaman in SL, but I read this and had to say something.

52 Likes

While I don’t think this will kill the spec I do think this change was made for all the wrong reasons. There is in no way an accessibility problem with the build. So you spam a button…welcome to playing video games? Look at any pro SC2 player and tell me that they don’t already push their buttons this much. Anyway nerfing storm ele back into obscurity is not the answer if they think this really does need a change, so either compensate for this 50% nerf (which it is) or revert it.

4 Likes

Please, don’t do this. Let us have our fun this patch with double leggo and tier sets. If it was too broken just make gust stacks reset, but dont cap stacks at 10, im begging. This would hit the spec really hard even before having 4piece tier set and double leggo, and make the set much less useful. 20 Stacks if what made Ele Shaman competitive in single target on keys with the storm ele build, we would be a capped aoe-only spec, and nowhere near from others like ww, mages (that can do everything much better) and so on. Please.

3 Likes

Hello, Michuain here, long-time Shaman enjoyer.

Although I understand the purpose of the change and very much appreciate it (Personally not a fan of Storm Elemental at all due to the playstyle that it enforces) I think that performing a flat out nerf here was rather short-sighted as there are no changes to compensate for the damage that will be lost due to this change. I’m not asking for you to revert this change but perhaps change what benefits the stacks grant, I propose that the cast speed reduction be replaced with either raw damage for Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning or Alternatively increasing their % chance to proc mastery with each stack- In a way that would preserve the effects of having the cast time so low by granting us more maelstrom energy.

Alternatively, you could buff the rest of the Elemental kit to compensate for the damage we are going to lose here because as it stands Elemental was not doing that well without tier and was essentially going to use it as a crutch to get through this tier. With this change, those plans are somewhat falling into the mud.

Anyways, thank you for taking my thoughts into consideration and hopefully, we can reslove this confusion soon.

7 Likes

We have had Storm ele reaching 20 stacks forever, it was absolutely not “uncomfortable”. This talent was an absolute staple in M+, and these changes not only nerf the talent with tier, but also nerfs it WITHOUT the tier set whatsoever.

If these changes go through, it would criminal to gut the spec without big compensations to the fire ele build…I know you guys can do better than this…Please don’t leave us hanging.

PLEASE look again at all the feedback that has been provided on the tier set feedback forums, and don’t completely dumpster us under the guise of accessibility. Nobody who played the spec seriously had any issue with the storm ele reaching 20 stacks…the low cast time from 20 stacks was when the talent finally felt good to use, because we had to BUILD towards it.

Consider good compensation buffs, show you actually listen to your class communities. Just ask us and we can provide any help you’re looking for. Stopping at these changes without buffing us to be usable in other aspects is not the play.

Guilds already basically have 0 reason to bring an ele shaman to mythic prog fights due to lack of raid utility on top of mediocre damage in comparison to every other class on offer.

Nerfed AOE burst damage with 0 other redeeming damage profiles is not going to be brought to any prog raid and that will feel terrible as a longtime Ele main.

Please reconsider your thought processes on these changes, and realize we need decent changes in other aspects for this to feel even remotely acceptable to the community.

Thank you for your time.

16 Likes

I know where you’re coming from, but I do understand the blue in this case as well. Not all changes are made for every player. Pressing the button every .6 seconds may have been comfortable for you, but for people with limited hand control it may have been very uncomfortable and frustrating.

That doesn’t justify a flat out nerf for a spec that’s already underperforming though.

(for the record, I use Storm Elemental when I play my shaman and found the fast lightning bolts fun. But I also understand accessibility concerns)

4 Likes