Elemental Lariat recipe drop rate

So much all of this.

Everytime I’m doing something that isn’t a primal storm, while a primal storm is up I feel like I’m an idiot. I breathe a sigh of relief whenever the primal storms are on cd and i can do something else. Like imagine all the new content that they added to DF, and then take a look at primal storms. Like at least if they were fun to do I might enjoy the degeneracy of the grind, but lets be real here. Primal storms are duuuuuumb.

I grinded them on day 1 for 13h straight only breaking for food during storm cd’s and I can’t remember the last time I was having such a lame time in wow.

I specced entirely into necks and rings, so I guess all I can do is accept that my profession is useless until I either get lucky or somethign changes.

Imo, at the very minimum the recipe should be jc only drop, can’t be right i have to fight the goblins on top of the rares for it as well. I just wanna craft for my mates and not feel s*** about choosing jc as a profession lol.

9 Likes

This more than anything else. They’ve been farming wins since launch in so many respects with DF but trying to get the amulet literally prevents me from engaging with any other form of content. Personally i’ve given up trying to hard farm it for now. Getting Ilvl from m+ is gonna do more for my raid’s damage than lariats on everyone i’m sure. It’s just unfortunate that I was having so much more fun with professions and then this happens.

I wouldn’t go nearly as far as to say all my good will toward the expansion has gone away because of this, but it’s certainly left a bitter taste in my mouth with respect to crafting. The fact that you can be so significantly rewarded for being lucky but not for actually putting the effort into the profession makes me wish I had just gone alchemy or LW.

5 Likes

I am a JC without the recipe and managed to obtained all the materials required for the item but no one will consider just crafting the item using my materials because I cant afford the insane commission request how is it fair play that a few players who got lucky drops can have such control over the price of such an important item where I’d have to go buy a token to get the item I want and isn’t this just the same problem we had with shadowlands legendaries where a small population of crafters who finished 1st got control of the market?

5 Likes

Same feeling here. I was having fun and engaged, leveling JC and grinding knowledge to be able to craft 5 star elemental lariats with primal and concentrated primal infusions for myself and my raid team.

Now I’m just bitter towards crafting in general and wish I had a more practical profession, or anything besides just being a neck socket crafter.

2 Likes

Looking at one on the AH right now that’s priced at 9 million lmao!!!

1 Like

The droprate is abyssmal… i’m well over 100 rare kills across several chars, and nothing.

It’s pretty sad that you can spec for necks, and the only one who is going to make any money out of it is the lucky dude who got the recipe. It’s a pretty dumb decision to give the recipe such a low droprate

4 Likes

I’m actually so upset by this… 90 talent points to not be able to craft a damn thing as far as necklaces go. I’ve killed around 15 of the bosses so far and having to just SIT there… I strongly recommend blizz give us profession respec immediately. I understand that choices matter BUT THIS ISNT SHADOWLANDS ANYMORE

1 Like

The recipe acquisition method does need to be adjusted. Below are some of my suggestions.

1. Significantly increase the drop rate, make the pattern Bind on Pickup, and it only drops for characters with the Jewelcrafting profession.

2). Let us buy the recipe with Elemental Overflow. Make it cost between 5000 and 7500.

9 Likes

The drop rate needs to be upped big time. The current drop rate is absurd.

2 Likes

same, I’ve killed a LOT of rares and most of my gametime is being spent farming herbs/ore/cloth while waiting for a rare to spawn then doing the same in the other area with a storm until another rare spawns.

I have 5 characters at 70 and killing as many rares as I can per day swapping between each char when they already have killed the one that just spawned… you’d think with this much dedication I’d have the recipe buuuut nope.

2 Likes

Im in the same boat. Ive tried doing a 20K commission Personal order to JCs who can craft it at the level I want but they just resend the work order.

1 Like

The fact that Blizzard has remained silent means they really dont care about it. Many players have already mentioned how they are being forced to non-stop the Storm events and burn out because Blizzard is more concerned with making an an essence BOP 4 weeks into the game instead of doing something about their broken profession system.

3 Likes

Such a bad design that I sit afk in a storm (unless I know a rare spawned then I get a 40 minute break) playing or watching anything else than actually playing WoW. Thanks Blizzard!

2 Likes

The best part is Shadowlands did this but better. Zerith mortis rares dropped recipes that could augment our crafts. This let crafters distinguish their goods from regular ones. Farming zerith mortis rares was a grind, but a fare better one. They had set spawn locations, often gave you a msg in chat before it spawned.

I do think they decided to make it intentionally low to make it an “exciting” drop or something.

One of the last hot fixes made a few changes to primal storm and also increased the drop rate for profession recipes in PVP.

They realized there was some kind of a problem with storms and also that there were problems with low drop rates for other recipes, but left elemental lariat’s drop rate alone. Makes me think they don’t see it as an issue.

isnt this the pattern they already nerfed because it was “too strong”. Funny they wont increase the dailys due to not wanting to make people feel they have to log in and do them but yet they hide patterns that make people feel that they have to be on every storm mindlessly killing mobs that drop nothing

3 Likes

When has blizzard ever cared? Mindless farming is content to them.

2 Likes

Forced is a strong word. Do it or don’t.

I’m not a JC but I see trade chat filled with players (customers) seeking anyone, anybody out in the void to craft the Elemental Lariat, any quality, and it’s getting to the point other players are telling the customers to stop spamming trade chat for the necklace (have screen shot), and not just one player, it’s a bunch of people seeking this special prized jewelry.

I seen on the AH today the one and only Elemental Lariat recipe going for 5 million gold. I agree, the drop rate Needs to be upped.

1 Like

how else would they increase token purchases?

3 Likes