Elemental Force is grossly overtuned

Yeah he’s full of it, at 89 it’s nowhere near as much as 10% of your damage, he pulled that out of his butt. If it actually is you are just standing there auto attacking, you’ll find if you press your abilities you’ll do alot more damage.

Not exactly sure what it would be at 89, but last time I was leveling an alt I swapped off of elemental force around 50-55, and at the time of swapping it was already in the single digits, around 8-9% of my dmg over the course of a dungeon IIRC. There’s no way it’s doing 10% at 89, unless it’s received a buff recently, which seems unlikely as the last thing that chant needs is a buff, it is for sure straight up broken low levels.

If Elemental Force is consistently a players top damage, it may very well be the players own shortcomings which have allowed this to happen.
Results may vary, accordingly.

1 Like

89 here, Elemental Force tickles at this level. There are better enchants to switch to when you start getting higher levels.

1 Like

Jesus man, you admit you haven’t played a char in the 80s, that you haven’t leveled an alt in a while and stopped using EF at 55. In what way are you even remotely an authority then? Why don’t you actually try using the enchant in the 80s before voicing an opinion? I mean good lord, a 10% damage buff you can buy would be OP broken at 120, but for you at 89 that is suddenly a pittance. What a ridiculous opinion you have.

When did I say I haven’t leveled a toon in the 80s? I was on my 84 monk alt 2 days ago. All I said is I’m not sure what the exact percentage EF would be at 89… because I’m not dumb enough to use it at that level. I know for damn sure it’s not 10% though, as the last time I personally swapped off of EF it was already below that, and that was 30 levels lower than you claim.

Not sure why you’re so determined to go down with this ship. Others who are actively in that level range have agreed… you’re the only one stubbornly claiming EF is good that high.

2 Likes

Or, just try it!

I have, and Elemental Force would be a downgrade for me :frowning:

e: Failed to switch >.<

2 Likes

You can try it on the PTR to see how fine tuned the adjustment has been done.
Check for yourself now while you can compare Live and PTR results.
This information is not likely to be directly released with the patch notes, now is the chance.
The adjustments are looking very nicely done. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yeah but you’re twinking; you want BiS. All I said was you can safely rock EF right through to 90 while leveling and get value from it. Other guy took grave offence to my terrible advice of not juggling enchants while leveling and here we are. I just ran a rando on an 88 enh alt and it was 8.9% of damage at the end; I don’t see anything wrong with that!

I mean, a penny still has value, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t crap comparatively. When you have more options available to you they all have to be weighed, and if you want the highest chances of success you go for the things that give you the highest benefit.

1 Like

Remember this thread? It looks like Sandyclaws is still using that pre 7.35 Ramstien’s.

Is that the Enhance?

1 Like

Experimented just to see, 10% seems about right. It doesn’t burst anything and I’d have to do more tests to see if it’s better/worse than running DK Crusader/Ice, but it does pad decently.

imgur. com/a/KcjoWX5

Proc-rate makes up for the low dmg. 175 hits (white dmg was only 295 hits) is pretty hilarious.

What’s the best 1h enchant to use in the 80s? I’m only 82 but I’ll try them all.

Ideally with more STR as a DK you’d probably want a Rune of Fallen Crusader in there. However, try out double Landslide and see how that works out with your abilities.

1 Like

Your free DK enchants fam.

Fallen Crusader boosts your STR by 15% when it procs, so the better gear you have the more benefit you’ll get from the proc. I haven’t played Frost in a very long time so I’m not sure what the 2nd runeforge would be off the top of my head.

1 Like

Razorice is the other one.

1 Like

10% at 89? I’m at 66 and it’s 6-8. Guess it depends on the class and abilities you use.

I wonder where Sandyclaws Ramstein’s was on those charts, being a massive AOE damage.

1 Like

A month and a half later, my thread still upsets you. I am impressed, that’s got to be some kind of record.

1 Like

Just saying hi! Sandyclaws glad to see you top those charts as a leveler in BOAs after all. :wink:

Ps. How did Ramstein’s do?

1 Like

Uh huh. You know forum posting doesn’t drop loot right? There is no achievement unlocked for living here