Elemental Force is grossly overtuned

It does more damage than anything else and is 30-40% of my total dmg in BG’s.

In my opinion, enchants should be seen as a nice bonus, not the bulk of my damage.

3 Likes

8.1.5 it will be getting an adjustment.

2 Likes

I believe this is one of the enchants being adjusted next patch.

Edit: Kang beat me to it

2 Likes

This is great news.

Proof? Screenshot? I think you mis-typed and 3%-4% is what you meant. Because if EF is doing that high % of your damage, you’re playing enhance completely wrong.

I don’t have a screenshot, but just did a BG at lvl 38 and it was 27.2% It was even higher before when I made this post.

I don’t really care whether or not you believe me, because you can do nothing about it. thankfully Blizzard has the data and are changing it for 8.1.5.

what adjustments are they making to elemental force exactly? i make like 20k a day off that enchant alone.

https://imgur.com/d4mzmbA

Best I get is ~8%.

Is that Recount? I just got the enchant and loaded this add-on to test it out.

Lots of enchants will see changes; incendiary ammo is getting the nerfbat too. I need to test what is actually going to be useful going forward still

Skada /10char

You are a resto Druid lol. Try it on a dual wielding enhancement shaman in BoAs.

I’m trying it on my boomkin in boas if I can get this add on to work.

Spamming sunfire/moonfire gets it to proc just as much if not more than your single target. Perhaps you fail to understand how EF works? But I can gladly log on my enhance shaman and show you that the #'s are going to still be about the same.

And another one. 8% seems about what it does, for Druids anyway. I’m curious to see your SS of 40% damage being this enchant.

1 Like

After doing a BG with the OP, I can say that their damage is indeed 25% or better. However, I also can say, without trying to be insulting that your other damage is quite low

https://imgur.com/2J6yAfw

I truly mean no offense by that but something is amiss here and it seems to be the lower ilevel gear. I do know that your storm strike should be hitting a lot harder than it’s showing.

This is a perfect example of why gear is important. I am more than willing to point out a few upgrades such as the AB vendor in Arathi Highlands which will upgrade your belt and feet for 2 marks of honor if you have them. They are account bound so if you have some on another toon you can mail them to any character.

Funny to run into you haha. Thanks for the AB vendor tip 8)

I ended up getting both of those slots upgraded via quests right after that BG, and now I am level 40.

The damage percent overall went down as I levelled through the 30’s from mid to high thirties down to mid twenties by the time I got to 39 as you showed in your SS.

Breaking down the damage:

Stormstrike: - 4 hits -
180 minimum
443 max
341 avg

Rockbiter - 10 hits - 2 crits
73 min
156 max
102 avg

Elemental Force:
68 min
118 max
80 avg

@Kang has a 39 shaman as well maybe he can point us towards the problem. I haven’t played mine in awhile but I have seen 39 shaman top KB and damage.

Either way, I hope your games go better than that one did. That was afk central there, I think you even came in late due to it.

I’ll have to test it next time I level a toon from level 10. Maybe the higher you go, the less it hits for? I could see it doing good dmg in the 19s/29s. But at 60, it doesn’t do much.